Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kamigawa Neon Destiny - A victory lap around Netrunner

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Re: Kamigawa Neon Destiny - A victory lap around Netrunner

Seems good, especially in D&T. Pretty sure it's going to see play in some quantity. Being uncounterable is an added bonus.

Makes you wonder if we get Channel variants of the former legendary lands in the other colors as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Seems good, especially in D&T. Pretty sure it's going to see play in some quantity. Being uncounterable is an added bonus.

Makes you wonder if we get Channel variants of the former legendary lands in the other colors as well.
    We've already seen two, this and Take una (mill 3, then raise Dead)

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Wish they'd print goodies like that for black and red these days.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Presumably, but will they be any good? If they all do the opposite of what the originals do, then Okina could be good, and Mikokoro and Boseiju might be interesting. Minamo, Shizo, and Shinka...

On the other hand, one doesn't want the format broken again.
    "I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each. I do not think they will sing to me." -T.S. Eliot

RIP Ari

Legacy UGB River Rock primer Click here to comment

Quote Originally Posted by Goaswerfraiejen View Post
    Presumably, but will they be any good? If they all do the opposite of what the originals do, then Okina could be good, and Mikokoro and Boseiju might be interesting. Minamo, Shizo, and Shinka...

On the other hand, one doesn't want the format broken again.
    If you never fix the format then technically it's only broken once even if it only gets worse

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    We've already seen two, this and Take una (mill 3, then raise Dead)
    I've completely forgotten about that one due to how bad it was, both as a card and as a scan.

I don't see how fear and mill 3 + raise dead/PW are opposites of each other.

I don't see how fear and mill 3 + raise dead/PW are opposites of each other.

Eiganjo preventing vs. dealing damage is an inversion.
    "I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each. I do not think they will sing to me." -T.S. Eliot

RIP Ari

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Eiganjo preventing vs. dealing damage is an inversion.
    Yes but the black one is Takenuma - which shows that they don't have to stick to the initial lands - and the abilities (mill and instant raise dead v. fear) don't have to be inversions of original lands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    You sir are a ninja of fine quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    Yes but the black one is Takenuma - which shows that they don't have to stick to the initial lands - and the abilities (mill and instant raise dead v. fear) don't have to be inversions of original lands.

OK. I was working with just the information in the thread.

But... in the interest of disentangling things, per my hypothesis, the channel-land that gives whatever the opposite of fear is would have been a new Shizo, not whatever land they pick that gives black mana.

RIP Ari

Sep 2011

Yorion D&T should have room for 1. The downside is low and the upside of extra removal/flooding protection in an 80-card deck seems good.

With Thalia, Guardian of Thraben in play it costs as much as Swords to Plowshares for an uncounterable Gideon's Reproach.

Edit: looked at wrong page. Ninjad by 1000 cuts.

http://mythicspoiler.com/neo/cards/satoruumezawa.jpg

Not sure how good it is compared to other "cheating fatties into play" options since it skips attack triggers, but it's an interesting design, at least.
    It looks like ninjutsu can be done over and over, so there are silly infinites with, say, Worldgorger Dragon and Mistblade Shinobi replacing each other on the battlefield.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    It looks like ninjutsu can be done over and over, so there are silly infinites with, say, Worldgorger Dragon and Mistblade Shinobi replacing each other on the battlefield.
    If I understand correctly your creatures are neither considered blocked nor unblocked until the opponent has a chance to declare blockers, so you can't just attack and ninja something in before passing priority. It's cute but it's super dependent on opponent allowing you to get away with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

If I understand correctly your creatures are neither considered blocked nor unblocked until the opponent has a chance to declare blockers, so you can't just attack and ninja something in before passing priority. It's cute but it's super dependent on opponent allowing you to get away with it.
    I'm not 100% on what the "combo" implication is, but as I understand it, with Satoru Umezawa in play, if you attack with a creature an it is declared unblocked, which happens in the declare blockers step (509.1h) then you can pay and ninja anything into play. If you can float an extra as rufus suggests, put into play Worldgorger Dragon, it's ability will trigger in declare blockers after the opportunity to declare new blockers, so it it tapped an attacking and unblocked. You can use the floating mana to ninja out Mistblade Shinobi, triggering Worldgorger's second ability, getting all your land back and allowing to reset the cycle. If you have you can use Worldgorger & any other creature. All in the Declare Blockers step.

