Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: March of the Machines Spoiler Thread (or 'What if we put all our lore in a blender?)

Re: March of the Machines Spoiler Thread (or 'What if we put all our lore in a blende

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    I feel like damage putting counters on it would have been better templating but that probably makes it "too good" with proliferate.
    At least "removing the last counter" makes it not work with "can't have counters" stuff and makes it good to Stifle.
    We'll have to wait for the official rules but that seems right
    ... At the moment at least

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Re: March of the Machines Spoiler Thread (or 'What if we put all our lore in a blende

So battles can be damaged directly - makes you wonder how that works with "any target" burn spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post

So battles can be damaged directly - makes you wonder how that works with "any target" burn spells.
    I'd suppose "normal" in that it's any target?

This one is pretty neat through.

"Any target" includes battle targets

'Fairie Dwarf'

Hmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlima View Post
    'Fairie Dwarf'

Hmmmmm.

The mutant ninja turtle is only a matter of days now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    The mutant ninja turtle is only a matter of days now.
    Sounds like it's Secret Lair time!

Mar 2007

While it's more conditional (and slower for immediate use) than Ramunap, it's also cheaper. Maybe useful in Merfolk with a green splash to start a Wasteland lock?

While it's more conditional (and slower for immediate use) than Ramunap, it's also cheaper. Maybe useful in Merfolk with a green splash to start a Wasteland lock?
    UG No Lands for old Fish dot dec feat Rishadan Dockhand?
    Might have potential even though it sounds pretty dumb.

I feel like this might have some applications somewhere.
    However, I'm starting to dislike the "exile and cast until end of next turn" template as it seems like this the only thing read gets now.
    It's good to see other colors than blue getting card advantage for once but it seems a bit boring.

This ramps and Ramunap does not. This isn't Legacy playable tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Blood View Post
    This ramps and Ramunap does not. This isn't Legacy playable tho.
    I think a 2 mana creature that brings back Wasteland should be playable in Legacy. I feel like Maverick will probably slot in at least 1x, even if this doesn't become a 4x centerpiece for a deck.

Fair enough. It could be a GSZ target. But in that role, it just feels like a worse version of Ramunap/KOTR/Reclaimer. It costs one less but considering you will have to wait a whole turn and then successfully attack before triggering the ability, it is effectively just as slow as searching up Ramunap. Ultimately, if you're successfully attacking with this, you probably are already winning the game and the ability is overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoshim View Post
    I think a 2 mana creature that brings back Wasteland should be playable in Legacy. I feel like Maverick will probably slot in at least 1x, even if this doesn't become a 4x centerpiece for a deck.
    Basically it costs the same as Tarmogoyf, and is only better than Tarmogoyf in very rare situations. That means its at best niche playable. Which, looking at the card, feels about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Final Fortune View Post
    Fringe playable in Dredge?
    Was it before?

This seems pretty decent at only 2 mana/3 damage.

The first card that looked playable to me:

Mar 2007

This one looks interesting. Can Ruby Storm make use of this?

Thoughts about this one?

This one looks interesting. Can Ruby Storm make use of this?

Thoughts about this one?

I think the first will find a home somewhere
    And the second if you have the gas for the back side you probably aren't spending the 3 to transform

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Does monored storm need another Birgi? Ehhhh…?
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Like I don’t think I’ve seen a list even running the full play set yet. And Birgi does not actually have the legendary drawback in a meaningful way so don’t bring that up.
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

Thread Information