Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kamigawa Neon Destiny - A victory lap around Netrunner

Kamigawa Neon Destiny - Netwalker / Shadow Walker appreciation station

It's that time again! Here comes the spoilers!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPusvBRRPjU
    http://mythicspoiler.com/neo/cards/k...fkamigawa.html
    Kyodai, Soul of Kamigawa
    3W
    Legendary Creature - Dragon Spirit
    Flash

Flying

When Kyodai, Soul of Kamigawa enters the battlefield, another target permanent gains indestructible for as long as you control Kyodai.

WUBRG: Kyodai gets +5/+5 until end of turn.
    http://mythicspoiler.com/neo/cards/t...donedmire.html
    Takenuma, Abandoned Mire
    Legendary Land
    T: Add B.

Channel - 3B, Discard Takenuma, Abandoned Mire: Mill three cards then return a creature or planeswalker card from your graveyard to your hand. This ability costs 1 less to activate for each legendary creature you control.
    The new Planeswalker is Kaito it's UB

Re: Kamigawa Neon Destiny - A victory lap around Netrunner

As the only surviving dragon he gets to be the only preview.
    Don't worry, the dragon made new dragons and this is a cycle with the same "dies, choose one of two" templating

The third rite is he ate the demon.

Previews start on the 27th.

Of January.
    See you then.

Can't wait.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Not digging the Cyberpunk aesthetics in MtG - it feels so out of place.

I also wonder how playable Kaito is going to. In the best case scenario, it's going to be able to draw an extra card every turn, which is pretty decent at its price.

I had no desire to return to Kamigawa again.
    "I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each. I do not think they will sing to me." -T.S. Eliot

RIP Ari

Legacy UGB River Rock primer Click here to comment

Quote Originally Posted by Goaswerfraiejen View Post
    I had no desire to return to Kamigawa again.
    Kamigawa kicked ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Not digging the Cyberpunk aesthetics in MtG - it feels so out of place.

I also wonder how playable Kaito is going to. In the best case scenario, it's going to be able to draw an extra card every turn, which is pretty decent at its price.
    Considering how samey the art has been for a while: good.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Not sure how good it is compared to other "cheating fatties into play" options since it skips attack triggers, but it's an interesting design, at least.

Not sure how good it is compared to other "cheating fatties into play" options since it skips attack triggers, but it's an interesting design, at least.
    Now with solitude it's not game over!

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

There's probably some Sneak Attack style deck that wants to stop playing Red in favor of this thing, maybe? Not sure what the cool targets are, all I can think of is Blightsteel Colossus, but there are probably cards worth playing that have better synergy with a UB deck (see: pitches to Force hurr)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    There's probably some Sneak Attack style deck that wants to stop playing Red in favor of this thing, maybe? Not sure what the cool targets are, all I can think of is Blightsteel Colossus, but there are probably cards worth playing that have better synergy with a UB deck (see: pitches to Force hurr)
    You can still use Show&Tell and the demon of balance and card draw.
    However this guy is slow, weak to removal and requires to be unblocked/something unblockable.
    Not being able to use the spaghetti monster is also not helpful.

It's probably going to be a modern deck and absolutely obnoxious in every format on arena but for legacy, the color argument only has little weight compared to how many hoops you have to jump through to make it work.

I'm interested to see how they are going to argue an Umezawa on Kamigawa besides "distant relative" since the "main" Umezawas live now on Dominaria.

Kind of a big miss that the minus ability on the ninja planeswalker is a nobo with ninjutsu.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Blood View Post
    Kind of a big miss that the minus ability on the ninja planeswalker is a nobo with ninjutsu.
    How so? It should still work as intended (giving an unblockable dude ensuring you can ninja something in). What am I missing?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

Quote Originally Posted by ronco View Post
    How so? It should still work as intended (giving an unblockable dude ensuring you can ninja something in). What am I missing?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    Returning a token to your hand deletes the token from existence. I don't know how else you'd do a ninja Planeswalker though

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Returning a token to your hand deletes the token from existence. I don't know how else you'd do a ninja Planeswalker though
    There are several walkers that become creatures, they could have had it become the 1/1 unblockable creature itself. It would be stupidly easy to reset its own loyalty which I expect is why they had it create tokens, but really there's nothing preventing existing walkers from doing this trick so you'd think if it were potent we'd already be doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    There are several walkers that become creatures, they could have had it become the 1/1 unblockable creature itself. It would be stupidly easy to reset its own loyalty which I expect is why they had it create tokens, but really there's nothing preventing existing walkers from doing this trick so you'd think if it were potent we'd already be doing it.
    Remind me how many animated walkers were legal with ninjutsu in standard?
    Also animating a UB Walker is a clear color break

Using the -2 to immediately ninjutsu the token and draw a card seems like more resources and more steps than simply using the +1. I guess I should be fair and at least admit the -2 synergizes with the +1.

Even so, they could have just made a different -2 ability like target creature phases out if they want to be on theme. Another option would be giving some bonus when the token leaves play so that you would actually want to ninjutsu it.

But whatever I'm starting to feel like the living embodiment of old man yells at a cloud meme at this point.

Thread Information