It's not exactly Animate Dead, but it does work.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    I'm not 100% on what the "combo" implication is, but as I understand it, with Satoru Umezawa in play, if you attack with a creature an it is declared unblocked, which happens in the declare blockers step (509.1h) then you can pay and ninja anything into play. If you can float an extra as rufus suggests, put into play Worldgorger Dragon, it's ability will trigger in declare blockers after the opportunity to declare new blockers, so it it tapped an attacking and unblocked. You can use the floating mana to ninja out Mistblade Shinobi, triggering Worldgorger's second ability, getting all your land back and allowing to reset the cycle. If you have you can use Worldgorger & any other creature. All in the Declare Blockers step.

It's not exactly Animate Dead, but it does work.
    I mean yeah the combo works, you just have to rely on your setup creature going unblocked. The best vessel is probably something like True-Name Nemesis for being cheap and protected from most kinds of disruption, or maybe even Invisible Stalker, but like... idk lol I don't feel great about this outside of kitchen table shenanigans
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

I mean yeah the combo works, you just have to rely on your setup creature going unblocked. The best vessel is probably something like True-Name Nemesis for being cheap and protected from most kinds of disruption, or maybe even Invisible Stalker, but like... idk lol I don't feel great about this outside of kitchen table shenanigans
    Oh in measures of viability I agree 100%. Any combo that starts off with "I just need 8 mana and these two specific creatures in play" seems something to come out of EDH games, not Legacy. Like I said, it's not something that isn't (wasn't?) already done better by Animate Dead, but maybe there's some other Worldgorger-esque creature that when cheated into play suddenly opens up angles not otherwise available before now.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    Oh in measures of viability I agree 100%. Any combo that starts off with "I just need 8 mana and these two specific creatures in play" seems something to come out of EDH games, not Legacy. Like I said, it's not something that isn't (wasn't?) already done better by Animate Dead, but maybe there's some other Worldgorger-esque creature that when cheated into play suddenly opens up angles not otherwise available before now.
    If you want to go for the kill, then the already mentioned Blightsteel Colossus is probably your best bet. Since it's guaranteed to kill them if it isn't killed on the spot, it should be pretty effective; outside of StP/Solitude, post-board Force of Vigor and Petty Theft, there aren't many ways to get rid of an indestructible 12/12 in that situation. Treasure Mage is on-color and could tutor for it, but the whole ordeal still seems pretty mana-inefficient.

Unless you plan to play a UB Ninja deck with Yuriko, Saturo and a bunch of fatties (maybe even with S&T) to extract maximum value out of them, both with Yuriko nuking and Saturo cheating them into play.

If you want to go for the kill, then the already mentioned Blightsteel Colossus is probably your best bet. Since it's guaranteed to kill them if it isn't killed on the spot, it should be pretty effective; outside of StP/Solitude, post-board Force of Vigor and Petty Theft, there aren't many ways to get rid of an indestructible 12/12 in that situation. Treasure Mage is on-color and could tutor for it, but the whole ordeal still seems pretty mana-inefficient.

Unless you plan to play a UB Ninja deck with Yuriko, Saturo and a bunch of fatties (maybe even with S&T) to extract maximum value out of them, both with Yuriko nuking and Saturo cheating them into play.
    Value demon of drawing many cards is also still an option.

Oh yeah, it was meant to be silly. The fact that ninjutsu only works with unblocked bodies and that it takes 3UUBB to cast and use Saturo Umezawa means that there are easier and more reliable ways to cheat fatties into play. Sneak Attack or Through the Breach pretty much plain better. (Just the mana cost by itself is prohibitive for legacy.)

Not that I think there's really any more potential for it to be competitive, but there was a deck posted here a long time ago that combined Corrupt Court Official and Ravenous Rats with Skullsnatcher and Mistblade Shinobi. Saturo could work with a concept like that as chrome mox / force of will fodder on the low end and as a way to turn ninjutsu into more value on the high end.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Two spoilers:

Light paws, Emperors voice 1W
    Legendary creature - Fox advisor
    Whenever an aura enters the battlefield under your control, if you cast it, you may search your library for an aura card with mana value less than or equal to that aura and with different name than each aura you control, then put that card onto the battlefield attached to Light paws, Emperor's voice, then shuffle.
    2/2

Mukotai Soulripper1B
    Artifact - Vehicle
    Whenever Mukotai Soulripper attacks, you may sacrifice another artifact or creature. if you do put a +1/+1 counter on Mukotai Soulripper and it gains menance till end of turn.
    Crew 2
    4/3

The Vehicle is meh - but Light Paws is interesting. I'm wondering how it interacts with Daybreak Coronet? Do you need Light-paws to have another aura attached to it for the Daybreak Coronet to attach or does Light-Paw's ability automatically attach it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    You sir are a ninja of fine quality.

May 2015
    PDX

Cast local enchant targeting anything -> resolve it -> do the fox's search clause -> put the tutored local enchant on fox.

Thread Information