Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: March of the Machines Spoiler Thread (or 'What if we put all our lore in a blender?)

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

March of the Machines Spoiler Thread (or 'What if we put all our lore in a blender?)

https://mythicspoiler.com/mom/index.html

Without context, all this is really dumb. No hyperbole, the game isn't ruined or whatever. It just all feels really... dumb

Some examples:

Re: March of the Machines Spoiler Thread (or 'What if we put all our lore in a blende

Mtg MOMmy issues

Re: March of the Machines Spoiler Thread (or 'What if we put all our lore in a blende

7 mana 12/12 mana trample with only upsides is apparently ok now.

Good thing WOTC are idiots nobody cares about the lore anymore.
    They can only do a minimal buildup before they blow their load because they burnout the player base too fast so here we get infinity war part deux.

Imagining that OG Yawgmoth took almost 10k years to prepare to invade 1 plane while slowly infiltrating and taking over others and he got beaten by the McGuffin weapon and the power of friendship while New Phyrexia just goes "fuck it, lets invade everything all at once" after minimal preparations and no other invaded worlds.
    Given that only Newtol Bolas recently failed with a similar plan, it's getting old and only begs the question where to go after this?

Now we just need our Chandra Liliana planeswalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    Now we just need our Chandra Liliana planeswalker.

Chandra is too busy with bacon.

Meanwhile:

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    7 mana 12/12 mana trample with only upsides is apparently ok now.

Good thing WOTC are idiots nobody cares about the lore anymore.
    They can only do a minimal buildup before they blow their load because they burnout the player base too fast so here we get infinity war part deux.

Imagining that OG Yawgmoth took almost 10k years to prepare to invade 1 plane while slowly infiltrating and taking over others and he got beaten by the McGuffin weapon and the power of friendship while New Phyrexia just goes "fuck it, lets invade everything all at once" after minimal preparations and no other invaded worlds.
    Given that only Newtol Bolas recently failed with a similar plan, it's getting old and only begs the question where to go after this?
    Flowstone is for idiots. Chad phyrexians used a tree

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Flowstone is for idiots. Chad phyrexians used a tree
    Tree is the carbon neutral alternative to portals.
    While the Flowstone was not needed for the planeswalking, still no need for nano machines, son, for girlboss Norn.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

I wanted a new Thalia, but not like this...

Faerie Mastermind looks cheap enough to be playable. I wonder how good it's going to be.

Mana cost is kinda iffy, but the abilties look kinda decent. Vigilance is nice to have compared to regular Linvala.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

This is probably a stupid complaint but I don't care. Typically I hate the "[Person] and [Other Person]" legendary cards. They piss me off, being like two creatures but on one card, I'm not sure why

It's kinda like... like it's just an awkward flavor fail i guess? Like why are there two guys, it just says "Creature" on it. Like why does it send them both farming if I StP one; how could Laverne and Shirley be standing so close together that a single target spell hit both of them? It's a dumb thing to get annoyed at and I know that, but it just bugs me
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    This is probably a stupid complaint but I don't care. Typically I hate the "[Person] and [Other Person]" legendary cards. They piss me off, being like two creatures but on one card, I'm not sure why

It's kinda like... like it's just an awkward flavor fail i guess? Like why are there two guys, it just says "Creature" on it. Like why does it send them both farming if I StP one; how could Laverne and Shirley be standing so close together that a single target spell hit both of them? It's a dumb thing to get annoyed at and I know that, but it just bugs me
    I get it, but like what's the alternative? Partner's with is a garbo way to handle it.
    Minsc and Boo method of token creation makes one seem as a tacked on addon. Of course the opposite of that is to give Ragavan his own card.
    Brother's Yamazaki was a cute way to do it, they're just twins! (also Bros Yamazaki should have partner or whatever is required to run the two of them together as commanders.)

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Phyrexia: All will be One can only be defeated by Coalition: All will be Two
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    Phyrexia: All will be One can only be defeated by Coalition: All will be Two

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

I get it, but like what's the alternative? Partner's with is a garbo way to handle it.
    Minsc and Boo method of token creation makes one seem as a tacked on addon. Of course the opposite of that is to give Ragavan his own card.
    Brother's Yamazaki was a cute way to do it, they're just twins! (also Bros Yamazaki should have partner or whatever is required to run the two of them together as commanders.)
    It feels forced the way they've done it. Cards like Vendilion Clique are more organic because you can imagine the group living and fighting together always. Minsc, Beloved Ranger or Kari Zev, Skyship Raider feel organic too because the token character *is* tacked on.

I can't wait for Ron Weasley and Samwise Gamgee. It'll break Commander through the power of friendship

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    It feels forced the way they've done it. Cards like Vendilion Clique are more organic because you can imagine the group living and fighting together always. Minsc, Beloved Ranger or Kari Zev, Skyship Raider feel organic too because the token character *is* tacked on.

I can't wait for Ron Weasley and Samwise Gamgee. It'll break Commander through the power of friendship
    Guarantee it loses to Lucina and Spider-Man, the more cursed the pairing the stronger it is IRL

Also good call on the exception factor, like none of the Orzhovan Ghost Councils get under my skin as much as the other ones and I think that's why. They have an actual joined quality to them unlike the Bert and Ernie style cards

Also some of this is just pants-on-head, why is Thalia riding the Gitrog Monster and why does it give him -2/-2 and why am I even trying to make it make sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

This is just wanting me to duct off MvC2
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    Fringe playable in Dredge?

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Three mana Planewalkers can be pretty good. Not sure about this one, seems decent, 4 starting Loyalty isn't bad. Not high impact on turn 3, but maybe turn 2 with Noble Hierarch or something?

(Also, if you plus one this on a Land, you can then +1 Minsc & Boo, Timeless Heroes on it. You won't have Trample, but you will have Hexproof.)
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/BPqMJHE.png

Three mana Planewalkers can be pretty good. Not sure about this one, seems decent, 4 starting Loyalty isn't bad. Not high impact on turn 3, but maybe turn 2 with Noble Hierarch or something?

(Also, if you plus one this on a Land, you can then +1 Minsc & Boo, Timeless Heroes on it. You won't have Trample, but you will have Hexproof.)
    To me, it seems like a niche card at best. That +1 doesn't seem like it's that good if you're tapped out. I guess you don't actually have to pick a land, but I'm not sure it's great against creature removal either, and the -2 is a pretty slow way to get extra cards. Legacy also already has good multi-color mana bases, so the fixing passive isn't that compelling.

That passive in a blood moon deck, change my mind

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

That passive in a blood moon deck, change my mind
    Doesn't get the passive get deleted due to time stamps if the BM is played after it? And GG is kinda iffy under BM if you're affected by it.

Thread Information