Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 495

Thread: 4CBS13: a 4-cards blind backbuild bannathon season

  1. #341
    Member

    Join Date

    Feb 2014
    Posts

    1,039

    Re: 4CBS13: a 4-cards blind backbuild bannathon season

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    Mechanized Production can probably be reconfigured to beat the Test of Endurance hand.
    True, it is very easy to reconfigurate it in a much better deck that beat itself or the other, without the aura.

    Naked singularity banned!

  2. #342

    Re: 4CBS13: a 4-cards blind backbuild bannathon season

    Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    True, it is very easy to reconfigure it in a much better deck that beat itself or the other, without the aura.

    Naked singularity banned!
    These late arriving bans are interesting. I suppose you know whether you've received submissions based on them already, and also that others can resubmit anyway.

    On that note, shouldn't Desecration Elemental, having scored 3.5 round points, also get banned?

  3. #343
    Member

    Join Date

    Feb 2014
    Posts

    1,039

    Re: 4CBS13: a 4-cards blind backbuild bannathon season

    Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    On that note, shouldn't Desecration Elemental, having scored 3.5 round points, also get banned?
    It could have been banned. I just can't imagine it being ever good, as it can work only against decks that can kill you while still be always ready to cast a spell. Maybe I am wrong ;)

    So I just had a look, and at least vs Reep BoP shouldn't LL, imperial mask doesn't have flash. So, not scoring 3,5.

  4. #344

    Re: 4CBS13: a 4-cards blind backbuild bannathon season

    I see what you mean. Reepicheep cannot win against me because once Sustaining Spirit is equipped with Blackblade Reforged and is attacking me, I can drop Desecration Elemental into play and threaten to race. Reepicheep could tap Fountain of Cho during the upkeep step to keep Sustaining Spirit alive, but that would make it impossible to cast Imperial Mask during the main phase. So instead Reepicheep must sacrifice Sustaining Spirit during the upkeep and cast Imperial Mask during the main phase to avoid dying to Desecration Elemental, but then Reepicheep has no way to win.

    Of course, I cannot win either.

    DD makes sense to me.

  5. #345

    Re: 4CBS13: a 4-cards blind backbuild bannathon season

    Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    It could have been banned. I just can't imagine it being ever good, as it can work only against decks that can kill you while still be always ready to cast a spell. Maybe I am wrong ;)

    So I just had a look, and at least vs Reep BoP shouldn't LL, imperial mask doesn't have flash. So, not scoring 3,5.

    Losing 4 points there still gets more than 3.0 points, but then Pemmin's Aura has the same lack of flash issue that Imperial Mask has. So that should be a draw too. Which means 30 match points, for 2.8 round points. We did it!

  6. #346

    Re: 4CBS13: a 4-cards blind backbuild bannathon season

    No, wait. Singularity deck saves a billion mana. Deck starts doing combo. I drop 8/8 and threaten race ó but Iím using Eureka, so singularity deck drops Pemminís Aura directly onto 8/8 and kills it with Auraís activations. Does that not work?

  7. #347
    Member

    Join Date

    Sep 2011
    Posts

    3,994

    Re: 4CBS13: a 4-cards blind backbuild bannathon season

    Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    True, it is very easy to reconfigurate it in a much better deck that beat itself or the other, without the aura.

    Naked singularity banned!
    Are we locking in the bannings now?

    The first deck I submitted was Naked Singularity (before this ban) so I want to make sure I don't submit other banned ideas or that another card doesn't get banned if submission is too good.

    Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    Losing 4 points there still gets more than 3.0 points, but then Pemmin's Aura has the same lack of flash issue that Imperial Mask has. So that should be a draw too. Which means 30 match points, for 2.8 round points. We did it!
    Aura's +8/-8 is instant speed though.

  8. #348
    Member

    Join Date

    Feb 2014
    Posts

    1,039

    Re: 4CBS13: a 4-cards blind backbuild bannathon season

    Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Are we locking in the bannings now?

