Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 Card Blind: The Silkster Seasons

Re: 4 Card Blind: The Silkster Seasons

I'm up to ten submissions now, so I'm going to post them shortly unless I find illegal entries. I might be a few minutes late.

Sep 2011

9. FTW: Wistful Thinking, Remand, Cenn's Tactician, Tundra

1. silkster: OTP Wistful Thinking your hand, Remand Negate. OTD you Thoughtseize me, I Remand (or you take Remand), you Negate, then play Nils and win. WL 3-3
    2. dte: OTP Wistful Thinking your hand, Remand your counter. OTD you play Peacekeeper first. If I Remand, you Decisive Denial. I can pay 3 and play Cenn off Tundra, but then I lose to Eater. Or I let Peacekeeper resolve, then you name Cenn, I might be able to discard your Eater but lose to Peacekeeper. WL 3-3
    3. Asthereal: OTP Wistful Thinking your hand. OTD you Thoughtseize me, I Remand it to hand. Now if you play Barren Glory, it won't trigger (Thoughtseize stuck in hand) and Cenn wins. Instead you use the 2nd Petal to replay Thoughtseize to take Cenn and draw. WD 4-1
    4. Reeplcheep: If you ever try to Electro-Wheel, I Remand Wheel to your hand. Then you have enough mana to play Lingering Souls only once, which gets raced by Cenn. If you don't Wheel and hardcast Lingering Souls for 2W, I Remand it to hand, then you lack the mana to recast or Wheel+flashback and can't make tokens. WW 6-0
    5. Dooey: I can't win through Prismari Command & Funeral Charm, so I just save Remand to answer Mother and draw. DD 2-2
    6. jfb1337: OTP Wistful Thinking your hand and win. OTD I can Remand Pact to your hand after Sudden Substitution resolves (my version needed Therapy to clear counters), then discard Trophy and win with Cenn. WW 6-0
    7. Wrath of Pie: OTP Wistful Thinking your hand and win. OTD you play 1 land and Elixir first. I can Remand Elixir, but you replay it, then Elixir gets back your hand if I discard it. WL 3-3
    8. Symbi: OTP you can Negate my Wistful Thinking, but I Remand back, then you Mardu Charm in response (making 2 1/1s), but Cenn beats 2 1/1s. So instead you must use Mardu Charm's discard proactively. On upkeep you try to discard me, I Remand, you Negate, Charm resolves taking Wistful Thinking. Then Swarm Shambler and Cenn stare at each other.
    Edit: OTD you play 2 1/1s and Swarm Shambler, Negating my Remand. I play Cenn. We both grow to 20/20. Then you can attack to force a trade before I can safely multi-block, so the tokens kill me. DL 1-4
    10. GoblinSmashmaster: OTP Wistful Thinking your hand and win. OTD you Thoughtseize me, drawing out Remand, then you can suspend Baloth and Balance to win. WL 3-3

31 points (9 wins, 4 draws, 5 loss)

I considered Tropical Island + Chronomaton instead, in case someone tried to Sudden Sub with Summoner's Pact. Forgot about Swarm Shambler!
    Last edited by FTW; 12-13-2022 at 02:47 PM.

It seemed to me that discard and t1 combo were best, so I went with t0 combo.

1. silkster: Thoughtseize, Negate, Strip Mine, Nils, Discipline Enforcer
    I’m not fast enough to get through all the taxes. LL 0-6

2. dte: Decisive Denial, Eater of Days, Ancient Tomb, Anointed Peacekeeper
    I can always pay the 3 to draw. OTP 4 spirits will definitely race with the head start from eater and tomb. WD 4-1
    Edit: DD 2-2

3. Asthereal: Barren Glory, Lotus Petal, Lotus Petal, Thoughtseize
    T0 combo beats t1 combo. WW 6-0

5. Dooey: Prismari Command, Funeral Charm, Leyline of the Void, Mother of Runes.
    I can always wheel for the draw if needed. If you do nothing on my upkeep, souls hold priority electrodominance you for 2 wins the race. If you command me SSG & 2 Spirits beat charm and mom. If you charm me SSG and 2 spirits also wins.
    WW 6-0

6. jfb1337:Forbidden Orchard, Sudden Substitution, Summoner's Pact, Assassin's Trophy
    T0 combo > T1 combo. WW 6-0

7. Wrath of Pie: Treetop Village, Golgari Rot Farm, Assassin's Trophy, Elixir of Immortality
    Elixir is not memories journey thankfully. WW 6-0

8. Symbi: Mardu Charm, Negate, Swarm Shambler, Forest
    You charm, I force out the negate, and shambled wins the race. LL 0-6

LL 0-6

10. GoblinSmashmaster: As Foretold, Restore Balance, Durkwood Baloth, Thoughtseize
    T0 combo > T1 combo. WW 6-0

10 W 2D 6 L for 32/54
    Last edited by Reeplcheep; 12-14-2022 at 02:10 PM.

Mardu Charm not being able to hit creatures really bites me in the butt. LL 0-6, 0 total.

