Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: 4CBS13: a 4-cards blind backbuild bannathon season

Re: 4CBS13: a 4-cards blind backbuild bannathon season

Quote Originally Posted by jfb1337 View Post
    6 jfb1337 Leechridden swamp, Subterranean Hangar, Dawn of the dead, Nefarious Lich GT 48
    Going for a ping+self-damage strat, that's incredibly fragile to a single point of damage or life gain.

9 RoosterCocoa Rainbow Vale, Rainbow Vale, Flailing Soldier, Ivory Mask GT 11
    I think you're always able to get in a hit with soldier:
    - When I'm OTD, you play the soldier T1. I get the vale but can't kill it, as my lands enter tapped, so I take a hit T2.
    - When I'm OTP:
    -- If I play hangar first, you play the soldier T1, and as above I can't kill it.
    -- If I play leechridden swamp first, you play a land T1, then T2 I play the hangar, you play soldier T1, then I have 2 mana available with vale+swamp, but you have the other vale avilable to save it. So you get in a hit T3.
    Either way, I can't win after taking a hit, but I can still eventually kill the soldier and it's a draw. You don't play the soldier any later, such as after I play the lich, as I'm always able to keep up enough mana to kill it before playing out my stuff. Thus, DD 2-2.

12 Symbi Land Cap, Dreadship Reef, Blessed Wine, Bond of Agony GT 44
    You play blessed wine and I can't win. LL 6-0..
    I think these are off.

T1: Leechriddden Swamp; Rainbow Vale.
    T2: Hangar; Vale, Soldier giving up a Vale.
    T3: Hangar at 1 counter; Soldier attacks, Swamp and Vale give it -2/-2, and Vale on the other side gives it +1/+1. Vales are traded, and 1 damage gets in.
    T4: Untap and kill Soldier with Swamp and Hangar (and you have a Vale too, but don't need it).

Then the question is whether 1 damage is enough to stop you. The turn you cast both black enchantments, you get to ping once. So you'll pass the turn at 19-19. When you untap at 1-1, you can ping with the Dawn of the Dead trigger on the stack. So this match is WD for the Leechridden Swamp.

Against Blessed Wine, you play your game the same as though Blessed Wine wasn't there. Suppose you start at 20 and Symbi starts at 21. Before Symbi can get 21 mana, you'll have started your pinging. You ping the turn it lands, so the life totals are 20-20. Whenever it's Symbi's turn, the life totals are equal, so a Bond of Agony for lethal would cost all of Symbi's life. Eventually at 1-1, Leechridden Swamp wins again with the Dawn trigger on the stack.

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    That seem correct. So I win both OTP and OTD at 1 life, netting 0 points. Being unable to cast ogre before T4 helps quite a lot here.
    I had a few decks similar to the Leechridden Swamp deck but with only a charge land, and I really wanted to make sure that a single charge land could kill my threat before it gets in any damage.

Though actually, I think you beat the Lotus Petal + Flailing Solder deck too. If the Soldier is played turn 1 on the play, you play Gorge + Vault, then wait until the next turn when you can play Map and kill the soldier, taking only 3 damage in the process. Otherwise, you play turn 1 (Gorge + Vault + Map + Scry, 1 counter); Soldier; Scry 2; Soldier hits for 2; Scry, transform; Soldier hits for 2; take the turn off to kill Soldier, take 1 from Vault.

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    I think these are off.

T1: Leechriddden Swamp; Rainbow Vale.
    T2: Hangar; Vale, Soldier giving up a Vale.
    T3: Hangar at 1 counter; Soldier attacks, Swamp and Vale give it -2/-2, and Vale on the other side gives it +1/+1. Vales are traded, and 1 damage gets in.
    T4: Untap and kill Soldier with Swamp and Hangar (and you have a Vale too, but don't need it).

Then the question is whether 1 damage is enough to stop you. The turn you cast both black enchantments, you get to ping once. So you'll pass the turn at 19-19. When you untap at 1-1, you can ping with the Dawn of the Dead trigger on the stack. So this match is WD for the Leechridden Swamp.

