Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: LOTR Tales from Middle Earth: Our Burden To Bear Is a Purple Gandalf the Gray

Re: LOTR Tales from Middle Earth: Don't Tempt Me!

https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/st...941911552?s=20

Call of the Ring

At the beginning of your upkeep, the Ring tempts you.
    Whenever you choose a creature as your Ring-bearer, you may pay 2 life. If you do, draw a card.

The Ring Tempts You:
    As the Ring tempts you, you get an emblem named The Ring if you don't have one. Then your emblem gains its next ability and you choose a creature you control to become or remain your Ring-bearer.

The Ring
    1. Your Ring-bearer is legendary and can't be blocked by creatures with greater power.
    2. Whenever your Ringbearer attacks, draw a card, then discard a card.
    3. Whenever your Ringbearer becomes blocked by a creature, that creature's controller sacrifices it at end of combat.
    4. Whenever your Ringbearer deals combat damage to a player, each opponet loses 3 life.

NOTE:
    • The Ring can tempt you even if you don't control a creature.
    • The Ring gains its abilities in order from top to bottom. Once it gains an ability it has that ability for the rest of the game.
    • Each time the Ring tempts you, you must choose a creature if you control one.
    • Each player can have only one emblem named The Ring and only one Ring-bearer at a time.

Re: LOTR Tales from Middle Earth: Our Burden To Bear Is a Purple Gandalf the Gray

The ring is alll upside, baybe.

But thankfully doesn't auto advance like Initiative and just moves around as a trigger.

Re: LOTR Tales from Middle Earth: Our Burden To Bear Is a Purple Gandalf the Gray

Also Sauron is here

Hooray for perpetual spoiler season.

Can't wait for the ring to be the next initiative.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    Hooray for perpetual spoiler season.

Can't wait for the ring to be the next initiative.
    Spoiler season tempts everyone you.

The spoiler tempts you
    You buy a card and lose five dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    The spoiler tempts you
    You buy a card and lose five dollars.
    Seems too good, five dollars is rather cheap for a spoiled card.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

"Black isn't just the color of evil!"

Sauron, an explicitly fire and metallurgy themed character driven by a desire to create a world of perfect order free from entropy and decay:
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Delighted Halfling
    G
    1/2
    Creature- Halfling Citizen
    T: Add C
    T: Add one mana of any color. Spend this mana only to cast a legendary spell, and that spell can’t be countered

Well this card is going to be really fucking dumb

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    Delighted Halfling
    G
    1/2
    Creature- Halfling Citizen
    T: Add C
    T: Add one mana of any color. Spend this mana only to cast a legendary spell, and that spell can’t be countered

Well this card is going to be really fucking dumb
    What's the worst thing you can do with it? Casting uncounterable Uros or Planeswalkers?

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    What's the worst thing you can do with it? Casting uncounterable Uros or Planeswalkers?
    T2 teferi?

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

T2 teferi?
    Narset/Uro/Teferi into Omnath
    Last edited by TheInfamousBearAssassin; 05-06-2023 at 04:35 PM.

4 Delighted Halfling
    4 Minsc and Boo
    4 Uro
    4 Dress Down
    4 Dreadnought
    + Xerox Shell

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    4 Delighted Halfling
    + Xerox Shell
    Ubiquitous legacy deck building.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    4 Delighted Halfling
    4 Minsc and Boo
    4 Uro
    4 Dress Down
    4 Dreadnought
    + Xerox Shell
    Don't dox me

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    "Black isn't just the color of evil!"

Sauron, an explicitly fire and metallurgy themed character driven by a desire to create a world of perfect order free from entropy and decay:
    Black isn’t the color of evil! It’s just the color of having no regard for community or others’ well-being while using death and slavery as primary means of gratifying its own self-interest and increasing its power. Big difference.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsOfParadise View Post
    Black isn’t the color of evil! It’s just the color of having no regard for community or others’ well-being while using death and slavery as primary means of gratifying its own self-interest and increasing its power. Big difference.
    I swear in one of those old color pie articles Maro said something like, "Black isn't just the color of evil- it's also the color of capitalism" completely unironically

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post

Better, white Remand. Yep.
    10 FUCKING YEARS LATE, they finally print the card WGR Astral Drift truly needs to take over after they killed damage on the stack.

off the top of my head:

Creatures: 8
    2x Eternal Dragon
    2x Eternal Witness
    4x Drannith Stinger

Sorceries: 10
    4x Edge of Autumn
    4x Sweltering Suns
    2x Life from The Loam

Instants: 10
    4x Reprieve
    3x Wilt
    2x Radiant's Judgment
    3x Zenith Flare

Enchantments: 8
    4x Astral Drift
    4x Lightning Rift

Lands: 24
    2x Emeria, the Sky Ruin
    4x Jetmir's Garden
    4x Flagstones of Trokair
    1x Heliod's Hall of Generosity
    3x Savannah
    3x Plateau
    2x Plains
    1x Forest
    1x Mountain
    3x Wasteland

I mean, there's an absolute ton of other directions you can go here and I'd honestly prefer a colorshifted Memory Lapse (for 2 mana, not 3 which is unplayable) over Reprieve, but I'll take what I can get. Getting a playable counter in white is just such a huge upgrade for any white/not blue controllish deck. WGB, WRB, WGR, all just got dramatically stronger here.

Damage on the stack was dumb and I'm glad it's dead.

Damage on the stack was dumb and I'm glad it's dead.
    Agreed, but it was one of the big things Slide had going for it, letting stuff like Eternal Witness trade favorably.

Thread Information