Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LOTR Tales from Middle Earth: Our Burden To Bear Is a Purple Gandalf the Gray

LOTR Tales from Middle Earth: Our Burden To Bear Is a Purple Gandalf the Gray

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Re: LOTR Tales from Middle Earth: Our Burden To Bear Is a Purple Gandalf the Gray

I like the idea of the basic lands, but the execution in the form of "baby's first use of the crop tool" is a disappointment on what I expect will be a deep level.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Re: LOTR Tales from Middle Earth: Our Burden To Bear Is a Purple Gandalf the Gray

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    I like the idea of the basic lands, but the execution in the form of "baby's first use of the crop tool" is a disappointment on what I expect will be a deep level.
    I've felt this way about most full arts as they added bigger bars around the names, and now on basics the text too.

That said the planes is really good compared to the other 4.

Not that it's likely to matter much in legacy, but the ring can get out of hand in combination with Mind over matter. Maybe there's some weird possibility with Dross Scorpion,Clock of Omens or Paradox Engine.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

I really liked the Shire plains, and Gray Havens Island is fine, but the rest are kind of dumb.

Also the Ring not being an equipment that gives equipped creature some form of invisibility is obviously stupid
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    I really liked the Shire plains, and Gray Havens Island is fine, but the rest are kind of dumb.

Also the Ring not being an equipment that gives equipped creature some form of invisibility is obviously stupid
    A planeswalker choosing to give the ring to some rando they summoned instead of keeping it themselves is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    A planeswalker choosing to give the ring to some rando they summoned instead of keeping it themselves is stupid.
    Equip target player, hobbit, kithkin, gnome or other smallish non-hobbit hobbit race.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    Equip target player, hobbit, kithkin, gnome or other smallish non-hobbit hobbit race.
    Again, why are you giving anyone but yourself the ring?

Again, why are you giving anyone but yourself the ring?
    To tank the curse and wrath of Sauron obviously.

They could have just planeswalked to the mountain is a whole new meme level.

To tank the curse and wrath of Sauron obviously.

They could have just planeswalked to the mountain is a whole new meme level.
    I get the feeling you didn't read the book

I get the feeling you didn't read the book
    Only the book on shitposting :)

Only the book on shitposting :)
    I always forget that dril wrote a book.

Mordor is anything but a swamp.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Ignoring that planeswalkers aren’t a thing in Middle Earth, if the idea is that the player is supposed to be wearing the ring then it should make them invisible. That’s still overthinking it, though.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by jmlima View Post
    Mordor is anything but a swamp.
    Yeah that’s a weird choice if Wizards wants to keep insisting black isn’t the evil color

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Yeah that’s a weird choice if Wizards wants to keep insisting black isn’t the evil color
    Well yeah, Mordor isn't an evil place, Sauron and Morgoth before him just had... a different point of view, is all.
    The whole thing just gets blown out of proportion really
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Ignoring that planeswalkers aren’t a thing in Middle Earth,
    Wait for more spoilers
    if the idea is that the player is supposed to be wearing the ring then it should make them invisible. That’s still overthinking it, though.
    Invisible, like not being able to be Damaged, Enchanted, Blocked, or Targeted by anything when you put it on?

Well yeah, Mordor isn't an evil place, Sauron and Morgoth before him just had... a different point of view, is all.
    The whole thing just gets blown out of proportion really
    There was this old Soviet retelling of LOTR from the Mordorian prospective where everything we know about middle earth is propaganda spread by the other countries and that Mordor was just mechanizing or soemthing. I don't know I didn't fully read it.

There was this old Soviet retelling of LOTR from the Mordorian prospective where everything we know about middle earth is propaganda spread by the other countries and that Mordor was just mechanizing or soemthing. I don't know I didn't fully read it.
    There's this classic from The Guardian.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Better, white Remand. Yep.

Thread Information