Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: LOTR Tales from Middle Earth: Our Burden To Bear Is a Purple Gandalf the Gray

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Re: LOTR Tales from Middle Earth: Our Burden To Bear Is a Purple Gandalf the Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post

Better, white Remand. Yep.
    Based af, I've always felt like Remand would have made more sense in White

Granted it probably won't actually do anything, but like... hooray it exists
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Re: LOTR Tales from Middle Earth: Our Burden To Bear Is a Purple Gandalf the Gray

I'm going to stick it on an Isochron Scepter, not even Abrupt Decay can stop me now!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    I'm going to stick it on an Isochron Scepter, not even Abrupt Decay can stop me now!
    Curses! The dreaded second decay that was actually the first decay

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Wait for more spoilers

Invisible, like not being able to be Damaged, Enchanted, Blocked, or Targeted by anything when you put it on?
    For one turn?
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post

Better, white Remand. Yep.
    This does make me happy

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Lava Snacks View Post
    There's this classic from The Guardian.

More human nations are allied with Sauron than oppose him. Largely because Gondor was an oppressive imperialistic power before their decline, as evidenced by helping the Rohirrim commit genocide on the Dunlendings and Druedain and steal their land.

Would Reprieve be worth it in a storm deck to recast the Grapeshot or something? Or is it generally just easier to build storm count instead of working in the extra mana?

Quote Originally Posted by Whoshim View Post
    Would Reprieve be worth it in a storm deck to recast the Grapeshot or something? Or is it generally just easier to build storm count instead of working in the extra mana?
    When was the last time you have seen Remand in storm?

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    For one turn?
    Correct, you shouldn't wear it for very long.
    WOTC nanny state protects planeswalkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    In modern? The answer is the last time I saw storm, a handful of months before MH2
    In Legacy? I don't think ever.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    Well yeah, Mordor isn't an evil place, Sauron and Morgoth before him just had... a different point of view, is all.
    The whole thing just gets blown out of proportion really
    Indeed, as this book correctly advocates, the all orcs and Sauron thing are fantasy written by the victors to demonize their opponents.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Ringbearer

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    In modern? The answer is the last time I saw storm, a handful of months before MH2
    In Legacy? I don't think ever.
    IIRC Remand was very occasionally played in High Tide decks back in the stone age.

I do think that one of the issues with color balance is that blue has way too much control over the stack relative to the other colors, and that I like seeing stuff like reprieve that pushes against that.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    IIRC Remand was very occasionally played in High Tide decks back in the stone age.

I do think that one of the issues with color balance is that blue has way too much control over the stack relative to the other colors, and that I like seeing stuff like reprieve that pushes against that.
    But isn't this going to be essentially used in blue based decks?

Quote Originally Posted by jmlima View Post
    Indeed, as this book correctly advocates, the all orcs and Sauron thing are fantasy written by the victors to demonize their opponents.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Ringbearer
    That's the one I was talking about!

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post

I used to play it in Spring Tide lmao, it felt good at the time. Sometimes it was a counter, sometimes it let you go Brain Freeze into Remand into Brain Freeze if you wanted to go off with a lower Storm count... I played around Gaea's Blessing with it once, I felt pretty okay about that
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

I think the goal is that, say, black/white decks could have stack interaction that feels black/white, just like blue and green get creature removal like Prey Upon and Unsummon.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    2008 roughly

So like, fair enough

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

It has always been very dumb that only one color can meaningfully interact with the stack so the more they change that the better

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by jmlima View Post
    But isn't this going to be essentially used in blue based decks?
    No, you do have the exact same card in blue (better for manabase and FoW), which so little play.

It could offer some nonU decks stack interactions. The trouble is to have a non U deck that do not want to tap out on its turn. That would require more/better instant that bring threats. Even a card like collected company (if it were better) is counterproductive, as it pushes you to want creatures in your deck (tap out during your turn).
    The closest I could think of strategy wise would the old astral drift, which definitely does not want this kind of card.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

The issue is you want redundancy with counters, all the more so with a short term counter, so the card by itself won't likely see much Legacy play, but if it signals a widening of counterspells into white then it could have significant impact combined with other cards. Maybe.

It could also end up being a meta answer to a card like Supreme Verdict or something, I suppose.

Thread Information