Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 198

Thread: Kamigawa Neon Destiny - A victory lap around Netrunner

  1. #21
    plays Mountains
    Ace/Homebrew's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2011
    Location

    Philadelphia Area
    Posts

    2,235

    Re: Kamigawa Neon Destiny - A victory lap around Netrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Also animating a UB Walker is a clear color break
    Is it though? It seems like they just do whatever they want when it suits them

    Last edited by Ace/Homebrew; 12-30-2021 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Missing they

  2. #22
    Hamburglar Hlelpler
    TsumiBand's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2005
    Location

    Nebraska
    Posts

    2,740

    Re: Kamigawa Neon Destiny - A victory lap around Netrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Remind me how many animated walkers were legal with ninjutsu in standard?
    Also animating a UB Walker is a clear color break
    I don't think it's about Standard, I'm saying some deck in some format would have broken some generalized "bounce your own walkers for value" combo if it meant anything.

    I'm not convinced an animated UB walker is a color break but if it were, it's Blue, so it doesn't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

  3. #23

    Re: Kamigawa Neon Destiny - A victory lap around Netrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Is it though? It seems like they just do whatever they want when it suits them

    Whole lot of not UB Planeswalkers here that don't animate themselves...
    Only Arlin can even attack here and that one is neither blue or black.

  4. #24

    Re: Kamigawa Neon Destiny - A victory lap around Netrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    I don't think it's about Standard,
    It's a combo that's never been possible in standard before so who knows how powerful it is.
    In eternal formats it's never five because there's no PW worth animating.

  5. #25
    plays Mountains
    Ace/Homebrew's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2011
    Location

    Philadelphia Area
    Posts

    2,235

    Re: Kamigawa Neon Destiny - A victory lap around Netrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Whole lot of not UB Planeswalkers here that don't animate themselves...
    Only Arlin can even attack here and that one is neither blue or black.
    I guess it's perspective then, cause I see all five colors represented (white being a given cause Gideon) on Planeswalkers with an ability that adds creature to the typeline

  6. #26

    Re: Kamigawa Neon Destiny - A victory lap around Netrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    I guess it's perspective then, cause I see all five colors represented (white being a given cause Gideon) on Planeswalkers with an ability that adds creature to the typeline
    That's like saying white has direct damage because it can deal damage to attacking creatures.
    It's pretty obvious that animating artifacts isn't the same thing. Or how grist not being a creature on the battlefield is the whole point here...
    E: you're basically saying here that Gideon 0's are the same as turn to frog or ensoul artifact.

  7. #27
    Hamburglar Hlelpler
    TsumiBand's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2005
    Location

    Nebraska
    Posts

    2,740

    Re: Kamigawa Neon Destiny - A victory lap around Netrunner

    Breaking the color pie is clearly Blue, this discussion is moot
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

  8. #28
    plays Mountains
    Ace/Homebrew's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2011
    Location

    Philadelphia Area
    Posts

    2,235

    Re: Kamigawa Neon Destiny - A victory lap around Netrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    animating a UB Walker is a clear color break
    Can you support this assertion with any evidence other than it hasn't happened yet?

    My position is that animating walkers doesn't have an established place in the color pie. WotC puts it where ever they feel like, mostly for flavor reasons. My evidence is the cards they printed across the 5 colors (or 4 since Grist isn't a creature on the battlefield) and that "animating planeswalkers" is absent from the information linked below from WotC.

    https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...pie-2021-10-18
    Last edited by Ace/Homebrew; 12-31-2021 at 03:25 PM. Reason: removing snark

  9. #29

    Re: Kamigawa Neon Destiny - A victory lap around Netrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Can you support this assertion with any evidence other than it hasn't happened yet?

    My position is that animating walkers doesn't have an established place in the color pie. WotC puts it where ever they feel like, mostly for flavor reasons. My evidence is the cards they printed across the 5 colors (or 4 since Grist isn't a creature on the battlefield) and that "animating planeswalkers" is absent from the information linked below from WotC.

    https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...pie-2021-10-18

  10. #30

    Re: Kamigawa Neon Destiny - A victory lap around Netrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Breaking the color pie is clearly Blue, this discussion is moot
    Actually, every color can do it, it's just that blue makes the other colors forget about their sections so it just steals everything for itself.

