Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Innistrad Crimson Vow: A Red Wedding That Won't Dissapoint!

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Re: Innistrad Crimson Vow: A Red Wedding That Won't Dissapoint!

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    This only counts actual mana spend and not spells cast with alternate costs like Fireblast, right?
    Yes.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Damn or Sphere of Annihilationseems better in most situations…

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    If they start doing Cleave costs of "Pay 2 life" or "Discard a card" then it might get interesting. If its just CMC x and Cleave x+3 over and over then I'm bored of it already.
    Can't see them doing optional Phyrexian Mana, which they've said (and I think we can all agree) is shitty mechanic that shouldn't exist. The discard is more plausible and that's where things would get interesting.

One of the things that initially drew me into Magic in the first place back in the day was that certain cards had drawbacks that, if you built around, could become upsides. Alas, it appears they have completely gone away from this; case in point: them moving toward non-symmetrical hate cards like little Teferi, Narset, Leovold, etc..

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Obvious card made for decayed tokens. Other than that, a pretty cool draw engine for Gravecrawler + sac outlet. With Phyrexian Altar + Crawler, it can draw all the zombies in your deck while you dump the rest of it into the GY.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Pretty decent card for Soul Sisters.
    Yes, I will happily make room for this in my Trelasarra Historic Brawl pile. It is a Spirit so it might even belong in my real life terrible Ghost Council of Orzhova EDH deck. Hmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Yes, I will happily make room for this in my Trelasarra Historic Brawl pile. It is a Spirit so it might even belong in my real life terrible Ghost Council of Orzhova EDH deck. Hmm.
    What does Soul Sisters run nowadays? Because a Saga package for token generation (Saga itself, Retrofitter Foundry) and Shadowspear as juicy tutor target doesn't too bad. Slap the Spear onto the new spirit or one of the Pridemage variants and you've got a big guy with fuck you lifegain. In case of the spirit, it could probably outgrow Murktides quite easily and then shut it down via vigilance. Solitude ups the removal count and can trigger your sisters even with the Evoke cast. Maybe even a Yorion variant since the key pieces have so much redundancy and a Yorion blink could generate massive ETB value?

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

What does Soul Sisters run nowadays? Because a Saga package for token generation (Saga itself, Retrofitter Foundry) and Shadowspear as juicy tutor target doesn't too bad. Slap the Spear onto the new spirit or one of the Pridemage variants and you've got a big guy with fuck you lifegain. In case of the spirit, it could probably outgrow Murktides quite easily and then shut it down via vigilance. Solitude ups the removal count and can trigger your sisters even with the Evoke cast. Maybe even a Yorion variant since the key pieces have so much redundancy and a Yorion blink could generate massive ETB value?
    Good questions, all of them. I'm afraid that most of my MtG play lately has been through Arena so I couldn't tell you what any Legacy list would even look like. There have been a few Ajani Pridemate++ printings lately though, Trelasarra herself is dumb if you're gaining several life a turn as you're scrying so much you're almost guaranteed sick topdecks. This new bear is like an Uber Serra Ascendant without the annoying in-between phase of needing to hit a life total threshold, and if the Legacy deck has as much trouble with chumps preventing victory as my Brawl deck sometimes does then this dude is hugely worth including for its built-in flying.

I wouldn't want to dilute the deck too too much, but if memory serves me part of the issue with bringing Soul Sisters to Legacy when it first emerged as a deck is that it was still just a White Weenie deck at end of day and couldn't force the right kind of interaction that Legacy insists on. I would probably be inclined to push it into Abzan territory, take some cues from Deadguy Ale for Thoughtseizes and maybe even some of the juicy WB bears that have life gain/life loss abilities and also have some Pridemate-style "counters on life gain" growth. Karlov of the Ghost Council gets twice as many counters as the rest of the Pridemate variants and has a removal ability in a pinch, on paper it seems like it does a lot of things that deck wants done.

Whether or not a Junk Soul Sisters deck actually exists out there I can't say, but my suspicion tells me that those are the colors where the most likely variant lives.

