Thread: Mishra, claims by gix legacy deck review

Mishra, claims by gix legacy deck review

Hi!

Trying to make a Mishra's deck Rakdos aggro to meld it.

I started with that decklist, as always i'm craving for your reviews and your ideas to make it better!

Deck: Mishra Gix

//Main
    2 Akoum Refuge
    2 Anger
    3 Dark Ritual
    2 Feed the Swarm
    4 Goblin Engineer
    3 Hanweir Garrison
    1 Infernal Grasp
    2 Karlach, Fury of Avernus
    2 Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin
    2 Lightning Greaves
    2 Mishra, Claimed by Gix
    9 Mountain
    2 Phyrexian Dragon Engine
    3 Skullclamp
    4 Sol Ring
    8 Swamp
    1 Toxic Deluge
    2 Victimize
    2 Wurmcoil Engine

Display deck statistics

Thanks again!

Re: Mishra, claims by gix legacy deck review

Hi,

just some random thoughts, I'm sure someone will post a more detailed breakdown:
    - Akoum Refuge is just bad. I'd rather play Shadowblood Ridge or even Smoldering Marsh.
    - The best BR removal is Terminate. Definitely better than Infernal Grasp and probably better than Feed the Swarm.
    - You have too many creatures that cost a lot of mana. I get than Wurmcoil Engine can be dumped by Goblin Engineer and then reanimated, but what is the Karlach for?
    - If you want to reanimate creatures, reasonably budget cards are Exhume and Animate Dead
    - A good way to dump creatures into the graveyard is Buried Alive. But then you're getting into Reanimator territory and have to ask yourself why not just reanimate a Griselbrand

How did the Oko deck fare?

Quote Originally Posted by snugar_i View Post
    Hi,

just some random thoughts, I'm sure someone will post a more detailed breakdown:
    - Akoum Refuge is just bad. I'd rather play Shadowblood Ridge or even Smoldering Marsh.
    - The best BR removal is Terminate. Definitely better than Infernal Grasp and probably better than Feed the Swarm.
    - You have too many creatures that cost a lot of mana. I get than Wurmcoil Engine can be dumped by Goblin Engineer and then reanimated, but what is the Karlach for?
    - If you want to reanimate creatures, reasonably budget cards are Exhume and Animate Dead
    - A good way to dump creatures into the graveyard is Buried Alive. But then you're getting into Reanimator territory and have to ask yourself why not just reanimate a Griselbrand

How did the Oko deck fare?

Hi! Well, to answer the Oko deck, just fine! But i'm playing it not that much cuz it's a friendship breaker lmao.

About that deck, i just wanna play Mishra, even if i know Griselbrand would be the best in a Reanimator deck.
    But i don't know if i must focus the deck around artifact with goblin engineer to invoke the dragon, or lot of creatures for Mishra and anger.

Dark ritual seems weird too..

Thanks for the Terminate tip, just that i own 2 black commander deck so Feed the swarm and Infernal grasp are already mine.

And about lands i have not decided yet what i'll play.

I just found out that Dragonskull Summit is also quite cheap, you might want to check it out (also Sulfurous Springs, but I think you don't like painlands too much )

I just found out that Dragonskull Summit is also quite cheap, you might want to check it out (also Sulfurous Springs, but I think you don't like painlands too much )
    I'll check them out ;)

By the way, i thought about reanimation system to include that build, but the combo Dark ritual - Buried alive - Victimize/Exhume seems way too strong..

Is there a world where i can make a aggro deck with Mishra's card effet with a little bit of reanimation combo?

Sep 2011

Mishra + Dragon Engine looks fun. I like the combo of Goblin Engineer getting Phyrexian Dragon Engine. Very cool!

The support cards could be upgraded.

Terminate and Angrath's Rampage are premium kill spells for Rakdos. Terminate is common! Ravenous Chupacabra and Ob Nixilis Reignited are good value for midrange.

Read the Bones and Ambition's Cost are good draw spells with your Sol Ring mana. They are very cheap right now! Use that extra mana to dig through your deck and find more cards.

Nighthawk Scavenger is a very strong creature. Those are some mean abilities to put together! It's cheap budget too.