Against Blessed Wine, you play your game the same as though Blessed Wine wasn't there. Suppose you start at 20 and Symbi starts at 21. Before Symbi can get 21 mana, you'll have started your pinging. You ping the turn it lands, so the life totals are 20-20. Whenever it's Symbi's turn, the life totals are equal, so a Bond of Agony for lethal would cost all of Symbi's life. Eventually at 1-1, Leechridden Swamp wins again with the Dawn trigger on the stack.
    Oof, good points.

10 Raketenudo Depths of Desire, Mnemonic Wall, Bolas's Citadel, Sand Silos GT 190
    Correction: MY GT should be at 187, not 190.
    I was trying to maximize GT through expensive mana, and chose the solution that wold additionally take longest to deal damage for the first time.

1 dte (TO) mana vault, shivan gorge, hallowed ground, treasure map GT 189
    0-6: I only need to deal 10 to you, which reduces my GT by 80 to 110. No further Interaction. WW

2 Asthereal City of Brass, Dreadship Reef, Aura Flux, Teferi's Imp GT c. 45
    6-0: Our Decks don't interact direrctly. We can ignore Aura Flux. You deal 3 Damage to yourself to play Imp, but this doesn’t impact my GT.You then beat me to death in c. 40 additional turns. LL

3 alphastryk Land Cap, Mage-Ring Network, Diamond Kaleidoscope, Epic Struggle GT 189* --> overestimated, more in the 130s?
    6-0: I calculated your GT @145. Our decks don't interact, so you're faster. LL
    Calculation: You need 22 prism to win (20 for wincon, 2 for GG). Each prism costs 3 mana; 1 mana costs you 2 turns to produce. Add 6 Colorless for casting Kaleidoscope and Epic Struggle, plus 1 turn to play 2nd land = ( (3*22)+6 Mana ) * 2 Turns + 1 = 145 Turns

4 Dooey Roiling Vortex, Rainbow Vale, Rainbow Vale, One with Nothing GT 22
    6-0: You play Roiling Vortex and win. I'm way too slow. LL

5 FourDogsinaHorseSuit Mercadian Bazaar, Aura Thief, Through The Breach, Arc Blade GT 54
    6-0: Our Decks don’t interact. You win at your GT. LL

6 jfb1337 Leechridden swamp, Subterranean Hangar, Dawn of the dead, Nefarious Lich GT 48
    6-0: even though you very much deal damage to yourself, I still ned 107 Turns for my first Bolas Citadel Activation. You’re faster. LL

7 Reeplcheep Detection Tower, Dreadship Reef, Copy Enchantment, Covetous Urge GT NA
    2-2: You take Citadel from my hand, then we stare at each other for infinity. DD

8 FTW Fountain of Cho, Sustaining Spirit, Green Scarab, Empyrial Armor GT 447
    0-6: We don’t really interact, so you win. WW

0-6:I can kill your Flailing Soldier, so I Win. WW

11 Wrath of Pie Forbidden Orchard, Flailing Soldier, Archangel's Light, Blinkmoth Infusion GT 11
    0-6: I can always kill Flailing Soldier and then win. WW

6-0: We don’t interact, and your GT is faster (Gaining 1 Life would increase my GT to 267). LL

13 Silkster Timberland Ruins, Timberland Ruins, Heartless Summoning, Flailing Ogre GT 14
    0-6: I can always kill the Ogre and win. WW

14 BirdsOfParadise Flailing Soldier, Lotus Petal, Phage the Untouchable, Phage the Untouchable GT 11
    0-6: I can always kill the Soldier and win. WW

12x L, 12x W, 2x D
    = 38 Pts

Bans: I’d like to keep all storage Lands in, as they are enablers. I’d like to see what they can enable down the road, when more and more obviously strong strategies are gone.
    But damn, those flailing dudes need to leave, didn’t have them in my sight at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    Me, playing in between two of the popular strategies: hurting myself (not enough), and late GT. Turn 14, I untap vault at 8 HP, with 0 treasures. Then I gain 1 treasure every 4 turns, and I need 40 of them, then 20 turns pinging.

