Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [ONE] Phyrexia: All Will Be One Single Spoiler

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Re: [ONE] Phyrexia: All Will Be One Single Spoiler

I think this is clearly nowhere near Mental Misstep and maybe just generally worse than Spell Pierce?
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    The new Atraxa also hints at a new card type - Battle. Whatever the fuck that is going to be.
    Tribal should never really have been a Type, just that they didn't want to fix the rules baggage with Subtypes at the time. So, perhaps Tribal becomes the Supertype it always should have been though and Battle "replaces" it.

My wild guess is that Battle might be something like what the old "World Enchantments" were thematically supposed to have been, modifying the Battlefield. Hopefully they aren't some odd thing that goes to the Command Zone or something though. But who knows.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post

I think this is clearly nowhere near Mental Misstep and maybe just generally worse than Spell Pierce?
    I think I don't want to live in the timeline where i have to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    So, there's the obvious possibility of using multi-mana lands like Scorched Ruins,City of Traitors or Lotus Vale, but the only game-ending combo I see is copying Mutavault and Griffin Aviary, which is a little rough since it requires attacking and is not hasty.
    TIL Griffin Canyon was a card that existed.

I don't think sol-lands are the use case for it, at that point there's a lot of less-effort ways to make an efficent mana rock. The case, imo, is utility lands that are vulnrable to wasteland. Like a Port, a wasteland itself.

That said it does go infinite with Oboro, Palace in the Clouds and Scorched Ruins. Unfortunately that's already 3 cards for a combo that does nothing but an infinite loop. I guess Cradle for 5 will net you mana. What other lands make 5 mana?

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    TIL Griffin Canyon was a card that existed.
    Sorry I got the name wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit
    That said it does go infinite with Oboro, Palace in the Clouds and Scorched Ruins. Unfortunately that's already 3 cards for a combo that does nothing but an infinite loop. I guess Cradle for 5 will net you mana. What other lands make 5 mana?
    Oh, I missed that.

Cloudpost, Cabal Coffers, Crypt of Agadeem, and Urza's Workshop are candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Sorry I got the name wrong.
    I didn't even have a remote idea what you were talking about and had to search every card named Arie and then Griffin trying to find the combo, lol.
    I'm making fun of myself not you.

Oh and crop rot and/or realms uncharted

I didn't even have a remote idea what you were talking about and had to search every card named Arie and then Griffin trying to find the combo, lol.
    I'm making fun of myself not you.
    It probably ends up being a bad version of dredge or reanimator. FWIW, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx would be another candidate for a big mana land.

This looks like the planned replacement for when the blue dragon gets the hammer.
    Might be useful if it wasn't that random.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

To which blue dragon might you be referencing?
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    https://mythicspoiler.com/one/cards/capricioushellraiser.jpg

This looks like the planned replacement for when the blue dragon gets the hammer.
    Might be useful if it wasn't that random.
    The contents of the graveyard can change between the time that it gets cast (or enters the battlefield) and the time that the trigger resolves. There are also lots of ways to create copies of the Hellraiser, and those will have the ETB trigger too. There's definitely combo potential.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Also you can potentially build around only creatures except for "spells you want to cast" to ensure you get the right pick? But that might be too cute - if you only run value spells, doesn't really matter what spell you hit - kinda like shardless decks - each spell that could be cast is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    You sir are a ninja of fine quality.

Scroogishly: Are there no delve spells? At instant?

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

RG Sword is in the set. Up to two cards CA, depending on what you get.

Scroogishly: Are there no delve spells? At instant?
    Will of the Naga, Empty the Pits and Dead Drop require no impossible targets and don't seem too amazing.
    Everything else with delve needs target spells or creatures.
    There might be other stuff but sounds like too much effort to setup.

RG Sword is in the set. Up to two cards CA, depending on what you get.
    Well, even if you get 2 lands you can play both of them if you didn't play a land before so it does decent CA.
    However, given that the protection isn't that amazing anymore and none of the other swords are played either I can't see this being too amazing outside of smaller formats.

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    Also you can potentially build around only creatures except for "spells you want to cast" to ensure you get the right pick? But that might be too cute - if you only run value spells, doesn't really matter what spell you hit - kinda like shardless decks - each spell that could be cast is good.
    The way I'm reading it, it hits 3 cards at random, and you get to pick any one of them that's non-creature non-land. I was thinking it might work to have a deck with stuff like mizzix's mastery and Psionic Ritual that can hit other cards in the graveyard.

Sudden Edict has some serious competition now.

The new Atraxa also hints at a new card type - Battle. Whatever the fuck that is going to be.
    I love that this Edict can kill Planeswalkers in control decks or Marit Lage even if your opponent also has an Elvish Reclaimer or Vampire Hexmage in play. Its versatile enough to maindeck as a 4 (much more so than Fatal Push) and I am glad they made it an uncommon.

Probably not good but cute.

Phyrexian Champion
    WWWWW
    Phyrexian Horror
    If damage would be dealth to Phyrexian Champion, prevent that damage. When damage is prevented this way Phyrexian Champion deals that much damage to any other target.
    5/5
    This however is something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    [Exuberant Fuseling]

Probably not good but cute.

It would be way more interesting with flash. I wonder if they're printing any good payoffs for having lots of oil counters.

Thread Information