Same again. LL 0-6, 0 total.

Take barren glory and counter thoughtseize. WW 6-0, 6 total.

4. Reeplcheep: Simian Spirit Guide, Electrodominance, Wheel of Fate, Lingering Souls

Counter Electrodominance. WW 6-0, 12 total.

5. Dooey: Prismari Command, Funeral Charm, Leyline of the Void, Mother of Runes

I counter Prismari Command, but then mom and shambler stare at each other. DD 2-2, 14 total.

6. jfb1337:Forbidden Orchard, Sudden Substitution, Summoner's Pact, Assassin's Trophy

Discard sudden substitution and counter trophy. WW 6-0, 20 total.

7. Wrath of Pie: Treetop Village, Golgari Rot Farm, Assassin's Trophy, Elixir of Immortality

I discard the elixir and counter trophy, then swarm shambler beats treetop village. WW 6-0, 26 total.

That's me!

OTP I cast swarm shambler and make tokens with Mardu charm, negating remand if it shows up. Then you cast Cenn's Tactician on your turn. I then leave swarm shambler to block. If you attack in, I block and pump swarm shambler. If you don't attack, I grow shambler EoT, and you do this alongside me. Then, when shambler gets to 20, I attack in and you must block and grow the tactician. But this leaves you dead to the tokens. OTD I must use charm to discard Wistful, but then you cast tactician and our creatures end up in an eternal arms race. WD 4-1, 30 total. <-- Disagreement here.

10. GoblinSmashmaster: As Foretold, Restore Balance, Durkwood Baloth, Thoughtseize

Discard restore balance, counter thoughtseize, and swarm shambler beats the baloth. WW 6-0, 36 total.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Symbi View Post

OTP I cast swarm shambler and make tokens with Mardu charm, negating remand if it shows up. Then you cast Cenn's Tactician on your turn. I then leave swarm shambler to block. If you attack in, I block and pump swarm shambler. If you don't attack, I grow shambler EoT, and you do this alongside me. Then, when shambler gets to 20, I attack in and you must block and grow the tactician. But this leaves you dead to the tokens. OTD I must use charm to discard Wistful, but then you cast tactician and our creatures end up in an eternal arms race. WD 4-1, 30 total. <-- Disagreement here.
    If you just make 3 creatures, I can still stall because Shambler and Tactician pace each other. Chronomaton mirrors are draws.
    e.g. When you can attack as a 20/20, I have a 20/20 that can block and grow to 21/21. Cenn survives, I take 2 damage, then next turn Cenn can block and kill both your tokens. So instead you never attack and we keep growing forever.

Cenn's Tactician can also block 2 creatures.

Missed the last couple of rounds; my laptop was being repaired so I couldn't access the forums for a while.

dte learned that this idea with pacts struggles against mana sources.
    FTW learned that this idea doesn't work with mana clash.
    How well can I make it work with a way to deal with mana sources at the expense of not dealing with counterspells?
    Answer: not that well.

LL - If I go for the combo you negate pact. On your turn you thoughtseize sub, play nils, and negate trophy.

LL - By your post

WD - OTP I combo, OTD you take sub and I trophy glory.

4. Reeplcheep: Simian Spirit Guide, Electrodominance, Wheel of Fate, Lingering Souls
    LL - You discard my hand in my upkeep

DD - You make me discard 3, but I still have trophy for mother

WW - I combo and trophy village so you can't pay

LL - You negate pact and make tokens with mardu charm

LL - You remand pact and make me discard

WL - OTP I combo, OTD you make me discard

Total: 4W 3D = 15

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    If you just make 3 creatures, I can still stall because Shambler and Tactician pace each other. Chronomaton mirrors are draws.
    e.g. When you can attack as a 20/20, I have a 20/20 that can block and grow to 21/21. Cenn survives, I take 2 damage, then next turn Cenn can block and kill both your tokens. So instead you never attack and we keep growing forever.

I think Symbi is right. In chronomatons mirrors, the one OTP can force the trade.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    I think Symbi is right. In chronomatons mirrors, the one OTP can force the trade.
    Maybe I did the math wrong. In that case, even though I can double block, I can't both trade and kill tokens. DL 1-4

Quick explanation: To grow the creature, you need an untap step. As I am OTP, I will always have one more untap step with the creature than you have during my turn. This means that I grow the creature the same number of times as you, but I also get one extra untap step so I can attack and force a trade.

