Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 Card Blind: Ban-Back Better

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: 4 Card Blind: Ban-Back Better

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    I want to do a test round to see if I have all the behind-the-scenes stuff setup right. And to sample a round.
    Please submit your deck. 6am Monday is the deadline.
    I got sick and missed a few days of forum. And other stuff, but that's not important now.
    When's the deadline? Next Monday? Which timezone should I count for 6AM?
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    I got sick and missed a few days of forum. And other stuff, but that's not important now.
    When's the deadline? Next Monday? Which timezone should I count for 6AM?
    Feel better soon!
    Also it's a meaningless test round to demonstrate rules and make sure I set up all the sheets and redirects correctly.
    Central time. It's currently 830 here. Compare that to the localized timestamp on my post for the time zone.

Feb 2014

What does meaningless round means?

Should we submit a bad/random deck then, or our treasured best bet?

Otherwise, very nice submitting system!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Feel better soon!
    Also it's a meaningless test round to demonstrate rules and make sure I set up all the sheets and redirects correctly.
    Central time. It's currently 830 here. Compare that to the localized timestamp on my post for the time zone.
    Localized timestamp tells me you posted at 3:30PM, so you definitely don't mean Central European Time. (That's where I'm at.)
    So I'm +8 from you, meaning I have until halfway the afternoon on d-day to get a deck in.

I already have one though. It's a tribute to the person who's reviving my old thing.
    I'll put it in the form so you can see how things look when people send stuff in.

Cards 3 and 4 are not required on the form for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    Cards 3 and 4 are not required on the form for some reason
    noted

Reminder: Sample test round deadline is less than 10 hours from 12 minutes ago!

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Localized timestamp tells me you posted at 3:30PM, so you definitely don't mean Central European Time. (That's where I'm at.)
    So I'm +8 from you, meaning I have until halfway the afternoon on d-day to get a deck in.

I already have one though. It's a tribute to the person who's reviving my old thing.
    I'll put it in the form so you can see how things look when people send stuff in.
    Looks like -16 was also a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    Looks like -16 was also a solution?
    It's a 24 hour clock, but I think you might end up on the wrong day of the week if you go that way

Feb 2014

It's a 24 hour clock, but I think you might end up on the wrong day of the week if you go that way
    Well, Asthereal thought he had until mid afternoon Monday, turns out it is midnight Sunday in Europe.
    So, more -6 than +8, or did I miss something - besides 10 hours ?

Well, Asthereal thought he had until mid afternoon Monday, turns out it is midnight Sunday in Europe.
    So, more -6 than +8, or did I miss something - besides 10 hours ?
    What? Europe has Monday before I do

Oh I meant 22, or something

Feb 2014

Oh I meant 22, or something
    I am quite familiar with writing here the wrong date :)

I am quite familiar with writing here the wrong date :)
    I think I thought it was Sunday when I posted
    I have a two month old so just assume I'm wrong about anything for the next few years until she can sleep through the night

I think I thought it was Sunday when I posted
    I have a two month old so just assume I'm wrong about anything for the next few years until she can sleep through the night
    Noted.

Wait, I'm confused. When you declared your time to be 8:30, did you mean PM? I assumed you meant AM, which puts you in Chicago time, which makes the deadline 11 hours and change from now.
    Last edited by silkster; 11-27-2023 at 01:32 AM.
    4CB Ceiling Season Entry Form and the google sheet for scores.

You have 10 hours from now.
    Right?
    4+6?

TEST ROUND ENTRIES:
    4 Dogs: Dryad Arbor, Subterranean Hangar, Dark Ritual, Razorlash Transmogrant Notes: N/A
    Asthereal: Hickory Woodlot, City of Traitors, Mongrell Pack, Akroan Horse Notes: Four dogs in a pack and four soldiers in a horse suit is as close as I came to your name. :)
    Wrath of Pie: Botanical Sanctum, Force of Will, Sea's Claim, Crashing Footfalls Notes: Can't submit a deck if the comprehensive rules don't define it as one
    dte: Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar, Chancellor of the tangle, Grief, Aether vial Notes: N/A
    Silkster: City of Traitors, The Mycosynth Gardens, Phyrexian Dreadnought, Noxious Revival Notes: N/A
    E: Bonus TestUser Testy McGee: Forest, Subterranean Hanger, Dark Ritual, Grief

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

See, I had until the middle of the afternoon. I as completely correct.

TEST ROUND ENTRIES:
    4 Dogs: Dryad Arbor, Subterranean Hangar, Dark Ritual, Razorlash Transmogrant Notes: N/A
    Asthereal: Hickory Woodlot, City of Traitors, Mongrel Pack, Akroan Horse Notes: Four dogs in a pack and four soldiers in a horse suit is as close as I came to your name. :)
    Wrath of Pie: Botanical Sanctum, Force of Will, Sea's Claim, Crashing Footfalls Notes: Can't submit a deck if the comprehensive rules don't define it as one
    dte: Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar, Chancellor of the tangle, Grief, Aether vial Notes: N/A
    Silkster: City of Traitors, The Mycosynth Gardens, Phyrexian Dreadnought, Noxious Revival Notes: N/A
    Results for test round:
    4 Dogs: Dryad Arbor, Subterranean Hangar, Dark Ritual, Razorlash Transmogrant WW
    Okay, I think you trade Arbor for the Pack, but your 3/1 doesn't block, and I get an extra 1/1 every turn so my team gets bigger every turn and my clock is faster.

Asthereal: Hickory Woodlot, City of Traitors, Mongrel Pack, Akroan Horse <-me

Wrath of Pie: Botanical Sanctum, Force of Will, Sea's Claim, Crashing Footfalls LL
    I can't cast things. Booh! Too good for test round.

dte: Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar, Chancellor of the tangle, Grief, Aether vial LL
    Ugh, too complicated. But I'm guessing your deck with actual cards will defeat the memes. I'll write up LL for now.

Silkster: City of Traitors, The Mycosynth Gardens, Phyrexian Dreadnought, Noxious Revival LL
    12/12 trample is pretty good against my randomness.

Total: 6 points, minus what I lose for the City of Traitors.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 11-27-2023 at 11:19 AM.

Feb 2014

6-0

Asthereal: Hickory Woodlot, City of Traitors, Mongrell Pack, Akroan Horse Notes: Four dogs in a pack and four soldiers in a horse suit is as close as I came to your name. :)
    Pretty good name mimic!
    Less good 4cb deck, 6-0.

1-4 I think?
    Didn't do the maths but seems right :)

Me, with the longest card name for the longest pseudo meme. Quite less inventive than Asthereal.

0-6, noxious too good for me.

E: Bonus TestUser Testy McGee: Forest, Subterranean Hanger, Dark Ritual, Grief
    4-1, the sad mirror.

Thread Information