10 Raketenudo Depths of Desire, Mnemonic Wall, Bolas's Citadel, Sand Silos GT 190
    6-0. Me getting below 10 makes you much faster!

11 Wrath of Pie Forbidden Orchard, Flailing Soldier, Archangel's Light, Blinkmoth Infusion GT 11
    2-2. Stare again.

Edit: 38, I WW vs Silkster at 1 life. 38 is below the banning threshold :/
    You kept a running total, but deprived yourself of 6 points here. I only noticed cause I was inputting your scores into the sheet. This puts you up to 44, but then I think you also 0-6 to Petal+Soldier, but 42 still gets banned.

Quote Originally Posted by jfb1337 View Post
    Oof, good points.
    I noticed this quickly because I had the same deck in my gauntlet, but with a different useless enchantment instead of Nefarious Lich, and I was really sad to notice that the deck actually goes ahead by 2 life.

@Alphastryke: You reported 6 points vs me; as you WW it should be 0

Upon closer Inspection, I think you calculated with W=3 L=0; but we#re playing Backbuild, so it's W=0 L=3

So I had the idea to build a deck that can't win if the opponent can deal 1 damage to it. Unfortunately, other people managed to do it better.
    1. dte mana vault, shivan gorge, hallowed ground, treasure map: I can cast bond long before you can get my life total low enough. WW 0-6
    2. Asthereal City of Brass, Dreadship Reef, Aura Flux, Teferi's Imp: Imp deals enough damage to prevent my win, even when accounting for city of brass. LL 6-0
    3. alphastryk Land Cap, Mage-Ring Network, Diamond Kaleidoscope, Epic Struggle: I'm faster and you don't interact. WW 0-6
    4. Dooey Roiling Vortex, Rainbow Vale, Rainbow Vale, One with Nothing: I cast wine and you can't win. WW 0-6
    5. FourDogsinaHorseSuit Mercadian Bazaar, Aura Thief, Through The Breach, Arc Blade: You cast arc blade and I can't win. LL 6-0
    6. jfb1337 Leechridden swamp, Subterranean Hangar, Dawn of the dead, Nefarious Lich: What silkster said. LL 6-0
    7. Reeplcheep Detection Tower, Dreadship Reef, Copy Enchantment, Covetous Urge: You take my bond and neither of us can win. DD 2-2
    8. FTW Fountain of Cho, Sustaining Spirit, Green Scarab, Empyrial Armor: You can deal 1 damage before I have the mana to cast bond, but your spirit dies and neither of us can win. DD 2-2
    9. RoosterCocoa Rainbow Vale, Rainbow Vale, Flailing Soldier, Ivory Mask: I kill your soldier before it can swing. WW 0-6
    10. Raketenudo Depths of Desire, Mnemonic Wall, Bolas's Citadel, Sand Silos: I kill you before your first citadel activation. WW 0-6
    11. Wrath of Pie Forbidden Orchard, Flailing Soldier, Archangel's Light, Blinkmoth Infusion: I kill your soldier before it can swing. WW 0-6
    12. Symbi Land Cap, Dreadship Reef, Blessed Wine, Bond of Agony: That's me!
    13. Silkster Timberland Ruins, Timberland Ruins, Heartless Summoning, Flailing Ogre: I kill your ogre before it can swing. WW 0-6
    14. BirdsOfParadise Flailing Soldier, Lotus Petal, Phage the Untouchable, Phage the Untouchable: OTP I kill your soldier before it can swing. OTD I can't kill the soldier before taking 1 damage then neither of us can win. WD 1-4

In total I score 23 points (6+6+6+2+2+1).

