Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Kamigawa Neon Destiny - A victory lap around Netrunner

May 2015
    PDX

Re: Kamigawa Neon Destiny - A victory lap around Netrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    Btw, the blue march is pretty tame:

Might have some uses with Dreadnoughts but otherwise, meh which is actually nice for a change.
    Counterpoint: Vision Charm insta-kills DDFT and hard counters High Tide.

No need to re-evaluate this card until phasing out tokens exiles them and permanently banishes Kaldra to the shadow realm.

This seems to be the first set in aged where there 3-4 cycles and the none of the blue ones are unreasonably overpowered for some reason.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Well it's Kamigawa, they don't get good blue cards. It's just the rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Nice to see that it's in Blue's color pie to suck once in a while, too bad that means it's encroaching on White again
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    This is probably more relevant to Vintage, but I've been waiting for them to print a card like this for years:
    This card is a sleeper in Storm, you get 4 more G producing lands for your Veils and Naturalize out of the SB.

Site Contributor

Feb 2011

Just wanting to point out that the Containment Construct is 'just' a better version of Conspiracy Theorist. The effect is not new and nobody ever considered playing that card as far as I'm aware. Certainly not with small incremental advantages that discard one card at a time. Please prove me wrong though, it'd be nice if the Construct (perhaps with additional redundancy in the form of the Theorist) can create a new kind of discard deck. Smallpox is also fun with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Non games are not only a common sight in Legacy, they are every decks plan. [...] Playing a deck like DnT and then complaining about "Non games" is hypocritical, because non games are your plan, you just disapprove of the way someone else is trying to achieve that same goal.

One is very different from all in a format with Breakthrough and Lion’s Eye Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by UseLess View Post
    Just wanting to point out that the Containment Construct is 'just' a better version of Conspiracy Theorist. The effect is not new and nobody ever considered playing that card as far as I'm aware. Certainly not with small incremental advantages that discard one card at a time. Please prove me wrong though, it'd be nice if the Construct (perhaps with additional redundancy in the form of the Theorist) can create a new kind of discard deck. Smallpox is also fun with it.
    I wonder whether there's a way to make them work with a repeating loot effect like Riddlesmith, Hazoret's Monument or Jeskai Ascendancy, but I doubt that something like that will ever be a tier deck in legacy.

Looking through the set made me wonder: when if Ogre-head helm is attached to a creature and that creature deals damage to an opponent. Do you sacrifice the creature or the helm , the creature for the ability?
    Ogre-head helm
    Equipped creature gets +2/+2.

Whenever Ogre-Head Helm or equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, you may sacrifice it. If you do, discard your hand, then draw three cards.

Reconfigure {3} ({3}: Attach to target creature you control; or unattach from a creature. Reconfigure only as a sorcery. While attached, this isn’t a creature.)
    Last edited by rufus; 02-07-2022 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Cleaned up messy syntax.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Looking through the set made me wonder: when if Ogre-head helm is attached to a creature and that creature deals damage to an opponent. Do you sacrifice the creature or the helm, the creature for the ability?
    Ogre-head helm
    The creature dealing the damage
    Which can be the helm.

+

Goes infinite on turn 2, since Swift Reconfiguration turns Devoted Druid into an artifact (so it can tap the turn it goes into play).

Thoughts?

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by BenBleiweiss View Post
    Goes infinite on turn 2, since Swift Reconfiguration turns Devoted Druid into an artifact (so it can tap the turn it goes into play).

Thoughts?
    That's assuming you have something like a T1 mana dork since the total combo costs . And after that, you need a kill condition, with Ballista probably being the prime suspect (although GSZ would probably add some flexibility into the mix; Finale of Devastation one something protected would probably also work).

Is it just me or can this card draw a stupid amount of cards in the right deck for the mere price of ?

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Regarding Neon Commander: Maybe it's the picture quality, maybe I'm reading into things too much, and maybe I'm just picking nits, but that set symbol looks uncomfortably similar to the symbol of the Imperial Rule Assistance Association.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Deuce View Post
    Regarding Neon Commander: Maybe it's the picture quality, maybe I'm reading into things too much, and maybe I'm just picking nits, but that set symbol looks uncomfortably similar to the symbol of the Imperial Rule Assistance Association.
    It's your eyes. The two are nothing alike

Aug 2015
    The woods again

It's your eyes. The two are nothing alike
    Yeah, okay! ZING!
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

https://twitter.com/Jax_mtg/status/1490967709466517509

This Swift combo list looks interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Deuce View Post
    Yeah, okay! ZING!
    Well one is an origami shield and the other is the rising sun over a bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post

Is it just me or can this card draw a stupid amount of cards in the right deck for the mere price of ?
    Maybe there's a combo interaction, but I think that's mostly going to be win-more. Paradoxical Outcome is also likely to be better in many scenarios.

Thread Information