Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Streets of New Capenna: High-way or dead end?

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Re: Streets of New Capenna: High-way or dead end?

Is there any instagib combo that you could put into play with Buried Alive + Patch Up?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    Sounds like an awful game plan, even for commander.
    Edit: Okay, that looks like it doesn't work after reading the card more carefully.
    Last edited by Barook; 04-13-2022 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Is there any instagib combo that you could put into play with Buried Alive + Patch Up?

Bullies have haste, so if you play/reanimate them, they can instantly revive donate Leveler for the kill, leaving only instant speed GY hate as option to stop the combo (aside from Stifle). Probably not Legacy material because Griselbrand shits on everything, but wouldn't call it awful.
    I can't read it, is there something stopping it from being done in the second main phase?

Cephalon breakfast? nomads en-kor, Cephalid Illusionist
    Last edited by Jander78; 04-14-2022 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Fixed tags

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    Cephalon breakfast? nomads en-kor, Cephalid Illusionist
    +
    thoracle dread return and narcomeoba
    Last edited by Jander78; 04-14-2022 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Fixed tags

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    I can't read it, is there something stopping it from being done in the second main phase?
    If I deciphered it right due the watermark and shitty quality, the only restriction is that it needs to target the opponent which turn it currently is. So yes, you should be able to pull it off during the second main phase. Although in case of Leveler, upkeep should be better, for obvious reasons.

If I deciphered it right due the watermark and shitty quality, the only restriction is that it needs to target the opponent which turn it currently is. So yes, you should be able to pull it off during the second main phase. Although in case of Leveler, upkeep should be better, for obvious reasons.
    Oh yeah, duh.

Mar 2007

Anything good to abuse this with (preferable with instant speed sac outlets)? Evoke creatures come into mind, but what else?

May 2015
    PDX

Anything good to abuse this with (preferable with instant speed sac outlets)? Evoke creatures come into mind, but what else?
    Shriekmaw, Ball Lightning, Fury. Get em.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Shriekmaw, Ball Lightning, Fury. Get em.
    Sad how even bad combos fail to acknowledge the majestic superiority of Blistering Firecat over Ball Lightning.

This card looks pretty fixed to me; once per turn, ETB tapped... it's trying hard to be a "fair engine", I'd be surprised if it could be abused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Sad how even bad combos fail to acknowledge the majestic superiority of Blistering Firecat over Ball Lightning.

This card looks pretty fixed to me; once per turn, ETB tapped... it's trying hard to be a "fair engine", I'd be surprised if it could be abused.
    This seems pretty broken with the MH2 elementals, especially the ones with flash. your turn grief get back risen reef. Their turn endurance, get back voice of resurgence, trigger reef 2x. That is a whole lot of value before your t4.

Other than that, stuff that self-sacrifices seems interesting. Steve, mogg fanatic, bomat courier, augur of skulls.

This seems pretty broken with the MH2 elementals, especially the ones with flash. your turn grief get back risen reef. Their turn endurance, get back voice of resurgence, trigger reef 2x. That is a whole lot of value before your t4.

Other than that, stuff that self-sacrifices seems interesting. Steve, mogg fanatic, bomat courier, augur of skulls.
    I wouldn't say broken, but it seems really good to turn your furry into grief.
    And then your Endurence into thunderkin awakener.

Mar 2007

Fetchable Disenchant with a body attached. I like it alot.

Fetchable Disenchant with a body attached. I like it alot.
    It’s the same cost as cathar commando to kill something. No flash, but leaves a token behind when used or flickered. In Yorion taxes that are already running 2 commandos, this seems like a shoe in over the 2nd one at least. I’m not sure it beats the first one though.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

I don't think Riveteer's Ascendancy will bring Goblins back, but it does seem good in their colors. I don't know what Modern Goblins looks like, so maybe there? Maybe not good enough, but the Echo cost from Mogg War Marshal or Stingscourger to get back a Goblin Lackey, or just using Sling-Gang Lieutenant or Skirk Prospector to sack a Goblin Ringleader to get back a Goblin Matron seems like the synergy-valuetown those players enjoy. Seems like lists also run Fury, so getting back a cmc4 on your opponent's turn isn't too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    Seems like lists also run Fury, so getting back a cmc4 on your opponent's turn isn't too bad.
    Only the bant MH2 elementals have flash.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Only the bant MH2 elementals have flash.
    Oh seems so, my bad. Guess you can still use their many sac outlets to trigger on both turns though. Not a huge explosion of value, but I could see it getting an extra damage of two off Sling-Gang, which sometimes is the difference in the end. Just my thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

WOTC: you pox players can have kroxa at home

Kroxa at home:

Mar 2007

It’s the same cost as cathar commando to kill something. No flash, but leaves a token behind when used or flickered. In Yorion taxes that are already running 2 commandos, this seems like a shoe in over the 2nd one at least. I’m not sure it beats the first one though.
    I haven't been following the current Yorion Taxes lists lately, but if they run 2 Commandos, I could see a 1/1 split between Crowbar and Commado. Recruiter & 2 commadons gives you access to 6 copies in your 80. A split gives you effectively 10 copies due to SFM covering as well.

WOTC: you pox players can have kroxa at home

Kroxa at home:
    Sparkling scrapheap scounger

Possibly better than Orzhov pontiff in humans due to the haste (murders PWs like 3feri, wins races) and the bigger body. Drawing a card after entering the battlefield is even better than the body sometimes in a deck with Champion of the Parish

Thread Information