From your post, you go down to 8 in the process of winning. If I play Flailing Soldier before you tap mana vault, I lose since you can just kill it with Ranbow Vale and Shivan Gorge, tapping Mana Vault if I pump Soldier with my Rainbow Vale. This causes us to switch Vales, so you can use your new Vale to cast Treasure Map next turn, and end up only taking 2 extra damage from Mana Vault. If I play Soldier after you tap Mana Vault to play Treasure Map, you then untap and wait until my turn, when you use Shivan Gorge and the Rainbow Vale I gave you to give the Soldier -2/-2. In response I use my Rainbow Vale to pump it, leaving it a 1/1 and causing us to switch Rainbow Vales, so I only attack you for 1. You then untap and use Shivan Gorge and your new Rainbow Vale to kill the Soldier, so in total this causes you to take 1 damage from the Solider and 2 extra damage from Mana Vault by delaying you for 2 turns. If I wait until after you have untapped Mana Vault to play Flailing Soldier, you kill it the same way, and only take 1 damage from it attacking as a 1/1 once. At most I can cause you to lose 3 extra life on top of what you need to lose to Mana Vault, so I always lose. LL

2 Asthereal City of Brass, Dreadship Reef, Aura Flux, Teferi's Imp GT c. 45
    You have enough mana to kill my Soldier, so I can't win. You take 1 damage tapping City of Brass to kill the Soldier, but I give you a Rainbow Vale use to make up for it. LL

3 alphastryk Land Cap, Mage-Ring Network, Diamond Kaleidoscope, Epic Struggle GT 189* --> overestimated, more in the 130s?
    You kill my Soldier, then eventually win. LL

4 Dooey Roiling Vortex, Rainbow Vale, Rainbow Vale, One with Nothing GT 22
    If you play Vortex, you lose, but if you don't you can immediately kill my Soldier and we draw. DD

5 FourDogsinaHorseSuit Mercadian Bazaar, Aura Thief, Through The Breach, Arc Blade GT 54
    You produce enough mana to kill my Soldier, then eventually win. LL

OTP I am too quick to deal damage so we draw, but OTD you barely get a win as explained by Silkster. DL

7 Reeplcheep Detection Tower, Dreadship Reef, Copy Enchantment, Covetous Urge GT NA
    You easily kill my Soldier but can't win. DD I didn't notice that Covetous Urge could cast cards from my graveyard, so you either kill it and then cast it from my graveyard, or you take it from my hand. You have 2 lands, so you can easily prevent me from ever killing the Soldier once you get it, getting you the win. WW

You kill my Soldier and eventually win. LL

I think I always win, since you end up giving me a 1/1 at some point. WW I missed that the spirits don't have flying. I play my Soldier, then you play yours, giving me a spirit. If I attack with my Soldier, you block with yours and give it +1/+1, giving me a second spirit. If I try to give yours -1/-1, you just give it +1/+1 again and we swap Rainbow Vales, so my Soldier always ends up dying. I then am left with 2 1/1s and one Rainbow Vale, so if I attack with them you block one of them, then if I try to give your Soldier -1/-1 you use your Rainbow Vale to make sure it survives, and from then go on to win. If initially I decide to just attack with my 1/1 spirit instead of my Soldier, you block and if I use my Rainbow Vale on your Soldier, you protect it with yours, so we swap Vales and you are left in an improved position. Therefore I never attack, and you never attack into my better board position so we draw. DD

13 Silkster Timberland Ruins, Timberland Ruins, Heartless Summoning, Flailing Ogre GT 14
    If I play my Soldier before you play Heartless Summoning, you win so I wait for you to make a move. However, if you do play your Ogre we are both left with identical boards, so we tie. DD

14 BirdsOfParadise Flailing Soldier, Lotus Petal, Phage the Untouchable, Phage the Untouchable GT 11
    We stare or trade. DD

0W 9D 17L = 60

After I found Flailing Soldier, I knew I had to find a way to play a deck that couldn't beat a basic land. I threw in Ivory Mask in hopes that someone would have a list based on their opponent having an enchantment in hand, but I see I should have just gone with an expensive wincon that required a bunch of mana once in play to do anything.
    Last edited by RoosterCocoa; 08-16-2022 at 08:04 PM.

