Thread: Tinfoil Hats say the end of the Reserve List in our lifetime is now

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Tinfoil Hats say the end of the Reserve List in our lifetime is now

Check out this announcement

Are we going to see "not" tournament legal RL cards printed so stores can run "not" sanctioned tournaments?
    Like they'll be 6 rounds with a cut to Top 8, but sorry we can't award any Planeswalker Points to the winner.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Re: Tinfoil Hats say the end of the Reserve List in our lifetime is now

The reserved list isn't real

We already had this. Flopped massively due to cartoonish greed.
    At that point there would also be no difference between "official" proxies and just writing on a basic.

Are PW points still a thing?
    Does anyone care about that?
    Especially in the eternal or commander community?

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    We did and it did, you're right.
    They were also framed in this NFT amorphous "collectable" slant to them, opening with garbage like CELEBRATE MAGICíS MOST ICONIC TREASURES next to a $1,000 buy it now button.
    They were marketed as something to buy and not open, which is an odd thing to do for a playable game piece, so it tanked hard, we all remember.

This article is framed much differently though. It doesn't shove Black Lotus and Timetwister in your face in the opening lines, it shows a $2 Counterspell.
    It calls them playtest cards, cards for playing with. If these are produced and, most critically, not marketed in any way as "collectable", then this could be something.

I'm not totally convinced that's what this article is, but there's sure a lot of talk that way in other corners of the internet is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    We did and it did, you're right.
    They were also framed in this NFT amorphous "collectable" slant to them, opening with garbage like CELEBRATE MAGICíS MOST ICONIC TREASURES next to a $1,000 buy it now button.
    They were marketed as something to buy and not open, which is an odd thing to do for a playable game piece, so it tanked hard, we all remember.

This article is framed much differently though. It doesn't shove Black Lotus and Timetwister in your face in the opening lines, it shows a $2 Counterspell.
    It calls them playtest cards, cards for playing with. If these are produced and, most critically, not marketed in any way as "collectable", then this could be something.

I'm not totally convinced that's what this article is, but there's sure a lot of talk that way in other corners of the internet is all.
    With that much non-info there is little point in speculating especially with a company which exceeds in "subverting" expectations.
    At the end of the day it's probably just these playtest cards but with existing cards as booster filler.
    Or just nothing and it was just a joke.

The only smart thing I could see WotC doing is doing these non-announcements and then looking at the media echoes to announce what people actually want.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    At that point there would also be no difference between "official" proxies and just writing on a basic.
    You pointed to a sold out page. It might have flopped but the cards are worth a ton.

Are PW points still a thing?
    Does anyone care about that?
    Especially in the eternal or commander community?
    No.
    Sorta: I cared about the match history.
    Many constructed players I know did also.

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    You pointed to a sold out page. It might have flopped but the cards are worth a ton.

No.
    Sorta: I cared about the match history.
    Many constructed players I know did also.
    I heard that they pulled it and gave them out on GPs or whatever they are called now.
    Admittedly, I don't really care but I remember a really bad media response.
    There are also very few sales to track actual prices.

While people do care about their match results/rating, I think pricing out more people out of the format is not helping.
    If the alternative is not getting to play at all, I'd guess most people wouldn't mind proxies.

Thread Information