Thread: Bloody Rose

Bloody Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Re: Bloody Rose

I think 1 or 2 Recurring Nightmare would be nice in a list like this. They could also replace Saw in Half. Recurring Nightmare is more reliable (since the sacrifice and return to hand are part of the cost). Saw in Half could lead to you getting 2-for-1ed.

I don't know what the plan is for Pin Collection. I feel like there are a number of other cards that would just be better here (Hymn to Tourach or Gerard's Verdict for discarding, various other ETB/Dies creatures).

Sep 2011

Wow that looks like an Unglued deck. It looks fun.

I don't know enough about the Attraction and Sticker mechanics to comment re: Legacy.

I've tried the Miracle creatures before. Saint Katherine is pretty good if you have Brainstorm + Ponder/Portent to set up the top card. I was less impressed by Sister Repentia. She's great when the Christmasland thing works, but awkward otherwise. It doesn't help that she needs WB to Miracle but U to set up the top card, and requires you to squeeze in more card selection. Baleful Strix and SFM are more reliable 2-mana value creatures.

I'd play SFM over the Sister. Then you can cut down to 1 Pin Collection and replace the other with Kaldra.

Or you could consider going up to 80 cards and playing Yorion. Then you can fit in more fun tech while also fitting in staples. Yorion has good synergy with your creatures.

Nov 2010
    Wisconsin

What are your thoughts on your roll numbers for the attractions deck? I've heard 2 opinions so far: spread them out across all numbers or load them all up on 3, 4, and 6.

Also, I know you're not in green, but The Most Dangerous Gamer has been the best attractions card I've tested so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by danpo View Post
    At minimum I'd say it outclasses Beetleback Chief.

Quote Originally Posted by Zupponn View Post
    What are your thoughts on your roll numbers for the attractions deck? I've heard 2 opinions so far: spread them out across all numbers or load them all up on 3, 4, and 6.

Also, I know you're not in green, but The Most Dangerous Gamer has been the best attractions card I've tested so far.
    Definitely want to try Gamer soon! I've been wondering about the numbers too...my gut says to spread them out to get more consistent value. I don't think I'm running enough attraction cards for it to matter too much though.
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Started 3-2 but finished 3-3 to miss top 8 (very close g3 to shadow) but really fun event anyway. My first paper magic since 2019 I think. Beat delver with Space Jace to make my creatures unblockable 😎. Didn't change too much, wanted to try the original idea before changing stuff (Goldfish link below). Beat UR Delver, 8 cast, Sneak and Show...lost to combo elves, breakfast, and shadow. Shadow was very close but elves and breakfast felt rough...think like opposition agent maybe or pengineer in the sb to help. Kaldra was an issue. Pin collection was good but you never want to see two usually so I think I'd cut one of those. Trying to play chrome mox turn 1 and then brainstorm to set up a turn 2 sister just wasn't necessary as triumph and sister repentia were great basically always. So I think I'd cut one pin collection, 4 chrome mox for 2 ponder, the 4th malakir rebirth, and two more lands to start.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/5541589#paper

Winter Maze

Sep 2011

Nice result. If you keep all the Miracle creatures, adding Ponder should help set up Miracles. Ponder should also be better mana fixing than Chrome Mox.

You could play Stoneforge Mystic with 1 Kaldra Compleat and 1 Pin Collection. That would help you find Pin Collection without ever having 2. If you're losing to unfair decks more than fair decks though, maybe Stoneforge doesn't help.

Vs Breakfast, how did you board? I think you would want a lot of that SB: +4 Thoughtseize (combo), +3 StP (creature-based combo), +2 Dress Down (counters Thassa trigger), +3 Faerie Macabre (graveyard-based combo). But then you have to find a lot of space to cut. What would you cut for PEngineer or Opposition Agent? Do you bring in more than 12 cards?

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Nice result. If you keep all the Miracle creatures, adding Ponder should help set up Miracles. Ponder should also be better mana fixing than Chrome Mox.

You could play Stoneforge Mystic with 1 Kaldra Compleat and 1 Pin Collection. That would help you find Pin Collection without ever having 2. If you're losing to unfair decks more than fair decks though, maybe Stoneforge doesn't help.

Vs Breakfast, how did you board? I think you would want a lot of that SB: +4 Thoughtseize (combo), +3 StP (creature-based combo), +2 Dress Down (counters Thassa trigger), +3 Faerie Macabre (graveyard-based combo). But then you have to find a lot of space to cut. What would you cut for PEngineer or Opposition Agent? Do you bring in more than 12 cards?
    Thanks, yeah the deck definitely needs ponder I think. I put stoneforge in then cut it before the event, might of been wrong to cut it. Breakfast was round 1 and tbh I was too focused trying to play the game correctly after 3+ years to play anywhere near optimal. I brought in 3 stp, 2 dress down, and deny the witch. I think the cards like macabre that deal with the combo but not saga or stoneforge->kaldra aren't good enough. I probably should have brought in seize though. I think the deck needs a card like opposition agent since it's not running fow.

Winter Maze

Thread Information