Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: LOTR Tales from Middle Earth: Our Burden To Bear Is a Purple Gandalf the Gray

Re: LOTR Tales from Middle Earth: Our Burden To Bear Is a Purple Gandalf the Gray

Everyone post your favorite deck from before 2002

Re: LOTR Tales from Middle Earth: Our Burden To Bear Is a Purple Gandalf the Gray

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Everyone post your favorite deck from before 2002
    Invincible Counter Troll

Anyone else a bit surprised with WotC casting Idris Elba as Aragorn?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    Anyone else a bit surprised with WotC casting Idris Elba as Aragorn?
    The worst people Online are very mad about it.

The worst people Online are very mad about it.
    Initially I thought he reminded me of a de-balded Teferi, but he looks so much like Elba it's uncanny.
    Took me way too long to realize.

While I don't mind and it doesn't seem to go against the source material, playing race-roulette with every character in every set seems a inconsistent and vitrue-signally.

playing race-roulette with every character in every set seems a inconsistent and vitrue-signally.
    Yeah no shit that's the point. Brand knows they can engage with more people if Brand includes people of different races.

Yeah no shit that's the point. Brand knows they can engage with more people if Brand includes people of different races.
    There is a difference between doing that consistently and naturally versus the planeteers and the diversity squad every set.

The Visions block was an african themed in 97.
    Prophecy was a whole set dedicated to the same setting defending themselves against a white bred-for-war super humans, coming for their oil.
    The original Kamigawa tells japanese-inspired stories, Ixalan very much a perspective of native americans during the spanish conquest.

What doesn't empower or represent anyone is race-swapping, or gender-swapping for that matter, an existing character.
    That is just lazy.
    You can either let people from different backgrounds tell their stories or having characters have their own story.
    Teferi is a prime example.

Anyway, I won't pursue this further as it's not going anywhere./rant

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

That is just lazy.
    Lazy art and story in MTG? No way!

OK, on a more serious note, this card seems maybe decent?
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

There is a difference between doing that consistently and naturally versus the planeteers and the diversity squad every set.
    No there's not, lol.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

So does Orcish Bowmasters only trigger once each turn, or for each draw?
    Is Brainstorm from the opponent now also a Lightning Bolt & 3/3 for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    So does Orcish Bowmasters only trigger once each turn, or for each draw?
    Is Brainstorm from the opponent now also a Lightning Bolt & 3/3 for you?
    Each Draw, plus one trigger for ETB. Hypothetically, flashed in in response to a Brainstorm, it would be 4 damage and a 4/4 Orc Army, plus the 1/1 Bowmaster.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

So it's 1B for a slightly weaker Underworld Dreams + token generation, all on a Flash creature? No pushed cards here. Just surprised its rare instead of Mythic.

These orcs are pretty insane.
    Even in response to a draw 1 it's 3 power and 2 damage for 2.

Other interesting bits:

Unsurprisingly mono W/hoomans get some pretty strong cards.

These orcs are pretty insane.
    Saurumon sure knew how to build them

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Slightly weaker in that it misses the draw step, so I guess honest to goodness fair decks can just ignore it.
    But holy moly, against cantrip decks, especially in multiples, this thing will put in work

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    Slightly weaker in that it misses the draw step, so I guess honest to goodness fair decks can just ignore it.
    But holy moly, against cantrip decks, especially in multiples, this thing will put in work
    craziest thing is the damage pings are "any target", not just drawing player

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    craziest thing is the damage pings are "any target", not just drawing player
    This card actually looks amazing! Seems around Opposition Agent level of power. Not a must play but I am sure this will see some niche play in Legacy for sure.

it is just weaker than spirit of the labyrinth, so i don' t think it is good enough

Quote Originally Posted by adrieng View Post
    it is just weaker than spirit of the labyrinth, so i don' t think it is good enough
    This both kills Spirit and is Asymetrical.

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

You sure? This has flash and puts 3 damage divided over 3 sources when it comes into play, so a 3/1 is breaking even at minimum.

This thing is on a short list of cards to flash in response to Teferi, Time Raveler and spoil their day. Bouncing the Bowmaster leaves behind a 1/1 that will clean up not even counting Bowmaster coming down again on your turn, bouncing the token just kills the Teferi, they could only really go for a +1 which is super anemic.

Just seems there are fewer decks this isn't good against than decks that not.

Thread Information