Feb 2014

0-6.

Me

3-3

2-2. I force you to electrodominance-wheel through tax 3.

6-0. I eat our days.

6-0. I Counter pact if I control it.

6-0. Name and counter trophy.

6-0, eater wins

3-3

6-0. OTD, you lead with thoughtseize, which I counter. If you decide to pay, your remaining mana is not enough to beat either of my threats. If you do not pay, you cannot cast as foretold, or peacekeeper will name balance. if you suspend balance, I win before it resolves.
    Edit: 3-3, as per below.

Sep 2011

6-0. OTD, you lead with thoughtseize, which I counter. If you decide to pay, your remaining mana is not enough to beat either of my threats. If you do not pay, you cannot cast as foretold, or peacekeeper will name balance. if you suspend balance, I win before it resolves.
    OTD
    Goblin T1: Thoughtseize (B), you counter. As Foretold (URW) resolves. Suspend Baloth (G). Cast Balance for 0 -> you have no cards in hand and no permanents

I don't understand how Peacekeeper can name anything, since it doesn't have flash.
    WL 3-3?

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by jfb1337 View Post
    DD - If I go for the combo you denial pact. If you play eater, I steal it. If you play peacekeeper and don't name trophy, I trophy it; and if you do name trophy I steal it and still have trophy for eater. So we stare.
    I play peacekeeper. If you combo in response, I counter pact and win, so you let it resolve.
    I name sudden substitution.
    If you trophy I counter.
    If you pay for the counter I play eater and win, if you do not I win with the peacekeeper.

Feb 2014

OTD
    Goblin T1: Thoughtseize (B), you counter. As Foretold (URW) resolves. Suspend Baloth (G). Cast Balance for 0 -> you have no cards in hand and no permanents

I don't understand how Peacekeeper can name anything, since it doesn't have flash.
    WL 3-3?
    Me not reading As foretold, I thought you were casting on upkeep, and so that I had one turn.
    3-3

I play peacekeeper. If you combo in response, I counter pact and win, so you let it resolve.
    I name sudden substitution.
    If you trophy I counter.
    If you pay for the counter I play eater and win, if you do not I win with the peacekeeper.
    Good point; I missed that if you play peacekeeper off of tomb then you still have mana for counter and eater

BalothSmashmaster Results for Round "Combo again"

Baloth smash, then 2 answers 3-3

Baloth smash, then combo 3-3

Turn 0 :( 0-6

Balance 2-2

Baloth smash, then combo 3-3

Baloth smash, then elixir 3-3

Turn 0 :( 0-6

That's me, on nongoblin combo

Total: 20 points

Last edited by Wrath of Pie; 12-14-2022 at 11:15 AM.

Sep 2011

Edit: 3-3, as per below.
    Do you even win on your play? You can't play everything out at once while holding up a counter.

D: Tomb. Peacekeeper naming Balance. [UGRB remaining, 18 life]
    G: Balance & As Foretold are futile. Instead, Thoughtseize taking Eater, paying WUR for Denial. Suspend Baloth.
    The 3/3 gets 5 attacks [G=3], then Baloth resolves and stabilizes.
    Draw?

Playing Eater on turn 1 (either with Peacekeeper or alone) allows turn 1 Balance & G wins, so allowing Balance seems worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooey View Post
    I had that problem when I tried to make turn 0 decks. I could react with all the answers, but couldn't actually win.

OTP I get mom out, mom stares at nils. OTD you thoughtseize mom and win with nils. DL, +1, 1.
    Can't stop 2 threats. LL, +0, 1.
    OTD I get mom out, OTD you thoughtseize mom. WD, +4, 5.
    You make spirits and win the race. LL, +0, 5.
    Keep assassin's trophy and stare. DD, +2, 7.
    Keep assassin's trophy and stare. DD, +2, 9.
    Keep shambler and stare. DD, +2, 11.
    Keep remand and stare. DD, +2, 13.
    Keep balance or baloth and stare. DD, +2, 15.

Feb 2014

Do you even win on your play? You can't play everything out at once while holding up a counter.

D: Tomb. Peacekeeper naming Balance. [UGRB remaining, 18 life]
    G: Balance & As Foretold are futile. Instead, Thoughtseize taking Eater, paying WUR for Denial. Suspend Baloth.
    The 3/3 gets 5 attacks [G=3], then Baloth resolves and stabilizes.
    Draw?

Playing Eater on turn 1 (either with Peacekeeper or alone) allows turn 1 Balance & G wins, so allowing Balance seems worse..

I would name thoughtseize. So seize cannot resolve. If gob plays as foretold, I counter it and Gob does not have the mana to play seize. Turn 2 I play eater and win before suspended cards can matter. WL still?

Thread Information