Thread: Eternal Weekend Nov 19-21 2021

Eternal Weekend Nov 19-21 2021

Because of anti-vax ‘tards, eternal weekend will once again be on MTGO!

There aren’t many details, but assuming it is like last year there will be one event on each day. Purchasing any ticket will get you a “God account” with access to essentially every card ever printed for 2 weeks on MTGO. A unique magic art piece delivered to each event’s winner.

It is a good deal if you want to play high stakes Legacy or just try some sanctioned games with Lands without having to sell your kidney.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Re: Eternal Weekend Nov 19-21 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    Because of anti-vax ‘tards, eternal weekend will once again be on MTGO!

There aren’t many details, but assuming it is like last year there will be one event on each day. Purchasing any ticket will get you a “God account” with access to essentially every card ever printed for 2 weeks on MTGO. A unique magic art piece delivered to each event’s winner.

It is a good deal if you want to play high stakes Legacy or just try some sanctioned games with Lands without having to sell your kidney.
    How is this an anti vax persons fault? They can do a vaccine passport.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryan View Post
    How is this an anti vax persons fault? They can do a vaccine passport.
    I think he was venting frustrations about anti-vaxxers in general. But lets move past that, cause this thread will get real stupid real quick if we dwell.

More details!

And yes, we should probably leave discussions about how anti-vaxxers are selfish idiots to the rest of the internet.

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

Nice of Wizards to give everyone 2+ week notice to be able to make other plans for the weekend. I had been planning on playing all three events, but easy call now to just skip

https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/st...htmode%3Dfalse

Strawberry Shortcake

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...erry-Shortcake

What a brainstorm do? Draw card and activate on draw effects fix hand, removing woods
    #FreeNedleeds

The all access tokens are live. They are great option if you want to try new decks.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    And yes, we should probably leave discussions about how anti-vaxxers are selfish idiots to the rest of the internet.
    I have also had it up to here with these non Science trusters. Get your damn Fauchi ouchy

Quote Originally Posted by LOLWut View Post

The vaccine has been extremely effective at stopping most people from getting sick and dying of COVID. What’s the point of this meme?

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Alright, lets talk about Eternal Weekend in the context of the game of Magic, not in terms on anything else. I don't want to have to delete this topic, please, thanks.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

An excellent post on what are the decks to play in EW if you want to win. Ozymandias is on of the grinders with the most breadth of deck expertise.

If you don’t want to play one of the 4 flavours of URx monkey, blue artifacts is really good too. A lot of the non blue decks are actually decently positioned vs delver but you have to dodge doomsday. Curses made the list as the second best chalice shell which has been my goal for the deck ever since creating it.

These points are in agreement with what most other people who are invested in the format are saying. This article from mtggoldfish says similar things

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

Well I ended up being a sell out and played the Wasteland event last night

Lost my win and in to finish 11th, report to come
    Strawberry Shortcake

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...erry-Shortcake

What a brainstorm do? Draw card and activate on draw effects fix hand, removing woods
    #FreeNedleeds

Mar 2010
    Hearth of the Earth

Hello all,
    I would like to see results from EW legacy tournaments, but I can't find them online, anyone knows?

Mar 2010
    Hearth of the Earth

Quote Originally Posted by datanaga View Post
    Hello all,
    I would like to see results from EW legacy tournaments, but I can't find them online, anyone knows?
    https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...7-XCE6b6Im3gxE

Thread Information