Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Kamigawa Neon Destiny - A victory lap around Netrunner

Re: Kamigawa Neon Destiny - A victory lap around Netrunner

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    If you were able to extrapolate that the reminder text on one activated ability applied to times it wasn't activated and with different activated abilities and in such a way that broke the existing rules: congrats!
    Or you could just explain what you mean...

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    Or you could just explain what you mean...
    There was no reason to believe that reconfigure's type changing effect applied at any time other than when you activated the reconfigure ability.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

My understanding is in the classic examples, equipment that have been turned into creatures by like Karn or whatever, stop being equipped and fall off.
    So Reconfigure resolves this issue by stating that while reconfigured, the permanent stops being a creature, so problem solved.

But what if Reconfigure permanents gain Equip or Attach through other means, say Puresteel Paladin. So now an Equipment Creature has Equip, does it stop being a creature? Reconfigure clearly states it doesn't, but without a rules update, Equip doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    My understanding is in the classic examples, equipment that have been turned into creatures by like Karn or whatever, stop being equipped and fall off.
    So Reconfigure resolves this issue by stating that while reconfigured, the permanent stops being a creature, so problem solved.

But what if Reconfigure permanents gain Equip or Attach through other means, say Puresteel Paladin. So now an Equipment Creature has Equip, does it stop being a creature? Reconfigure clearly states it doesn't, but without a rules update, Equip doesn't.
    That's what they posted.
    Creatures with reconfigure have a built in rules magic to make them stop being creatures no matter how they're attempting to be attached to something

There was no reason to believe that reconfigure's type changing effect applied at any time other than when you activated the reconfigure ability.

While attached, this isn’t a creature.
    I kinda just expected that this applies in general, not just when triggered by reconfigure.

301.5c An Equipment that’s also a creature can’t equip a creature.
    Equipment creatures which are still creatures can't equip due to a new Equip ability anything until they have been reconfigured once.
    This is the whole issue here, isn't it?

It would have been much simpler to make these equipment living weapons which also create a 0/0 once they become unattached.
    Now we can ask what happens if you mutate on a equipment creature, clone it and attach it to something which phases out while it bands with other nonsense keywords

https://twitter.com/Dunkatog/status/...bjSfpmq0w&s=19
    Yes, Sigarda's Aid works with reconfigure! Any effect that attaches a creature with reconfigure to another creature will cause it it to stop being a creature until it becomes unattached. This isn't technically a static ability, just part of the rules for reconfigure. #WotCstaff

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

It's cute you can do this, but sloppy with existing rules precedent. Reconfigure should have had as part of the ability "this stops being a creature for as long as it is equipped", and then copy paste the equip rules text.

Now it's just 301.5c, except...

Ah ok, now I understand what you mean.

As usual, bending the rules just to make cute interactions work while throwing everything out the window and creating 1000 complex situations.

It's cute you can do this, but sloppy with existing rules precedent. Reconfigure should have had as part of the ability "this stops being a creature for as long as it is equipped", and then copy paste the equip rules text.

Now it's just 301.5c, except...
    It's awkward as it attaches first and then stops being a creature as it shouldn't be able to attach in the first place.
    It should read when attaching this, it stops being a creature until it's unattached.

Considering how truly awful their templating has become it's not surprise.

May 2015
    PDX

Blue channel land is 3U pick up an artifact, enchant, dude, or PW if Reddit is to be believed. Can target own perms..

Can't wait to bounce Lage under Standstill lol.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

It seems pretty normal to have no idea how something like Reconfigure works/doesn't work. Reminder text has a nasty habit of omitting key details so ultimately the only way to know exactly how a thing will work is to read the Comp Rules. Like there's nothing in Unearth's reminder text that lets you know you can use Flickerwisp or any similar "exile then return" effect to skirt the conditions of Unearth, you have to just know its implementation.

A lot of keyword abilities have some dumb shit under the hood making them work. The timing of when a Morph creature becomes a face-down 2/2 for 3 is really funky but there's not really another way to actually put a thing onto the stack in such a way that it doesn't technically give your opponent a chance to see it. Madness is... appropriately named if you're just trying to read its implementation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Make Wombat Great Again
    Mar 2010
    FEMA Region X

So after 25 years they thought they could make licids work? Turns out they aren't as smart as they thought?
    Listen up shitizens! http://www.noagendashow.com/
    Be a part of the magic! OBDM https://ourbigdumbmouth.com/

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

The rebel army has Gundams. How can the Emperor even compete?

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Well with Mechtitan Core, now you can literally assemble your Vultron! hyaaaa

For real cards though, Hidetsugu Consumes All seems like it could wreak a lot of decks. Anything that's gone all in on Urza's Saga just gets bombed.
    The creature seems like it's just do 20 damage before it does 10 once, so I'm not sure what's the point outside of EDH garbage.

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

8cast is now 12cast? Dig Through Time is Affinity now. This will see play in all the Emry/Sai/Urza decks 100%

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Well with Mechtitan Core, now you can literally assemble your Vultron! hyaaaa

For real cards though, Hidetsugu Consumes All seems like it could wreak a lot of decks. Anything that's gone all in on Urza's Saga just gets bombed.
    The creature seems like it's just do 20 damage before it does 10 once, so I'm not sure what's the point outside of EDH garbage.

Obviously it's Hatred combo material, /s

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post

The rebel army has Gundams. How can the Emperor even compete?
    I wish they'd grow balls and use the same "any target" language with things that add +1/+1 counters, they'll come up with some dumpy new permanent type that can attack some day and they'll have to print something specific to that as well and it's clunky af

May 2015
    PDX

8cast is now 12cast? Dig Through Time is Affinity now. This will see play in all the Emry/Sai/Urza decks 100%
    Counterpoint to that: Reverse Engineer

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Counterpoint to that: Reverse Engineer
    With Improvise you have to tap your artifacts to reduce the cost of the spell though, this spell just plain costs less per artifact, it's Affinity

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    With Improvise you have to tap your artifacts to reduce the cost of the spell though, this spell just plain costs less per artifact, it's Affinity
    What turn are we on in your example. If we start from turn 2 off double Seat opener your new spell costs 3UU. How is this so drastically better than tapping down 3 artifacts on turn 2? Remember you're saying there a two U sources and 5 artifacts in play - what 3 artifacts are you scared of tapping down to improvise?

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Wait . . . how does reconfigure work with puresteel? Puresteel reduces equip costs - but reconfigure is not equip? Or does puresteel give your equipment a new equip ability where non existed before?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    You sir are a ninja of fine quality.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    What turn are we on in your example. If we start from turn 2 off double Seat opener your new spell costs 3UU. How is this so drastically better than tapping down 3 artifacts on turn 2? Remember you're saying there a two U sources and 5 artifacts in play - what 3 artifacts are you scared of tapping down to improvise?
    I guess we could make up a bunch of strawman board states to illustrate why either card is superior but I'm not really interested in that, they just literally work differently and there's not much basis for comparison.

Thread Information