Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 30th Anniversary Edition - What Reserve List?

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

30th Anniversary Edition - What Reserve List?

Daily MTG article

Card backs.

But the fronts:

"Not tournament legal" of course,
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Re: 30th Anniversary Edition - What Reserve List?

Note, I buried the lead, check that price. Yeah, a "box" is four packs and costs $1,000.

God help you when your $250 rare is Thoughtlace.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Yeah, a "box" is four packs and costs $1,000.
    I've noticed this as well. This is utterly shameless.

If they printed real power that was tournament-legal, ok, I would understand it to a certain degree. But that much money for glorified proxies from WotC? Fuck that.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Not even the basic lands get to be tournament legal, what a joke.

I recently went to a card proxy store to make tokens for my wife's EDH deck since Blessed Sanctuary never had token made. They print everything with non-magic backs and make a big deal to cancel your order if you even attempt to upload a print file with OG magic backs. But from the front the cards are more than good enough for play. Sleeve them up in a nobody cares format like Commander and you'd never know otherwise. And at $1/card compared to the ~$17/card of this sham, nobody who knows better is going to get this stuff.

I'm seriously lost on who this is for. They make a big deal talking about how they're making extra dual lands and Sol Rings because those are the cards that are in demand, so they have some sense to allude to EDH players using these in place of the real thing, but what EDH player who's too poor to buy RL cards is going to have a extra $999 on hand? And then you get a bunch of neato Vintage cards that you can't even play in Commander? This should have been a limited print run sure, but $4/pack and let people pretend draft and then they could realize how bad Beta was as a set to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Beta’s fun to play. My friend and I made a Cube out of one of every Beta card (minus dexterity and ante) on Cockatrice. It was a blast.

For damage-limit prices I'll just buy a real Trop

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

I mean, I don't really need any of these cards. But I am sort of glad this exists. Still, stupid Hasbro pricing is stupid, no doubt about it. I don't know if I believe it, but I do sort of hope this is the start on a slippery slope. Just hopefully prices come down, availability goes up.

Note, I buried the lead, check that price. Yeah, a "box" is four packs and costs $1,000.

God help you when your $250 rare is Thoughtlace.
    It's really nice of them to not put that in their article so that people can be even more hyped until their jaws drop at the price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    Not even the basic lands get to be tournament legal, what a joke.

I'm seriously lost on who this is for. They make a big deal talking about how they're making extra dual lands and Sol Rings because those are the cards that are in demand, so they have some sense to allude to EDH players using these in place of the real thing, but what EDH player who's too poor to buy RL cards is going to have a extra $999 on hand? And then you get a bunch of neato Vintage cards that you can't even play in Commander? This should have been a limited print run sure, but $4/pack and let people pretend draft and then they could realize how bad Beta was as a set to play.
    It seem like this is another attempt of how much they can milk the commander player base to see how far they can push it.
    What really gets me is the Sol Rings.
    Are there really not enough to go around by now?
    There were millions in Revised and they have been printing them in every commander product ever since they introduced it.

At this point, with barely any official support for Legacy and Vintage, why aren't those proxy tournaments by now?
    It's not like people really care and are just happy to play the formats in RL.
    Commander is a kitchen table format anyway so people can prox whatever they want.
    It would make more sense to either ban reserved list cards or make like a commander+ with RL while normal is without.

The only real reason for this to exist is to have Illusionary Masks with a proper rules text.

I don't know if this deserves it's own thread but even more shit for sale soon.
    We are already in perpetual spoiler season, is there a need to have another remastered set so soon?
    Why did they do away with the masters sets if they are now just remastering things?

At this point, I can't see their business model being sustainable for much longer.
    They are so aggressive with the amount of product they are throwing out, it's just tiring.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    It's really nice of them to not put that in their article so that people can be even more hyped until their jaws drop at the price tag.
    It is in the article though:
    Featuring the original art that inspired a generation of Magic fans, 30th Anniversary Edition is built with modern sensibilities and nostalgic roots. 30th Anniversary Edition will be on sale for the holidays, available November 28 for $999 on 30thEdition.wizards.com. And even with Magic growing tremendously throughout the past 30 years, we have gone back to our roots with a limited-edition print run.
    Granted, it isn't as if it called out clearly at the top though.

