Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Kamigawa Neon Destiny - A victory lap around Netrunner

Re: Kamigawa Neon Destiny - A victory lap around Netrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post

Compare to Mirror Gallery and see how much Kamigawa has "grown up"
    In summary: strictly better and power creep.

... my poor beautiful Mirror Gallery FOIL will remain obsolete

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by malekith View Post
    In summary: strictly better and power creep.

... my poor beautiful Mirror Gallery FOIL will remain obsolete
    Add flash to Rainbow Efreet or riot. A lot of old cards could get a treatment like this, add a keyword here, shave some mana off there.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post

As for Tamiyo, how she still a Planeswalker after becoming a Phyrexian? Becoming one causes you to lose your spark. Or did WotC throw their established rules out of the window?
    Jin Gitaxis was on Kamigawa studying kami explicitly to get around this. Maro said in his blog
    Last edited by Jander78; 01-28-2022 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Fixed tags

May 2015
    PDX

March of Otherwordly Light replaces Ending in all 1 and 2c decks with white.

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    March of Otherwordly Light replaces Ending in all 1 and 2c decks with white.
    What is it? I did not see it?

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    What is it? I did not see it?
    X
    Instant
    As an additional cost to cast this spell, you may exile any number of white cards from your hand. This spell costs less to cast for each card exiled this way.
    Exile target artifact, creature, or enchantment with mana value X or less.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Here's the picture:

Interesting card. Costs effectively one mana more and can't hit planeswalkers, but can hit higher CMC targets and is an instant. Definitely worth testing, now that we know how good Prismatic Ending is.

Edit: It can also hit Saga, which is quite relevant. Or artifact lands, for the matter.

March of Reckless Joy XR
    Instant (Rare)
    As an additional cost to cast this spell, you may exile any number of red cards from your hand. This spell costs {2} less for each card exiled this way.
    Exile X cards from the top of your library. You may play up to two of them until your next turn.
    I can see this being played in ruby storm.

Mar 2007

Looks like the Marches are going to be a cycle. Black probably reanimates and blue either bounces or counters X or less. No idea about green, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Looks like the Marches are going to be a cycle. Black probably reanimates and blue either bounces or counters X or less. No idea about green, though.
    I don’t think they would have the marches have the same effect as the channel lands. Non-random mind twist one time WOTC. I do think the blue one will be a Syncopate or Condescend variant

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    I can see this being played in ruby storm.
    UW Dreadstill, DnT, BW Dead Guy.

There is also a very real consideration of this card with Chancellor gamers.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Kinda want to see a deck run 4 boseiju with ghost quarter, Leonin Arbiter and aven mindcensor. Throw in loam, stp, prismatic or this new white removal. Might be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    You sir are a ninja of fine quality.

Seething song into this, Cast Seething song again + idk bonus round. Now you getting started...

Midcombo with a bonus round already active 4 cards from your gy played 2x jeez thats already 8 spells, wont even need Past in Flames now.
    “Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by HdH_Cthulhu View Post

Seething song into this, Cast Seething song again + idk bonus round. Now you getting started...

Midcombo with a bonus round already active 4 cards from your gy played 2x jeez thats already 8 spells, wont even need Past in Flames now.
    I mean let's be real, this is a card for dual land only decks to side in vs Blood Moon.

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Quote Originally Posted by HdH_Cthulhu View Post

You could also do a bunch of other stuff. Grapeshot plus Tendrils comes to mind.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Mar 2007

Tutorable with both SFM and Recruiter. Can't gain life, but should grow way faster than Ooze. That card looks pretty juicy. Is probably going to become a staple in D&T as tutor target, although I wouldn't be surprised if it's good enough to sneak in multiple copies in the 75.

Edit: Somebody on Discord also pointed out that you can equip it, swing, then unequip it to have a juicy blocker up. Pretty cool line.

Official magic people have come out and said that creatures with reconfigure will automatically stop being creatures when you go to attach them to stuff. So reconfigure will play nice with Puresteel Paladin

May 2015
    PDX

Official magic people have come out and said that creatures with reconfigure will automatically stop being creatures when you go to attach them to stuff. So reconfigure will play nice with Puresteel Paladin
    All I heard there was Karn wish Lion Sash -> Karn wish Liquimetal -> Karn animate himself and put on the Sash. This is neoPacifism.

---

Tempered in Solitude (1R enchant when dude attacks alone trigger Outpost Seige CA text) is problematic looking at a glance, but at least it's an improvement over design of Ragavan and DHA. I imagine it won't take standard long to understand red's Boseju-type land + this are a combo (land that turns into 2 attackers -> late land basically a guaranteed draw, possibly 2). It will be interesting to watch the prices on these.

Historic price interest in this concept is around $8 with Abbot of Keral Keep at time of spoil. (The card was a flop ofc b/c it needed like 4 mana to do anything with, which is not true of Tempered).

Isn't this exactly what's written in the last line of the reminder text for Reconfigure?

Anyway:

Not amazing but pretty neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    Isn't this exactly what's written in the last line of the reminder text for Reconfigure?
    If you were able to extrapolate that the reminder text on one activated ability applied to times it wasn't activated and with different activated abilities and in such a way that broke the existing rules: congrats!

Thread Information