Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: 4 Card Blind: Ban-Back Better

Sep 2011

Re: 4 Card Blind: Ban-Back Better

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    dte: Reanimate, Grief, Swamp, Force of despair Notes: It's a scam

5 points this round. Not a great score, but it feels nice that the round rule work!
    -8pts including same Notes?

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    -8pts including same Notes?
    -6 by my count. Swamp and Awakening don't match. Did someone else use Grief, Force, or Reanimate?

I keep forgetting with these multi-week breaks. I remembered to check last weekend, but I like to think about it closer to the deadline, but then we have a holiday Monday today and I totally forgot again. One of these weeks I'll remember!

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    I keep forgetting with these multi-week breaks. I remembered to check last weekend, but I like to think about it closer to the deadline, but then we have a holiday Monday today and I totally forgot again. One of these weeks I'll remember!
    I'll tell you now the goal for next round is the 4th

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    I'll tell you now the goal for next round is the 4th
    As we already know the next banlist and 4dogs doesn't look at the entries, is there any drawbacks to send lists whenever?

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    As we already know the next banlist and 4dogs doesn't look at the entries, is there any drawbacks to send lists whenever?
    The spreadsheet with the entries is currently public .
    I'll make it private some time tomorrow or Wednesday once everyone is satisfied their decks were submitted correctly
    E: thy way it works is the submission form is tied to a sheet in a workbook who can only be updated by one of my google alt accounts. When i say submissions are open I set that sheet to hidden so no one can see it except my alt. I am not usually logged in as my alt so I don't accidentally see it. Then I usually figure out my deck at or before deadline day. On deadline day I switch to my alt, go to the workbook and unhide the sheet. Copy the output cells in the bottom, and post here.
    Last edited by FourDogsinaHorseSuit; 02-20-2024 at 08:04 AM.

GoblinSmashmaster Results for Round Leylines!

dte: Reanimate, Grief, Swamp, Force of despair Notes: It's a scam
    You use the force 2-2

Wrath of Pie: Bayou, Swarm Shambler, Blackmail, Pithing Needle Notes: N/A
    Goblin smash! 6-0

FTW: Agadeem's Awakening, Grief, Force of Despair, Reanimate Notes: Scam
    You use the force 2-2

Four dogs: Leyline of Sanctity, Leyline of the Guildpact, Scion of Draco, Serra's Sanctum Notes: LEYLINES BABY!
    Hexproof lifelink :( 0-6

10 points!

THE SCORES HAVE BEEN UPDATED!

Feel free to submit your decklists, and the deadline is March 4th at 6am as always

Good luck!

The deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!the deadline is monday!

The work week, for many of you is coming to a close and that means:
    THIS IS THE LAST WEEKEND TO MAKE A DECK FOR THE DEADLINE!
    What does that mean?
    It means that you should pick four cards, write them down, commit them into your heart, and submit them... to me.
    For the morn of the 4th. Monday. They shall fight.

Thank God it's not tomorrow!
    If it was tomorrow your decklists would already be due!
    But it's still today!
    And you can still submit!

I think the banlist is missing: Daze, Simian Spirit Guide, Sphere of Resistance, and maybe others.

I don't understand why dte and FTW got -6 each. Shouldn't it be -3 because they played 3 cards that got played by another player?

Feb 2014

I don't understand why dte and FTW got -6 each. Shouldn't it be -3 because they played 3 cards that got played by another player?
    The penalty had been increased to 2 points per card to give more incentive to originality. It has more impact.

And to not drown 4dogs commandable efforts on deadline communication: Deadline is today!!!!!

Sep 2011

I think the banlist is missing: Daze, Simian Spirit Guide, Sphere of Resistance, and maybe others.
    Thanks for catching that. I was going to submit those cards.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    The decks are in!
    e:wait stop the count
    Wasn't that last round?

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Wasn't that last round?
    No, that was no round what are you talking about? We stopped the count.

4dogs: Mental Misstep, Scythe Tiger, Forest, Surgical extraction Notes: N/A

0-2 dte: Cabal therapy, Dark depth, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Vampire hexmage Notes: Naming path to exile!
    Uhhh that's a 20/20
    0-2 GoblinSmashmaster: Saprazzan Cove, Force of Negation, Subtlety, Gadget Technician Notes: Goblin smash!
    TWO creatures? That's illegal. What do you mean there's actually 3 of them!?
    2-0 Wrath of Pie: Scrubland, Doomed Traveler, Cabal Therapy, Path to Exile Notes: N/A
    OTP my 3/2 can't be stopped. OTD: If you cast Traveler First, I counter it and your therapy tiger, draw. If you therapy first, I counter, then you cast traveler and I surgical in response. You lose to tiger here.
    Therapy costs mana the first time
    0-2 Silkster: Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Cabal Therapy, Thespian Stage, Dark Depths Notes: N/A
    Ive seen this 20/20 before
    FTW: Cabal Therapy, Young Wolf, Hexdrinker, Overgrown TOmb Notes: N/A
    0-2

6 points, no penalty.
    Last edited by FourDogsinaHorseSuit; 03-04-2024 at 10:41 AM.

