Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Unfinity - black-bordered Un-Set, partially Eternal-legal

Re: Unfinity - black-bordered Un-Set, partially Eternal-legal

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Is there a single document that goes over the rules for stickers, attractions and other rules stuff they introduced with this set somewhere, or are we supposed to piece it together from a bunch of articles?
    Wait for the 7th for the release date and there will probably be a rules update for this and for 40k.

So, looking through the set... I don't understand stickers or attractions well enough to comment on those.

These look like potentially interesting cards:

Saw in Half - seems like it has potential as a combo card with Dualcaster Mage or Naru Meha, Master Wizard. It also has synergy with evoke-like effects.
    ____ Goblin - there are plenty of decks that would take Seething Song at sorcery speed.
    Ebiggen - Might do something in infect.
    Pair o' Dice Lost - Returning all the 0 cost cards in a graveyard to hand can be a big deal
    Comet, Stellar Pup - The abilities are strong, but I'm not sure that there's a deck that can deal with how unreliable it is.
    Magar of the Magic Strings - Combo with extra turn and extra combat effects.

Attractions aren’t strong enough, but dexterity games shouldn’t be legal in vintage or legacy just on principle.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    Attractions aren’t strong enough, but dexterity games shouldn’t be legal in vintage or legacy just on principle.
    Good news! They aren't.

Where do you see that? Several of the cards that create attractions are legal, and several of the attractions are dexterity games.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    Where do you see that? Several of the cards that create attractions are legal, and several of the attractions are dexterity games.
    On the cards. The manual dexterity attractions have acorns.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

In constructed formats, you show up with a separate Attraction deck, minimum 10 cards and all need to be unique.
    Once a card instructs you to Open an Attraction, you put the top card of the Attraction deck into play.
    When there is an Attraction in play, at the beginning of your first Main Phase, you roll a d6 and visit all attractions of that number.
    There are 22 Legacy legal cards to choose from.
    They're all Artifacts and can be interacted with them as such, expect they go to a special graveyard when destroyed.

Bottom line I think is they'll see play in meme-able decks. I know there is a monowhite Prison deck that becomes the monarch and takes the initiative, and they were joking about also including cards to open attractions so there are as many outside the game components as possible. Once the novelty wears off I suspect they'll fade into forgettable nonsense like Horsemanship. "but they're effectivly unblockable!" okay.

EDIT there are 20 Legacy legal cards that Open an Attraction fyi
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

What I'm saying is none of these cards are legacy legal.
    https://scryfall.com/search?q=type%3...rid&order=name

Thread Information