Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
I think then it's a draw, because you're limited by leyline to moving up the chain before making the next token which means if I can survive long enough I can eventually bounce every token:
I accept that there's no way to win, so commit to leyline Karakas. (Which, since I'm going first I can do.)
t1, Karakas
t1, Foundry, pass
t2, first decision point: I think here you should pass because next turn you'll be in the same position but with more mana. so even if it's suboptimal we know that you have infinite time to set up which means you should start from the strongest position, so 7 mana instead of 6.
t2 pass
t3 my end step you make a token. If I bounce you can spend 4 (1 starting remaining) to make it a thopter. Letting me bounce it puts us back to your t2: My untapped Karakas+Leyline vs You with 7 Mana, foundry and no attackers
t3 attack me to 19
t4 my end step you can make a 1/1, and I'll bounce the flying 1/1, you can't afford an untap here. OR You can choose to promote the 1/1, which would let me bounce a 4/4 instead. OR you can choose to do nothing: **
t4 you attack me to 18
t5 pass, you can't make a token here because leyline would kill it. You can't promote because of karakas. So you can exit this turn with 1 token, 1 spare mana.
t5 onward: Attack into karakas, make one token by your next combat and be put in the same fork where you promote into my untap and I tag the token or just make a token which I also can hit with karakas

**t4 you attack me for 1, I go to bounce it, you promote it to a 4/4
t5 pass
t5 attack for four, I bounce, and then between now and my next turn you make a 1/1
t6 I bounce it, we're in a 1/1 karakas loop because you're out of mana to do the make->untap->promote trick you did the first time