Sep 2011

FTW: Cabal Therapy, Young Wolf, Hexdrinker, Overgrown TOmb Notes: N/A

I was planning on saving Depths for next round. Guess this was the round for Depths! Too slow.

dte: Cabal therapy, Dark depth, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Vampire hexmage Notes: Naming path to exile!
    OTP Therapy Hexmage, you Therapy one creature, the other kills you.
    OTD If you Therapy my Therapy, I play Young Wolf and flashback Therapy your Hexmage. If you Therapy my Wolf, I Therapy your Hexmage. Can't stop Therapy on Hexmage.
    WW 6-0

GoblinSmashmaster: Saprazzan Cove, Force of Negation, Subtlety, Gadget Technician Notes: Goblin smash!
    OTP Therapy. If you don't Force, I name Subtlety. Then I play Wolf and flashback Therapy to discard the Goblin (or you Force exiling the Goblin).
    If you do Force the Therapy (pitching one creature), I lose the flashback but you still only have 1 card left. Either turn 6 Subtlety or turn 5 2/2 morph. Hexdrinker races either.
    OTD the same thing. Subtlety 1 turn sooner is still too slow to race T2 Hexdrinker.
    WW 6-0

4dogs: Mental Misstep, Scythe Tiger, Forest, Surgical extraction Notes: N/A
    OTP Therapy, you counter with Mental Misstep. You play Tiger, I play Hexdrinker. If you attack into Hexdrinker, I trade and win with 1/1 Wolf. Otherwise L8 and win.
    OTD you get Tiger faster but same thing.
    WW 6-0

Wrath of Pie: Scrubland, Doomed Traveler, Cabal Therapy, Path to Exile Notes: N/A
    OTP Young Wolf. If you Path it, I play Hexdrinker and win. If you Therapy my Hexdrinker, I play Therapy + flashback discarding your Traveler & Therapy, 2/2 wolf wins. If you Therapy my Therapy, I flashback at Path and Hexdrinker wins. If you play Traveler, I play Therapy + flashback at Path & Therapy, you flashback Therapy at Hexdrinker, and my 2/2 Wolf races your 1/1. Win
    OTD If you Therapy my Therapy, I play Wolf and flashback Therapy at Traveler, then you only have 1 Path vs 2 threats and I'd win
    If you play Traveler first, I play Wolf. If you Path the Wolf, I play Hexdrinker and win. If you instead Therapy + flashback, you strip my Hexdrinker + Therapy and have a 1/1 flyer, then I flashback Therapy at Path to get a 2/2 Wolf and race you.
    If you Therapy my Hexdrinker or Wolf, I Therapy your Traveler, then you have Path for my remaining creature so we draw.
    WD 4-1

Silkster: Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Cabal Therapy, Thespian Stage, Dark Depths Notes: N/A
    Can't beat lands.dec
    LL 0-6

22 points (7 wins, 1 draw, 2 loss)
    - 6 for Therapy x 3
    = 16 pts

-6 again for Notes: N/A x3? I need more original notes!

Wrath of Pie: Scrubland, Doomed Traveler, Cabal Therapy, Path to Exile Notes: N/A

dte: Cabal therapy, Dark depth, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Vampire hexmage Notes: Naming path to exile! - WD - Path to Exile seems like the least of your concerns.
    GoblinSmashmaster: Saprazzan Cove, Force of Negation, Subtlety, Gadget Technician Notes: Goblin smash! - LL - I apparently can't beat creatures I can't target.
    4dogs: Mental Misstep, Scythe Tiger, Forest, Surgical extraction Notes: N/A - LL - Two threats I can't target? In one round?
    Silkster: Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Cabal Therapy, Thespian Stage, Dark Depths Notes: N/A - WL
    FTW: Cabal Therapy, Young Wolf, Hexdrinker, Overgrown TOmb Notes: N/A - DL

2w2d - 6 points (that's a lot of Cabal Therapy) = 2 points

I wasn't expecting this round to be the Card Blind therapy session, although I really should have.

Thread Information