Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [ONE] Phyrexia: All Will Be One Single Spoiler

Re: [ONE] Phyrexia: All Will Be One Single Spoiler

Also, it's a 1/2 because lmao of course it is.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by Whoshim View Post
    EDIT: Also, concerning Skrelv's Hive, I feel like it is quite different than Bitterblossom. Flying is a big deal. Additionally, these creatures won't help your other creatures reduce the opponent's life total. However, it can make grindier Infect decks a thing. It requires a third color from what normal decks are playing now, but the lifelink aspect is really strong.
    I agree it's not just colorshifted Bitterblossom. Not flying and not blocking are big downsides, since grinding the opponent down and having a summoning sick creature to block every turn is how those games can turn around for the Bitterblossom player. But you're wrong that these creatures won't help reduce the life total. Toxic n is "Players dealt combat damage by this creature also get n poison counters". They'll deal 1 damage and give 1 poison, it;s not infect that replaces the damage. You can debate whether that's a positive (I do not think so) but you will kill an opponent at 1 life and zero poison with one of these guys.

But you can definitely tell they started with Bitterblossom and worked it to be in line with Standard power these days. So I thought I'd mention it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Interesting card that could be used in a few ways, but how about an Artifact-y or Lands-y Dreadnought build with Saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Interesting card that could be used in a few ways, but how about an Artifact-y or Lands-y Dreadnought build with Saga.

stay out of my head, thanks

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    stay out of my head, thanks
    You've been Thoughtseized

You've been Thoughtseized
    I'm still gonna do it!

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    I agree it's not just colorshifted Bitterblossom. Not flying and not blocking are big downsides, since grinding the opponent down and having a summoning sick creature to block every turn is how those games can turn around for the Bitterblossom player. But you're wrong that these creatures won't help reduce the life total. Toxic n is "Players dealt combat damage by this creature also get n poison counters". They'll deal 1 damage and give 1 poison, it;s not infect that replaces the damage. You can debate whether that's a positive (I do not think so) but you will kill an opponent at 1 life and zero poison with one of these guys.

But you can definitely tell they started with Bitterblossom and worked it to be in line with Standard power these days. So I thought I'd mention it.
    Thanks for the clarification. That makes the 1/2 much worse for infect to run, and that makes this version of Bitterblossom significantly better for non-infect decks to run.

Y'all hear of a card called ground rift?

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by Whoshim View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. That makes the 1/2 much worse for infect to run, and that makes this version of Bitterblossom significantly better for non-infect decks to run.
    I'll clarify again I'm not an infect player, but I don't think the Toxic v. Infect of Rotpriest is the key takeaway. Since it's when any of their creatures gets targeted by any spell, it makes all their pump spells +1 and chips in with every removal spell you cast. I see it more comparable to the Noble Hierarch slot, though I don't think it's good enough to replace it. Supplement perhaps, but that's for the people who know better to say.

May 2015
    PDX

Going to need a ruling on this copy Nought -> immune to Decay and Ending forever or land supertype lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Going to need a ruling on this copy Nought -> immune to Decay and Ending forever or land supertype lost.
    A phyrexian dreadnought does not have any supertypes nor is it a land so anything that becomes a copy of a phyrexian dreadnought will also have no supertypes and will not be a land.

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

What's the Venn Diagram of this compared to Grafdigger's Cage?
    They hit a lot of the same stuff, but Cage stops Hogaak.
    This stops getting not lands off EI I guess, but then that's already a sub optimal EI to begin with

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Legacy has enough of this stuff to not use or waste a land drop for this

What's the Venn Diagram of this compared to Grafdigger's Cage?
    They hit a lot of the same stuff, but Cage stops Hogaak.
    This stops getting not lands off EI I guess, but then that's already a sub optimal EI to begin with
    Cage Stops
    Ichoroid
    Uro
    Panglacial wurm
    Flashback

Nu Jailer stops
    Crucible of Worlds
    Flashback
    EI

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Cage stopping GSZ and NO on top of the typical graveyard stuff seems to be it's unique sectors.

Soulless Jailer does not stop playing the land off EI, which is the preferred play in most cases.
    This does hit Crucible of Worlds and the red storm stuff like Galvanic Relay and Harnfel, Horn of Bounty. If this cost 1 I could imagine some use cases, but the 0/4 body will probably get more use than the ability in decks that care to play it.

This does hit Crucible of Worlds and the red storm stuff like Galvanic Relay and Harnfel, Horn of Bounty. If this cost 1 I could imagine some use cases, but the 0/4 body will probably get more use than the ability in decks that care to play it.
    No cast from exile hits stuff like Jeska's will, cascade, the exiled card in expressive iteration, the back side of rebound, foretell, suspend, and a bunch of other random stuff that's unlikely to matter much.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Sudden Edict has some serious competition now.

The new Atraxa also hints at a new card type - Battle. Whatever the fuck that is going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    The new Atraxa also hints at a new card type - Battle. Whatever the fuck that is going to be.
    Either broken or abandoned at the next possible gas station.

There were a few cards in the massive leak that ware at least interesting:

Mirran Safehouse
    Artifact
    As long as Mirran Safehouse is on the battlefield, it has all activated abilites of all land cards in all graveyards.
    Monument to Perfection
    Artifact
    3, T: Search your library for a basic, Sphere, or Locus land card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle.

3: Monument to Perfection becomes a 9/9 Phyrexian Construct artifact creature, loses all abilities, and gains indestructible and toxic 9. Activate only if there are nine or more lands with different names among the basic, Sphere, and Locus lands you control.
    Kemba, Kha Enduring
    1W
    Legendary Creature - Cat Cleric
    Whenever Kemba, Kha Enduring or another Cat enters the battlefield under your control, attach up to one target Equipment you control to that creature.

Equipped creatures you control get +1/+1.

3WW: Create a 2/2 white Cat creature token.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    Either broken or abandoned at the next possible gas station.

There were a few cards in the massive leak that ware at least interesting:
    Mirran Safehouse
    Artifact
    As long as Mirran Safehouse is on the battlefield, it has all activated abilites of all land cards in all graveyards.
    So, there's the obvious possibility of using multi-mana lands like Scorched Ruins,City of Traitors or Lotus Vale, but the only game-ending combo I see is copying Mutavault and Griffin AviaryGriffin Canyon, which is a little rough since it requires attacking and is not hasty.
    Last edited by rufus; 01-18-2023 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Fixed a card name.

Thread Information