Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: LOTR Tales from Middle Earth: Our Burden To Bear Is a Purple Gandalf the Gray

Feb 2014

Re: LOTR Tales from Middle Earth: Our Burden To Bear Is a Purple Gandalf the Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    Nobody gave a shit about Adventurous Impulse so I doubt this will see any play.
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdsOfParadise View Post
    Ehhh, I’m not sold. Natural Selection can still target the opponent and you can choose to shuffle their library.
    Natural selection is unplayable as it is carddisadvantage.

https://mythicspoiler.com/ltr/cards/elvenfarsight.html
    is also much better than Adventurous Impulse: Impulse only potentially replace itself with a creature, while farsight allows you to additionally filter your top, eg find your second land an/or ensuring live draws.

So farsight is like advanturous Impulse + scry 2, a very large improvement. Additional bonus, it can still draw you a card if the first creature card is the fourth from top. I don't know if these two bonuses are enough for it to be played though.

Re: LOTR Tales from Middle Earth: Our Burden To Bear Is a Purple Gandalf the Gray

However, Elven Farsight is worse than Adventurous Impulse vs. Narset, Hullbreacher, and Faerie Mastermind due to being a draw effect. It also doesn't let you draw a land. I think the scry of EF is strong though, so it will probably see some play in creature-heavy decks.

The era of slip out the back is over, The era of Gladriels Dismissal is now.

Thread Information