Thread: Swift Druid

Swift Druid

So, with the release of Luxior, Giada's Gift we now have three differents ways to make infinite mana with Devoted Druid. Mainly, Swift Reconfiguration looks like a reasonnable card and can deal with any creatures without static ability (+ it's a fun lore...).
    From there, the idea is of course to make infinite mana and kill with Walking Ballista. And, you can find the Ballista with either Duskwatch Recruiter, Recruiter of the guard or Thrasios, Triton Hero (which lets you draw your entire deck).

Just with that combo, there are MANY ways to build the deck:

Swift Druid hard combo by ⚀꒢⚀
    This version aims to be extremely fast and can kill T2 with dream hand. It was recently featured in this article.

Bant Swift Druid by punishingwaterfalls
    This version has access to the classic Xerox cards aswell as the last"FIRE" design cards that are Prismatic Ending and Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath. Interestingly it uses Karn, the Great Creator as the payof aswell as some disruption against a few decks (Looking at you 8-casts).

Swift Druid Midrange by aedemiel
    This version is derived from the hard combo version and is more midrange oriented. It uses Stoneforge Mystic as another tutor for Luxior aswell as a new B plan.
    The One-of Nahiri, the Lithomancer offers an interesting C plan. She can buyback dead equipements, make a continued stream of tokens and wield Luxior for some serious beatings.
    Since, we're still using Living Wish (and it can grab every pieces of the combo), sideboard is unchanged.

Videos:
    Here, Here and Here. Credits to punishingwaterfalls.

Since, the combo can slot in any "Maverick/GWx" or "Creature based Control decks" and is easy to tutor, I think it's definitely valid in Legacy format.

Re: Swift Druid

I feel like all versions of this want at least two once upon a time. You can cut a land for the first once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Sep 2011

Re: Swift Druid

The 4xGSZ versions look much better than the 4x Finale versions.

It's cute that Finale can find any creature, but paying the extra mana is a big drawback in Legacy. Finale cannot ramp on turn 1. Finale costs 1 more to find Druid, the main piece and bottleneck. GSZ cannot find Vizier or Ballista, but there are more redundant effects for Vizier and GSZ -> Duskwatch finds Ballista.

Thread Information