Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839

Thread: 4 Card Blind: The Silkster Seasons

Re: 4 Card Blind: The Silkster Seasons

Wrath of Pie: Treetop Village, Golgari Rot Farm, Elixir of Immortality, Assassin's Trophy, comment: Time for a classic

dte: Trinisphere, Thespian stage, Mana crypt, Dark depths, comment: - LL - Is this legal?
    GoblinSmashmaster: Sandstone Needle, Shocker, Goblin Sparksmith, Fury, comment: Electric goblins - WL - Hilariously, it's just Sparksmith, not Goblin Sparksmith. It really should be though.
    Reeplcheep: Mishra’s workshop, Mishra’s workshop, Trinisphere, Wurmcoil Engine, comment: Shops - LL
    tirrit: saprazzan skerry, hapless researcher, shelldock isle, emrakul, the aeons torn, comment: - LL
    Silkster: Ancient Tomb, Dark Depths, Thespian Stage, Petrified Field, comment: field and gambit both critical - WL
    FTW: Chancellor of the Annex, Force of Negation, Phyrexian Metamorph, Fountain of Cho, comment: Loses to LD - WW - You're right, it does lose to LD.

4w = 12 points

tirrit: saprazzan skerry, hapless researcher, shelldock isle, emrakul, the aeons torn, comment:

dte: Trinisphere, Thespian stage, Mana crypt, Dark depths, comment:
    Can't beat Trinisphere. LL

GoblinSmashmaster: Sandstone Needle, Shocker, Goblin Sparksmith, Fury, comment: Electric goblins
    I empty my hand on my turn 2, so even on the draw I get to cast emrakul on turn 3 and win. WW

Reeplcheep: Mishra’s workshop, Mishra’s workshop, Trinisphere, Wurmcoil Engine, comment: Shops
    Can't beat Trinisphere. I hoped there wouldn't be so many! LL

Silkster: Ancient Tomb, Dark Depths, Thespian Stage, Petrified Field, comment: field and gambit both critical
    I'm faster since I annihilate you on my turn 3. WW

FTW: Chancellor of the Annex, Force of Negation, Phyrexian Metamorph, Fountain of Cho, comment: Loses to LD
    This is (a better version of) one of the decks I was metagaming around (as you noticed) since I thought that show and telling Ulamog or blightsteel colossus was the best thing ever and this seemed like a good answer to that. Turns out no one is playing show and tell! I can pay for chancellor, there's nothing to FoN, and I annihilate on turn 3. WW

Wrath of Pie: Treetop Village, Golgari Rot Farm, Elixir of Immortality, Assassin's Trophy, comment: Time for a classic
    I win before you cast assassin's trophy on the play, but you play assassin's trophy on my land before I can win on the draw. WL

7 wins, 5 losses for 21/36 points

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post

dte: Trinisphere, Thespian stage, Mana crypt, Dark depths, comment: - LL - Is this legal?
    Yes because if you make Marit Lage on your turn 2 it dies to divine gambit, otherwise they get to play field of ruin and just never tap out and you die to mana crypt. If you don't play crypt then they can tap out to make the 2/1 since you can't make Marit Lage until your next turn.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by tirrit View Post
    This is (a better version of) one of the decks I was metagaming around (as you noticed) since I thought that show and telling Ulamog or blightsteel colossus was the best thing ever and this seemed like a good answer to that. Turns out no one is playing show and tell! I can pay for chancellor, there's nothing to FoN, and I annihilate on turn 3. WW
    Yeah Show and Tell was on my radar too. Can T1 with threat that dies to Divine Verdict. There's a slower version that beats counters, so I picked Metamorph as overkill to copy their threat & annihilate first. Then no Show and Tell! Turns out Marit Lage & 3sphere were more popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    GoblinSmashmaster: Sandstone Needle, Shocker, Goblin Sparksmith, Fury, comment: Electric goblins
    WL (edit: OTP against the ceiling deck, don’t you put in fury off of divine gambit and win?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    I know these were answered, by I wanted to add that I thought the same things. When I submitted mine, there were 4 decks for me to look over, and 3/4 of them looked illegal at first glance. Then I realized that dte loses the Depths vs Field standoff in 7 turns, that Priest just races Shocker + Sparksmith, and that Emrakul came down a turn slower than typical for Shelldock and was answered by Field and not by Gambit. I was very relieved that the decks appeared legal.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Reeplcheep: Mishra’s workshop, Mishra’s workshop, Trinisphere, Wurmcoil Engine
    You jam T1 3sphere into Channex, getting countered, then resolve T2 Wurmcoil. I'll have T5 Wurmcoil copy.
    OTP you have 2 attacks before I make Wurmcoil. Then they trade and eventually Chancellor flies over to win.
    OTD you have 3 attacks, I'll be at 2, and the Phyrexian mana would kill me so I'm 1 life short.
    WL 3-3
    I did this math last night and was pretty sure about it, but I'm glad to see it confirmed. I love that the timing of paying 2 life on turn 5 is the exact amount that makes this matchup go 3-3.

I suppose I'll wait a day or two in case results change, but it seems that Chancellor of the Annex + Force of Negation will be in the ceiling deck next week, which is absolutely wild to me.
    4CB Ceiling Season Entry Form and the google sheet for scores.

GoblinSmashmaster Results for Round 1: Protection from Goblins

Sphere :( 0-6

That's me, with a goblin!

Reeplcheep: Mishra’s workshop, Mishra’s workshop, Trinisphere, Wurmcoil Engine, comment: Shops
    Sphere :( 0-6

tirrit: saprazzan skerry, hapless researcher, shelldock isle, emrakul, the aeons torn, comment:
    unshockable :( 0-6

Silkster: Ancient Tomb, Dark Depths, Thespian Stage, Petrified Field, comment: field and gambit both critical
    Shocker smash, then 20/20 3-3

FTW: Chancellor of the Annex, Force of Negation, Phyrexian Metamorph, Fountain of Cho, comment: Loses to LD
    Shocker smash! 6-0

Shocker smash, then Trophy 3-3

12 goblin points!

Duh, needle enters tapped so smashmaster can’t get under sphere. Ithat WW puts me at 24/36

Feb 2014

Me, recycling.

6-0, trini

3-3, first to trini

6-0, trini makes resercher hapless

3-3, speed & risks with crypt.

0-6, I was prepared for channex but not for FoN

6-0, faster thsn classic

It looks like the results are in (thanks to the score sheet now being editable), so I can say

The next ceiling deck is: Chancellor of the Annex, Force of Negation, Phyrexian Metamorph, Fountain of Cho.

The same win-the-game cards and LD-lands are banned, as well as the cards in the ceiling deck. The lists will be published on Tuesday the 23 at 11am EDT, as usual.
    4CB Ceiling Season Entry Form and the google sheet for scores.

Thread Information