Yeah, it's a great replacement for Avatar in Feeder combo. (Not that anyone else seems to play it, but it's a fun wildcard deck.)
    "I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each. I do not think they will sing to me." -T.S. Eliot

RIP Ari

Legacy UGB River Rock primer Click here to comment

Might have some applications in reanimator somewhere.

Its way to slow. I mean its a slug for a reason.
    “Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by HdH_Cthulhu View Post
    Its way to slow. I mean its a slug for a reason.
    I'd be more worried about winning with slug. Do you really want to play against a salty opponent?

Mar 2007

Seems like an interesting card. Maybe it can slot into Rabblemaster-based Stompy builds?

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

ETB not Cast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    You sir are a ninja of fine quality.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post

ETB not Cast
    In combination with Abundance, it allows you to drop all your lands from deck into play (tapped) while also allowing you to stack the rest of your deck.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Triggers on Force of Will and/or Delve creatures. But no evasion or anything.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Mar 2007

This one has potential to become quite big in a Human deck.

This one has potential to become quite big in a Human deck.
    It's three mana AND you need three other dudes in play -none of which can be tokens - for it to be bigger than 'Goyf. That strikes me as an issue.

Mar 2007

Pretty odd card. Not sure if it could do anything special (aside from pitching to Force) that Necrotic Ooze wouldn't do. Unless you have that mana lying around to steal an opposing Griselbrand's draw 7 ability.

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Good questions, all of them. I'm afraid that most of my MtG play lately has been through Arena so I couldn't tell you what any Legacy list would even look like. There have been a few Ajani Pridemate++ printings lately though, Trelasarra herself is dumb if you're gaining several life a turn as you're scrying so much you're almost guaranteed sick topdecks. This new bear is like an Uber Serra Ascendant without the annoying in-between phase of needing to hit a life total threshold, and if the Legacy deck has as much trouble with chumps preventing victory as my Brawl deck sometimes does then this dude is hugely worth including for its built-in flying.

I wouldn't want to dilute the deck too too much, but if memory serves me part of the issue with bringing Soul Sisters to Legacy when it first emerged as a deck is that it was still just a White Weenie deck at end of day and couldn't force the right kind of interaction that Legacy insists on. I would probably be inclined to push it into Abzan territory, take some cues from Deadguy Ale for Thoughtseizes and maybe even some of the juicy WB bears that have life gain/life loss abilities and also have some Pridemate-style "counters on life gain" growth. Karlov of the Ghost Council gets twice as many counters as the rest of the Pridemate variants and has a removal ability in a pinch, on paper it seems like it does a lot of things that deck wants done.

Whether or not a Junk Soul Sisters deck actually exists out there I can't say, but my suspicion tells me that those are the colors where the most likely variant lives.
    I could see the deck running the new Abiding Grace from MH2 which seems to be tailor-maide for Soul Sisters. Throw in some Hope of Ghirapur (which can be fetched with Sagas) and you also have a way to soft-lock certain opponents.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

I could see the deck running the new Abiding Grace from MH2 which seems to be tailor-maide for Soul Sisters. Throw in some Hope of Ghirapur (which can be fetched with Sagas) and you also have a way to soft-lock certain opponents.
    Goddamn. Abiding Grace seems like a no-brainer for a deck like Soul Sisters, White notoriously has great 1-drops and even in the absence of targets it just happens to uptick your life total. Sheesh. There was a Martyr of Sands variant for a time that made Serra Ascendant much easier to grow, I could see this card slotting in there very naturally. There are a lot of 1-drops with sac effects that grant protection or indestructible that would feel pretty good to cash in on turn after turn as well, especially if returning them to the battlefield triggers lifegain, scrying, +1/+1 counters, etc. Real shit.

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    [Ascendany Packleader]

Triggers on Force of Will and/or Delve creatures. But no evasion or anything.
    Also other alternative casting like Evoke and Escape, and cost reduction like affinity. That said, I'm not sure that most of those cards work that well with the "go low" game plan where a card like packleader would make sense.

Thread Information