@Rationalist

At the risk of summoning another math paper that I mostly can follow, I have been goldfishing the deck -2 LtGB, -2 Recluse -1 Havenwood Battleground, +3 Throes of Chaos +2 Tibalt's Trickery and it seems solid (with the 4th Throes in the board still). The combo turns end up with a smaller board, but you don't generally need 70+ power to kill someone, and the ability to have turn 2 wins in the first game seems valuable against the deck's bad match-ups. Additionally, it allows for more actual sideboard cards, even if some of those end up being the LtGBs or Recluses for matches where being slower and more consistent is better. The main drawback I see is that Throes into Trickery can be stopped with one counterspell, but the deck seems so powerful against "normal" interaction that I don't feel like that's a huge weakness, though I'm willing to be wrong there, and obviously there is a huge delta between a turn 2 attempt that uses a Sandstone Needle + Ancient Tomb vs one that uses Sulfur Vents + Crystal Vein, the latter of which would be very risky against counter magic.

Also, I noticed that this deck has been popping up a few times on MTG Top 8, and one thing I notice in common among all of those Tinder Farm over Gemstone Caverns. Obviously it makes the goldfish more consistent, and I have noticed the "making the 5th mana in a deck that wants 6 mana" problem that you have mentioned before when I have been testing. Daze protection is great, and the occasional turn 2 CTs, but I think the turn 2 attempts are better served by the Throes + Trickery plan. I've yet to make the switch myself, but the more I read your primer section for Caverns the more it feels like Caverns is a good card in vacuum in a deck like this but I'm not convinced that it actually does all that much lifting for us.