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    You kept a running total, but deprived yourself of 6 points here. I only noticed cause I was inputting your scores into the sheet. This puts you up to 44, but then I think you also 0-6 to Petal+Soldier, but 42 still gets banned..
    I guess I would also WW vs WoP and RoosterCocoa by the same logic, sticking to 38 and unbanned :/

I started with trying to win at 1 life, but everything I could come up with was way way too fast. Prison pieces were too good (no, seriously, Eon Hub was too good, which was hilarious), so I went to the classic Flailing Soldier plan. Unfortunately, using a single Rainbow Vale doesn't beat the sample hand* because Leyline of Sanctity is optional (this also foiled half of my ideas), so Forbidden Orchard was the compromise. (Also, I wanted two uncastable blanks, for obvious reasons.)

Now the worst part: figuring out what half the cards do.

Remember that hands are exchanged as per the first post, so WW is still desirable.

1 dte (TO) mana vault, shivan gorge, hallowed ground, treasure map GT 189 - WW - Winning at 8 life is a bit too good against flailing.
    2 Asthereal City of Brass, Dreadship Reef, Aura Flux, Teferi's Imp GT c. 45 - WW
    3 alphastryk Land Cap, Mage-Ring Network, Diamond Kaleidoscope, Epic Struggle GT 189* --> overestimated, more in the 130s? - WW
    4 Dooey Roiling Vortex, Rainbow Vale, Rainbow Vale, One with Nothing GT 22 - DD? I want to say we stare, but this matchup is a mess.
    5 FourDogsinaHorseSuit Mercadian Bazaar, Aura Thief, Through The Breach, Arc Blade GT 54 - WW - Arc Blade is way way too good for Backbuild.
    6 jfb1337 Leechridden swamp, Subterranean Hangar, Dawn of the dead, Nefarious Lich GT 48 - DD
    7 Reeplcheep Detection Tower, Dreadship Reef, Copy Enchantment, Covetous Urge GT NA - WW - This is brilliant. So brilliant I had to actually read Covetous Urge more than once. Unfortunately, I fear it's a bit too good against the other flailers because it can cast them after the exile from graveyard.
    8 FTW Fountain of Cho, Sustaining Spirit, Green Scarab, Empyrial Armor GT 447 WW
    9 RoosterCocoa Rainbow Vale, Rainbow Vale, Flailing Soldier, Ivory Mask GT 11 - DD - Two Rainbow Vales does get there, unlike one.
    - WW - I tried to make Citadel work, but I couldn't get it to work with winning at 1 life.
    12 Symbi Land Cap, Dreadship Reef, Blessed Wine, Bond of Agony GT 44 - WW
    13 Silkster Timberland Ruins, Timberland Ruins, Heartless Summoning, Flailing Ogre GT 14 - DD - I wasn't expecting a Flailing Ogre sighting! We actually stare, because Heartless Summoning kills Spirits from Forbidden Orchard, but the result is the same.
    14 BirdsOfParadise Flailing Soldier, Lotus Petal, Phage the Untouchable, Phage the Untouchable GT 11 - DD - In a surprise move, we stare.

18w8d = 62 points

I look forward to a lot less flailing in the future. (silkster was the best flailer, though.)

* I call it a hand because the cards start there and thus is more intuitive terminology. I'll try to spare everyone the essay.

Sep 2011

Edit: Math added for future rounds' reference
    425 mana & 447 turns to cast Spirit+Armor and attack 20 times as a 1/4.
    113 mana & 125 turns to attack 10 times as a 2/5 with Green Scarab, racing the target deck if it tries to use Helix Pinnacle.

