Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
Some questions about how we handle mistakes:

Replacing banned cards with basics may lead to the deck no longer beating any of the target decks. Simple option: in that case they get 0 season points. Fun solution: replace banned cards with black lotus if a mana producer and Retrofitter foundry otherwise instead of a basic.

There is also the question if people incorrectly calculate the matchup vs the target deck. One of my drafts for this round actually was DD instead of WW before I caught it.
These are good questions.

Just randomly replacing the banned card with a basic could indeed run into your deck not beating the sample deck anymore.
Perhaps we could replace a mana card with a basic and a non-mana card with an always legal Memnite.
If the deck still can't beat the sample deck, I think there's no other solution than to lose all games in the round (or win, in this case).

If we go for random results, that might improve the score for the player in question, so I'd definitely be against that.

And what to do when a player sends in a deck that doesn't WW against the sample deck... yeah there's no real solution there that I can think of.
This season will require us to play a bit sharper than usual, and I don't see a good and fair way to mitigate mistakes here.

But those are just my thoughts. And I'm not in charge anymore.