  11. #31

    Re: Kamigawa Neon Destiny - A victory lap around Netrunner

    < +2 >: Jace Darkvengeant becomes a 2/3. You may look an opponent in the eye and assert that you have an instant card in your hand. (You must keep a straight face.) If you do, double strike and haste become blue abilities. (This effect lasts indefinitely and for all of Magic.) Jace gains flying and a blue ability of your choice until end of turn. Untap whatever you want. (Untapping is blue.)

  12. #32

    Re: Kamigawa Neon Destiny - A victory lap around Netrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Can you support this assertion with any evidence other than it hasn't happened yet?
    [/URL]
    I want you to think really really hard about what you're asking here and how you've already answered the question

  13. #33

    Re: Kamigawa Neon Destiny - A victory lap around Netrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdsOfParadise View Post
    < +2 >: Jace Darkvengeant becomes a 2/3. You may look an opponent in the eye and assert that you have an instant card in your hand. (You must keep a straight face.) If you do, double strike and haste become blue abilities. (This effect lasts indefinitely and for all of Magic.) Jace gains flying and a blue ability of your choice until end of turn. Untap whatever you want. (Untapping is blue.)
    You were doing so good, but you forgot blue is also the color of tapping.

  14. #34

    Re: Kamigawa Neon Destiny - A victory lap around Netrunner

    Apparently these are on mythicspoiler for a few days now:



    So sagas and transformers are back.
    Seems like both are evergreens now.

    Also:

    Discharge of Flame
    XR
    Instant
    Discharge of Flame deals X damage to target creature or planeswalker. If you control a modified creature as you cast this spell, deal X plus 2 damage instead. (creatures that are equipped, enchanted, or have counters are modified)
    More awkward lingo shortcuts.

  15. #35

    Re: Kamigawa Neon Destiny - A victory lap around Netrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    You were doing so good, but you forgot blue is also the color of tapping.
    < -6 >: You gain an emblem with "You may adjust the physical positions of cards on the battlefield you do not own or control as though you owned and controlled them" and "Whenever an opponent betrays impatience at their stuff being moved around the table, you may end the turn." (Calling a judge for slow play betrays impatience.)

  16. #36
    Member

    Join Date

    Sep 2011
    Posts

    3,775

    Re: Kamigawa Neon Destiny - A victory lap around Netrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    Apparently these are on mythicspoiler for a few days now:



    So sagas and transformers are back.
    Seems like both are evergreens now.
    Clever way to make Mythic fatties that can't be cheated into play. Make them the flip side of a noncreature card that has some delayed transform trigger (Saga Chapter 3).

    Broken "attacks" trigger, can't be Sneak Attacked.

  17. #37

    Re: Kamigawa Neon Destiny - A victory lap around Netrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdsOfParadise View Post
    < -6 >: You gain an emblem with "You may adjust the physical positions of cards on the battlefield you do not own or control as though you owned and controlled them" and "Whenever an opponent betrays impatience at their stuff being moved around the table, you may end the turn." (Calling a judge for slow play betrays impatience.)
    You redeemed yourself.

  18. #38
    Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Cire's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2007
    Posts

    2,239

    Re: Kamigawa Neon Destiny - A victory lap around Netrunner



    Untapped white producing land and removal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    You sir are a ninja of fine quality.

  19. #39
    Tundra Player
    alphastryk's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2011
    Location

    Atlanta
    Posts

    1,015

    Re: Kamigawa Neon Destiny - A victory lap around Netrunner

    Land is interesting, you'd have to be mono white or close to it to risk wasteland exposure though - maybe death & taxes?

    Cool that Weathered Wayfarer for example can now tutor an (uncounterable) removal spell
    Last edited by alphastryk; 01-05-2022 at 04:47 PM.

  20. #40

    Re: Kamigawa Neon Destiny - A victory lap around Netrunner

    I think it compares pretty favourably to the 4th white producing utility land in D&T (karakas in 80 cards or canopy in 60 cards) as a 1 of.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)