I originally submitted alphastryk's deck until I found a way to make this even slower deck race the target deck (Green Scarab). I thought slowest was better.
    In general, the Spirit + Armor 1/4 costs n*(n+1) + 5 mana to kill an opponent at n life. With a storage land, that takes n*(n+2) + 7 turns.
    Epic Struggle+Kaleidoscope was 3n+12 mana (n=20). Even with slow storage, that's just 6n+23 turns. O(n) instead of O(n^2).
    But I did not consider how much faster Spirit gets vs opponents who drop their life very low. That mattered in 4 matchups!

1 dte (TO): If you tap Vault, you drop to 8 and Spirit races you (T87). WW 0-6
    2 Asthereal: You slow down my clock by 40 turns!! No way I can race Imp. LL 6-0
    3 alphastryk: Epic Struggle races me! If you hold it until the turn before you win, I can't use Green Scarab. LL 6-0
    4 Dooey: If you play Vortex, Spirit+Armor can attack so Vortex kills you first. WW 0-6
    5 FourDogsinaHorseSuit: Arc Blade races me. LL 6-0
    6 jfb1337: If you play your cards, Spirit+Armor can attack twice so you die first. WW 0-6
    7 Reeplcheep: You steal my Spirit but can't do much with it. DD 2-2
    9 RoosterCocoa: I can kill Flailing Soldier. WW 0-6
    10 Raketenudo: Too fast! Plus I can't even win through Depths of Desire killing my Aura. LL 6-0
    11 Wrath of Pie: I can kill Flailing Soldier. WW 0-6
    12 Symbi: To stop you from killing me, I can send Spirit at you before turn 20 but then I can't finish the job. DD 2-2
    13 Silkster: I can kill Flailing Ogre. WW 0-6
    14 BirdsOfParadise: I can kill Flailing Soldier. WW 0-6

26 points (8 loss, 2 draw, 14 win)

I missed the Flailing memo. Good tech vs Veldt.
    Last edited by FTW; 08-18-2022 at 08:15 PM.

1 dte (TO) mana vault, shivan gorge, hallowed ground, treasure map
    DD (2 pt)
    2 Asthereal City of Brass, Dreadship Reef, Aura Flux, Teferi's Imp
    LL (2 + 6 = 8 pt)
    3 alphastryk Land Cap, Mage-Ring Network, Diamond Kaleidoscope, Epic Struggle
    LL (8 + 6 = 14 pt)
    4 Dooey Roiling Vortex, Rainbow Vale, Rainbow Vale, One with Nothing
    DD (14 + 2 = 16 pt)
    5 FourDogsinaHorseSuit Mercadian Bazaar, Aura Thief, Through The Breach, Arc Blade
    LL (16 + 6 = 22 pt)
    6 jfb1337 Leechridden swamp, Subterranean Hangar, Dawn of the dead, Nefarious Lich
    DD (22 + 2 = 24 pt)
    7 Reeplcheep Detection Tower, Dreadship Reef, Copy Enchantment, Covetous Urge
    DD (24 + 2 = 26 pt)
    8 FTW Fountain of Cho, Sustaining Spirit, Green Scarab, Empyrial Armor
    LL (26 + 6 = 32 pt)
    9 RoosterCocoa Rainbow Vale, Rainbow Vale, Flailing Soldier, Ivory Mask
    If I cast Soldier, you kill it with two Rainbow Vales. If you cast Soldier, I kill it with Lotus Petal and your Rainbow Vale.
    DD (32 + 2 = 34 pt)
    10 Raketenudo Depths of Desire, Mnemonic Wall, Bolas's Citadel, Sand Silos
    LL (34 + 6 = 40 pt)
    11 Wrath of Pie Forbidden Orchard, Flailing Soldier, Archangel's Light, Blinkmoth Infusion
    Wrath of Pie says it's DD. I feel like this is giving me too much credit, but it's hurting my head to work this one out. I'll take Wrath of Pie's DD unless someone shows this is incorrect.
    DD (40 + 2 = 42 pt)
    12 Symbi Land Cap, Dreadship Reef, Blessed Wine, Bond of Agony
    DL (42 + 4 = 46 pt)
    13 Silkster Timberland Ruins, Timberland Ruins, Heartless Summoning, Flailing Ogre
    DD (46 + 2 = 48 pt)

