Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [LCI] Pirates, Vampires and Dinos, oh my! The Lost Caverns of Ixalan spoliers

[LCI] Pirates, Vampires and Dinos, oh my! The Lost Caverns of Ixalan spoliers

Adventure cards, Commander cards, and "special guests" aka cards like Lord of Atlantis and Mana Crypt with special art treatment.

Does reanimator or SNT want the new Ghalta, or is that win more:
    5GGG
    Trample
    When ~ ETB, put any number of creature cards from your hand onto the battlefield.
    12/12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

May 2015
    PDX

Re: [LCI] Pirates, Vampires and Dinos, oh my! The Lost Caverns of Ixalan spoliers

Requires Flash to be unbanned. In general, harder to cast than Sneak Attack and more susceptible to known interaction (Dress Down).

Re: [LCI] Pirates, Vampires and Dinos, oh my! The Lost Caverns of Ixalan spoliers

Quote Originally Posted by ronco View Post
    Adventure cards, Commander cards, and "special guests" aka cards like Lord of Atlantis and Mana Crypt with special art treatment.

Does reanimator or SNT want the new Ghalta, or is that win more:
    5GGG
    Trample
    When ~ ETB, put any number of creature cards from your hand onto the battlefield.
    12/12
    Seems like EDH fodder to me. What's a game plan where it makes sense to pick that over one of the many creatures that win more directly like Griseldad, Craterhoof or Worldspine Wurm?

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Seems like EDH fodder to me. What's a game plan where it makes sense to pick that over one of the many creatures that win more directly like Griseldad, Craterhoof or Worldspine Wurm?
    That's why I put the "is it win more" in there. The thought was a SnT or Entomb this plus reanimate puts (or can put) multiple key creatures out, protecting from edict effect. Just cheating out grisel probably is enough since it can refil your hand multiple times depending on the reanimation spell being used. Assuming you have multiple creatures in hand of course. Anyway, that was just my knee jerk reaction to seeing the card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

Can't wait to be disappointed by the merfolk cards.

Sep 2011

UG Show and Tell can already play Eureka to deploy multiple creatures, UR has Sneak Attack, Bx Reanimator can just get Griseldaddy -> draw into 2nd reanimate spell.

U has Omniscience (better SnT target than Ghalta because it pitches to Force of Will and plays noncreatures too).

Edit: Ghalta is perfect for Chunderbucket.dec though. Pitches to Endurance and Chrome Mox, plays clunky 7 drops from hand.
    Last edited by FTW; 09-29-2023 at 09:18 AM.

This looks really strong if people can't do anything with the maps.

Matzalantli, the Great Door
    Legendary Artifact
    t: draw and discard a card
    4t: if you have 4 or more permanant types in your graveyard, transform
    //
    The Core
    Legendary Land
    T; add x mana of any one color, x = number of permanent types in your graveyard

this feels pretty strongk. mostly pushes midrange value, but its 7 mana for a 4+ mana land, and you can split up the payment/get value from it, doesn't really have a drawback in multiples since you can run 2 on the field at the same time in different forms or just discard the extras.

good with madness too. Doesn't work for combo, but anything with delirium, any kind of slowish control deck that wants a big pile of extra mana lategame, lot of uses here, playable not a staple maybe?

The flip does NOT have a sorcery speed clause on it, so you can do it during your opponents EOT, makes it a lot stronger for any kidn of control deck.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Knowing how obnoxiously elusive Delerium can be at times, not including Instant or Sorcery in this list of hits means serious deckbuilding choices need to be made if your aim is to flip this. Artifact, Battle, Creature, Enchantment, Land and Planeswalker are the hits. So sure, Land is a free one. Artifact and Creature aren't too hard, but then what? What sacrificial Enchantment or Planeswalker are you running just to bin for this? Shortlist of quality Enchantments are all extremely valuable in play, wild to think the plan would be to bin a Beanstalk or Deafening Silence just to flip this. Not -Turn-Zero Leylines are about the only I can think of.
    Would you play Battles for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Artifact, Creature, Land are the gimmies, what would be the fourth?
    Soul Snare decks?
    Battles?

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    Knowing how obnoxiously elusive Delerium can be at times, not including Instant or Sorcery in this list of hits means serious deckbuilding choices need to be made if your aim is to flip this. Artifact, Battle, Creature, Enchantment, Land and Planeswalker are the hits. So sure, Land is a free one. Artifact and Creature aren't too hard, but then what? What sacrificial Enchantment or Planeswalker are you running just to bin for this? Shortlist of quality Enchantments are all extremely valuable in play, wild to think the plan would be to bin a Beanstalk or Deafening Silence just to flip this. Not -Turn-Zero Leylines are about the only I can think of.
    Would you play Battles for this?
    Shark Typhoon comes to mind. So do Enchantment Creatures.

I mean, you definitely have to build around it to a degree, but its not like its some impossible dream. Seal of X enchantments also work, literally any Saga does, since they always bin themselves, or you can just discard something to the first ability.

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    Shark Typhoon comes to mind. So do Enchantment Creatures.
    Okay, like a SharkStill list using this to power Currency Converter then flip to make huge sharks in the late game. I'll concede to your initial review, playable not a staple.

Non-meme pirate stompy?

Reaperclaw Raptor
    2R
    Creature - Dinosaur
    Whenever a player casts a spell, if it's not their turn, Reaperclaw Raptor deals 4 damage to that player.
    4/3
    This looks really strong and also has a stompy cost, even though it doesn't really play well with Chalice an lock effects.

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

lol get wreaked Reset High Tide I guess

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    Okay, like a SharkStill list using this to power Currency Converter then flip to make huge sharks in the late game. I'll concede to your initial review, playable not a staple.
    Seems questionable even in Standstill because of 3 mana cost. You'd much rather play extra Currency Converter (which curves under T2 Standstill) than this (which curves under T4 Standstill?? vs opponent's 3 creatures while you tap out to not interact with the board). That lets you manage your mana better and stay interactive with opponent.

At 3 mana this competes with Scroll of Fate (other way to get value out of dead cards), which actually interacts with the board and enables Dreadnought. It deserves testing. But the potential payoff of a 4-mana land doesn't seem worth tapping out for a 3-mana looter. Most of the 3-4 mana sorcery plays interact with the board.

In any non-Standstill midrange list, its outclassed by The One Ring. 3 mana looter? Or spend 4 to get an insane draw engine? At least when you tap out for Ring you don't lose tempo (protection from everything), while tapping out for a non-interactive looter is a liability.

May 2015
    PDX

@FTW I don't think it reaches the point of deserving testing. If you have enough mana to flip it, then you reached a point in the game where you don't need more mana.

This is a 3 mana looters that plays you into Bowmaster without compensation. Neither side of this card can take over a game. If Standstill is going to play a 3cmc value 1-of, it's going to be Palantir.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

That one looks really powerful in the right deck since it has no "once per turn" limitation.

However, it is only one card per discard effect. So you get 1 card from Faithless Looting, not 2. A comparable creature is Containment Construct, but it gives you the cards that you discard, and only this turn.

Inti has a good chance of being played, I think, despite the limitation.

We've come a long way since conspiracy theorist

Thread Information