It is in the article though:

Granted, it isn't as if it called out clearly at the top though.
    It's so small I completely missed it.
    Normally they go through all their premium and super premium deluxe options with visible price tags.

Considering the current prices for IE and CE, these seem appropriate as to not upset anyone who has stock in them.

Magic is just for investors to scam players at this point.

I was under the impression that during A25 they changed the art on a lot of cards because of the pricing structures of the art they used for ABU. Is that no longer the case? Because while some got new art, that's classic art on the Trop, the Sol Ring.

Make Wombat Great Again
    Mar 2010
    FEMA Region X

I'm sure that a deal of the profits from this product will go to a fund to cover the legal costs to fight the inevitable lawsuits that will come because Wizards is "breaking" the RL. (I'm not picking a side whether or not this is actually violating the RL. I'm not beating that horse today) At this point I would support lawsuits because this move is just dumb and shameless.
    Anyone watch Rudy from Alpha Investments? He just did a video saying that the upcoming serialized cards are the lowest Wizards can go to make $ at this point. Guess again...
    Listen up shitizens! http://www.noagendashow.com/
    Be a part of the magic! OBDM https://ourbigdumbmouth.com/

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Who the fuck is this for? Collectors don't want to see this even printed, players aren't interested in expensive proxies that can't be used in sanctioned play; I don't know who wants this.

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    For damage-limit prices I'll just buy a real Trop
    I don't know if "damage-limit prices" is your original quote or not but it's an excellent phrase and I'm gonna try and wedge it into conversations
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    I don't know if "damage-limit prices" is your original quote or not but it's an excellent phrase and I'm gonna try and wedge it into conversations
    Just make sure they're charging your MP and not your HP

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by the Thin White Duke View Post
    I'm sure that a deal of the profits from this product will go to a fund to cover the legal costs to fight the inevitable lawsuits that will come because Wizards is "breaking" the RL.
    This kind of reprint is literally covered by their current RL policies. Anybody trying to sue would have no case.

All policies apply only to tournament-legal Magic cards in printed form. Wizards of the Coast has and may continue to print special versions of cards not meant for regular gameplay, such as oversized cards.
    But considering their stance has changed since a few years ago (in which they said they wouldn't even do special prints), it makes you wonder what falls next? Maybe their stupid "spirit of the Reserve List"?

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    This kind of reprint is literally covered by their current RL policies. Anybody trying to sue would have no case.
    Even if they nuke the reserved list for real.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

So yeah anyone who whines about proxies from this point on can go eat a dick
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    So yeah anyone who whines about proxies from this point on can go eat a dick
    I'll just go back to deck matrices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Magic: the Whaling. You will own proxies and you will be happy. My hair turned purple from all this inclusiveness.

I got only one explanation for this product to exist in a context of three years of continuous lockdowns and fuckups followed by a very real possibility of an incoming war: they realized that in twelve months they won't be selling anything as everybody will be good only for a pauper's cage, so they started an unhinged effort to milk the dying cow dry during the most unstable period since Cuban Missile Crisis.

Nobody's buying this Abibas crap, no matter what will Malone post about that. What's the name of that proxy service again?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Hack View Post
    Magic: the Whaling. You will own proxies and you will be happy. My hair turned purple from all this inclusiveness.

I got only one explanation for this product to exist in a context of three years of continuous lockdowns and fuckups followed by a very real possibility of an incoming war: they realized that in twelve months they won't be selling anything as everybody will be good only for a pauper's cage, so they started an unhinged effort to milk the dying cow dry during the most unstable period since Cuban Missile Crisis.

Nobody's buying this Abibas crap, no matter what will Malone post about that. What's the name of that proxy service again?
    I mean this with all honestly and sincerity: log off.
    You're like three ticks past terminal levels of "online"

Thread Information