Total = 48 pt

Quote Originally Posted by RoosterCocoa View Post

You easily kill my Soldier but can't win. DD I didn't notice that Covetous Urge could cast cards from my graveyard, so you either kill it and then cast it from my graveyard, or you take it from my hand. You have 2 lands, so you can easily prevent me from ever killing the Soldier once you get it, getting you the win. WW
    I saw your disagreement with Reeplcheep and so I read through your post more carefully to see where you went wrong, but you didn't! Which means that I get points against Reeplcheep too! (Likewise for Wrath of Pie and BirdsOfParadise.) All these newfangled cards are so confusing!

Also, it seems that I'm the only one who viewed the matches as trading decks. I'm not going to rewrite my post, but I'll do it the same as everyone else next time, where LL is 6-0.

I was looking over scores for Asthereal, and I think it should be: alphastryk 6 - 0 Asthereal. Actually, I think all of alphastryk's scores are backwards.
    Last edited by silkster; 08-17-2022 at 02:07 AM.

Feb 2014

Thanks all for filling up the spreadsheet!
    So we already have the scores:

4,8 Wrath of Pie
    4,8 Silkster
    4,6 RoosterCocoa
    3,7 BirdsOfParadise
    2,9 dte (TO)
    2,9 Dooey
    2,9 Raketenudo
    2,5 alphastryk
    2,5 Reeplcheep
    2,4 jfb1337
    2,2 FTW
    1,8 Symbi
    0,5 Asthereal
    0,0 FourDogsinaHorseSuit

So only the 4 flailing decks passed the banning threshold (congrats to the ones that saw how good it was vs a single veldt!), leading to these bans of the flailing strategy:

Rainbow Vale
    Lotus Petal
    Forbidden Orchard
    Flailing Soldier
    Flailing Ogre
    Heartless Summoning
    Flailing Manticore

Joining Helix pinnacle on the banlist.

The decks to beat for R2 will thus be one of these three:
    Rainbow Vale, Rainbow Vale, Flailing Soldier, Ivory Mask
    Forbidden Orchard, Flailing Soldier, Archangel's Light, Blinkmoth Infusion
    Timberland Ruins, Timberland Ruins, Heartless Summoning, Flailing Ogre

I'll send myself a deck and open R2 very soon.

Feb 2014

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Raketenudo View Post
    @Alphastryke: You reported 6 points vs me; as you WW it should be 0

Upon closer Inspection, I think you calculated with W=3 L=0; but we#re playing Backbuild, so it's W=0 L=3
    I did forget to invert my points in my post but will update in the spreadsheet if that's how we're doing the math.

Edit - it looks like someone already updated me there

Why are Leyline of Sanctity and noxious revival not banned? I won many matches since I had to play detection tower.

Banning lotus petal but not timberland ruins doesn’t make sense to me.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

I think we need to resolve the ban rules clearly before we move on to the next round

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    Banning lotus petal but not timberland ruins doesn’t make sense to me.
    Lotus petal is a unique card, and playing it enables particular strategies. Banning timberlands ruins doesn't make sense to me, as there are many different cards that would be indistinguishable from it.

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    I think we need to resolve the ban rules clearly before we move on to the next round
    The round 2 has started and the rules are:
    1) each round, cards would be banned to prevent an identical strategy as any deck that have been scoring over 3 SP. Banning system to be re-discussed after round 3.
    2) if you play a card on the banning list, your deck is illegal.

The banning list is here:
    Rainbow Vale
    Lotus Petal
    Forbidden Orchard
    Flailing Soldier
    Flailing Ogre
    Heartless Summoning
    Flailing Manticore
    Helix pinnacle

When the rules say "Random are most benefitial to the opponent" which opponenet? The person I'm playing against, or the player who doesn't control the ability?

E: and because we're in buildback does it mean the opposite?

Thread Information