Lightning Greaves are expensive! Instead of 2 Greaves, you could do 1 Lightning Greaves + 1 Swiftfoot Boots. Big difference in $$. Goblin Engineer can find them.

Hanweir Garrison is better with 1-2 Hanweir Battlements in the lands.

Skullclamp is for decks with a lot of 1/1s and tokens. This doesn't have enough token theme to be worth 3 Skullclamp. You could play just 1 Skullclamp and find it with Goblin Engineer when you want it.

If you don't build around Reanimation, then you don't need Anger to give haste. Cards like Hammer of Purphoros, Hellraiser Goblin, Purphoros, Bronze-Blooded, Tuktuk Rubblefort or Urabrask the Hidden can also give your creatures haste. Red has many options.

If you do want to do Reanimation, then Anger is good. Also look at cards like Buried Alive (for Anger + Mishra + Dragon Engine), Animate Dead, Victimize, Torrent of Souls, Ever After, Sheoldred, Whispering One. Sol Ring and Dark Ritual will help accelerate into the big spells. When you play that many reanimation spells though then it's hard to also be aggro. It's better to pick a direction.

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by VlaeKD View Post
    Hi!

Trying to make a Mishra's deck Rakdos aggro to meld it.

I started with that decklist, as always i'm craving for your reviews and your ideas to make it better!

//Main
    4 Sol Ring

Display deck statistics

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
    This is VlaeKD, he's playing a no-bans format with his friends and wants to make a new deck from time to time - the first post with this introduction is here: https://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/...t-need-reviews
    The original thread somehow evolved from UR Delver into UW control.
    The next time it was an Oko deck.
    And now Meld Mishra.

@VlaeKD: A card that could fit nicely is Sneak Attack, but that's probably out of your budget...

This is VlaeKD, he's playing a no-bans format with his friends and wants to make a new deck from time to time - the first post with this introduction is here: https://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/...t-need-reviews
    And now Meld Mishra.

@VlaeKD: A card that could fit nicely is Sneak Attack, but that's probably out of your budget...
    After all your reviews, here are my list for both Mishra and Urza deck :

//Main
    1 Anger
    2 Angrath's Rampage
    3 Buried Alive
    3 Dark Ritual
    4 Dragonskull Summit
    2 Exhume
    1 Feed the Swarm
    2 Goblin Engineer
    2 Hanweir Battlements
    3 Hanweir Garrison
    2 Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin
    1 Lightning Greaves
    2 Mishra, Claimed by Gix
    7 Mountain
    2 Nighthawk Scavenger
    1 Ob Nixilis Reignited
    2 Phyrexian Dragon Engine
    2 Read the Bones
    4 Sol Ring
    2 Sulfurous Springs
    7 Swamp
    1 Terminate
    2 Victimize
    2 Wurmcoil Engine

Display deck statistics

I know it must not be most upgraded thing, but again i don't wanna frustrate people by putting all reanimations cards to have a melt Gix on board T3-4.

And Urza's :

Deck: Urza Meld

//Main
    2 Adarkar Wastes
    3 Arcane Proxy
    3 Brainstorm
    1 Celestial Colonnade
    2 Counterspell
    1 Emry, Lurker of the Loch
    2 Etherium Sculptor
    2 Glacial Fortress
    10 Island
    1 Karn, Living Legacy
    2 Liberator, Urza's Battlethopter
    1 Lightning Greaves
    1 Otawara, Soaring City
    3 Patchwork Automaton
    5 Plains
    2 Ponder
    2 Prairie Stream
    3 Sol Ring
    3 Solemn Simulacrum
    2 Swords to Plowshares
    2 The Mightstone and Weakstone
    3 Thoughtcast
    1 Urza, Lord High Artificer
    2 Urza, Lord Protector
    1 Urza, Prince of Kroog

Display deck statistics

For that one i'm just concerned about Sol Ring the 4th, if you got a clue!

Let me know if there are huge mistakes :)

Thanks again!

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

And now Meld Mishra.

Thanks! I didn't know.

Playing Sol Ring in legacy would be a dream come true

Thread Information