    The first deck I submitted was Naked Singularity (before this ban) so I want to make sure I don't submit other banned ideas or that another card doesn't get banned if submission is too good.
    Bans are locked.
    And I wouldn't have banned naked singularity if you didn't send me another submission first, not using singularity.

    Anyone sending me a legal deck will not have it made illegal by a later ban.
    ņ good reason to submit early!

  9. #349

    Re: 4CBS13: a 4-cards blind backbuild bannathon season

    When is the deadline for R5?

  10. #350
    Member

    Join Date

    Feb 2014
    Posts

    1,039

    Re: 4CBS13: a 4-cards blind backbuild bannathon season

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdsOfParadise View Post
    When is the deadline for R5?
    Tuesday at 19h.
    I should have written from the beginning: deadline is each Tuesday at 19h.

  11. #351

    Re: 4CBS13: a 4-cards blind backbuild bannathon season

    Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    Tuesday at 19h.
    I should have written from the beginning: deadline is each Tuesday at 19h.
    put it, the decks to beat, and links in the OP

  12. #352
    Member

    Join Date

    Feb 2014
    Posts

    1,039

    Re: 4CBS13: a 4-cards blind backbuild bannathon season

    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    put it, the decks to beat, and links in the OP
    I did :)

  13. #353

    Re: 4CBS13: a 4-cards blind backbuild bannathon season

    Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    I did :)
    Direct links to posts with the decks for each round in the 13th season:
    - Decks and discussion for round 8
    - Decks and discussion for round 7
    - Decks and discussion for round 6
    - Decks and discussion for round 5
    - Decks and discussion for round 4
    - Decks and discussion for round 3
    - Decks and discussion for round 2: https://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/...=1#post1101391
    - Decks and discussion for round 1 : https://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/...=1#post1101209
    You look a few rounds behind to me.

  14. #354

    Re: 4CBS13: a 4-cards blind backbuild bannathon season

    Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Are we locking in the bannings now?

    The first deck I submitted was Naked Singularity (before this ban) so I want to make sure I don't submit other banned ideas or that another card doesn't get banned if submission is too good.
    Did it have the mighty Broodstar so people would stop trying to submit Island of Wak-Wak?

  15. #355

    Re: 4CBS13: a 4-cards blind backbuild bannathon season

    I feel fairly confident in saying that my deck this week contains the most powerful card we will see in a deck this entire season.

  16. #356

    Re: 4CBS13: a 4-cards blind backbuild bannathon season

    Quote Originally Posted by RoosterCocoa View Post
    I feel fairly confident in saying that my deck this week contains the most powerful card we will see in a deck this entire season.
    But can you cast said powerful card?

  17. #357

    Re: 4CBS13: a 4-cards blind backbuild bannathon season

    Quote Originally Posted by RoosterCocoa View Post
    I feel fairly confident in saying that my deck this week contains the most powerful card we will see in a deck this entire season.
    Someone already has lotus and we've seen workshop a few times.

  18. #358

    Re: 4CBS13: a 4-cards blind backbuild bannathon season

    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Someone already has lotus and we've seen workshop a few times.
    I somehow forgot about the lotus. I guess I'll have to settle for using a very powerful card to enable a strategy that I'm still surprised can win against one of the target decks.

  19. #359
    Member

    Join Date

    Feb 2014
    Posts

    1,039

    Re: 4CBS13: a 4-cards blind backbuild bannathon season

    25h to the deadline, and missing these 5: Silkster, BirdsOfParadise, Symbi, FourDogsinaHorseSuit, alphastryk

  20. #360
    Tundra Player
    alphastryk's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2011
    Location

    Atlanta
    Posts

    1,072

    Re: 4CBS13: a 4-cards blind backbuild bannathon season

    Submitted a deck (that is likely to score poorly)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)