Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 101 to 114 of 114

Thread: [MKM] Murders at Karlov Mannor: Anyone have a Clue?

  1. #101

    Re: [MKM] Murders at Karlov Mannor: Anyone have a Clue?

    That's what happens. Just like with Blood Moon / Dryad of the Elysium grove.

  2. #102
    A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    PirateKing's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2011
    Location

    BEST JERSEY
    Posts

    1,721

    Re: [MKM] Murders at Karlov Mannor: Anyone have a Clue?

    Yeah people were high on Leyline as a quality answer to Blood Moon until they realized the nature of the Leyline put timestamps right back to the status quo.
    In simple terms, you play T0 Leyline, nonbasic land go; they play T1 Blood Moon, you untap your Mountain and lose. Blood Moon played after Leyline overwrites the same layer tech from Leyline. It's a bummer
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

  3. #103

    Re: [MKM] Murders at Karlov Mannor: Anyone have a Clue?

    play more basic forests, I guess

  4. #104
    Member

    Join Date

    Feb 2014
    Posts

    1,190

    Re: [MKM] Murders at Karlov Mannor: Anyone have a Clue?

    Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Leyline adds a lot of mana flexibility and turns on Scion of Draco's keywords.
    Indeed I missed the keywords!
    Seems much better, true.

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    Yeah people were high on Leyline as a quality answer to Blood Moon until they realized the nature of the Leyline put timestamps right back to the status quo.
    In simple terms, you play T0 Leyline, nonbasic land go; they play T1 Blood Moon, you untap your Mountain and lose. Blood Moon played after Leyline overwrites the same layer tech from Leyline. It's a bummer
    You have 10 ways to get a basic that gives you all colors T1 and is all basic land types. No reason to play nonbasic if you have sny of the 10. Still a great answer to blood moon, just not T0. I think I would sideout blood moons effect OTD vs this leyline deck.

  5. #105
    A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    PirateKing's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2011
    Location

    BEST JERSEY
    Posts

    1,721

    Re: [MKM] Murders at Karlov Mannor: Anyone have a Clue?

    It not not an answer, but wild to think you'd have to pause and think looking at your opening hand against the unknown opponent to see if you want to Turn Zero a Leyline out.
    Also I'm not sure what you mean by 10 ways, looking at the 5-0 list, I see 2 basics.
    If they went T0 Leyline, T1 Savannah into Ponder (cheeky!) pass, If the opponent goes T1 turbo Blood Moon it's Force or bust. Otherwise I see 1 Island, 1 Plains and 17 Mountains which isn't enough to reLeyline.
    You could pay 3 mana to Bind but that's the same play in a list without Leyline of the Guildpact.

    There some other list we're discussing?
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

  6. #106
    Member

    Join Date

    Sep 2011
    Posts

    4,729

    Re: [MKM] Murders at Karlov Mannor: Anyone have a Clue?

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    It not not an answer, but wild to think you'd have to pause and think looking at your opening hand against the unknown opponent to see if you want to Turn Zero a Leyline out.
    Also I'm not sure what you mean by 10 ways, looking at the 5-0 list, I see 2 basics.
    If they went T0 Leyline, T1 Savannah into Ponder (cheeky!) pass, If the opponent goes T1 turbo Blood Moon it's Force or bust. Otherwise I see 1 Island, 1 Plains and 17 Mountains which isn't enough to reLeyline.
    You could pay 3 mana to Bind but that's the same play in a list without Leyline of the Guildpact.

    There some other list we're discussing?
    8 fetches & 2 basics means 10 lands that can be T1 basic if you go first. If your opening hand has Leyline, fetch T1 basic and then opponent can't Blood Moon you out of the game. Your other lands will be Mountains but you have 1 basic of 5 colors. Monored can't destroy enchantments so you're safe.

    Edit: It's wild that you can cast basically everything off that 1 basic + Mountains. The only cards with 2 color pips are Kavu (RG) and Forth Eorlingas (RW), with Blood Moon fixing the red for you. The rest work with 1 5c basic + colorless. So with just 1 basic + Leyline you are a 5c deck that ignores Blood Moon.

  7. #107
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    7,479

    Re: [MKM] Murders at Karlov Mannor: Anyone have a Clue?

    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    That's what happens. Just like with Blood Moon / Dryad of the Elysium grove.
    Honestly, I want to see somebody build a green-based Stompy deck with Leyline and Dryad of the Ilysian Grove as back-up.

    T0 Leyline, T1 Ancient Tomb --> Scion of Draco sounds hilarious.

    Throw in some Wastelands and Ramunaps/Life from the Loam (for Boseiju recursion) for the extra spice.

  8. #108
    A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    PirateKing's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2011
    Location

    BEST JERSEY
    Posts

    1,721

    Re: [MKM] Murders at Karlov Mannor: Anyone have a Clue?

    I get that; but that logic is irrelevant to the inclusion of Leyline of the Guildpact to which I was discussing.

    If the argument is that T0 Leyline is great and awesome and everything because even if the opponent goes T1 Blood Moon, our deck is set up in such a way that we don't even need to play Leyline of the Guildpact. So then we're talking about a card we don't need to play. That's a different metric than what I was using in my previous post.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

  9. #109

    Re: [MKM] Murders at Karlov Mannor: Anyone have a Clue?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Honestly, I want to see somebody build a green-based Stompy deck with Leyline and Dryad of the Ilysian Grove as back-up.

    T0 Leyline, T1 Ancient Tomb --> Scion of Draco sounds hilarious.

    Throw in some Wastelands and Ramunaps/Life from the Loam (for Boseiju recursion) for the extra spice.
    Why are you using tomb when...
    City of traitors gets bounced for daze?

  10. #110
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    7,479

    Re: [MKM] Murders at Karlov Mannor: Anyone have a Clue?

    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Why are you using tomb when...
    City of traitors gets bounced for daze?
    To power out Stompy threats? Scion-powered rainbow Questing Beast sounds like a good way to tell Ring users to fuck off and it's GSZable. Haste and Deathtouch are great additions to the rainbow abilities that Scion can grant.

  11. #111

    Re: [MKM] Murders at Karlov Mannor: Anyone have a Clue?

    Let people have fun with it, jeeze

  12. #112
    Member

    Join Date

    Sep 2011
    Posts

    4,729

    Re: [MKM] Murders at Karlov Mannor: Anyone have a Clue?

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    If the argument is that T0 Leyline is great and awesome and everything because even if the opponent goes T1 Blood Moon, our deck is set up in such a way that we don't even need to play Leyline of the Guildpact. So then we're talking about a card we don't need to play.
    Are we talking about the same thing? Are you talking about the green stompy stuff?

    My argument is T0 Leyline is amazing because T1 fetch-> basic still taps for all 5 colors (due to Leyline). That basic 5c land casts everything and enables all Domain abilities, even if opponent casts Blood Moon after. Moon shuts off the nonbasics but your basic 5c land is immune! That's impossible without Leyline. Leyline lets you play 5c with immunity to Blood Moon & Wasteland. Crazy times.

  13. #113
    A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    PirateKing's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2011
    Location

    BEST JERSEY
    Posts

    1,721

    Re: [MKM] Murders at Karlov Mannor: Anyone have a Clue?

    Got it, since that deck doesn't have Murktide or other double color heavy stuff, a single rainbow land plus Mountains casts everything since it's R(x).
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

  14. #114
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    7,479

    Re: [MKM] Murders at Karlov Mannor: Anyone have a Clue?

    Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Are we talking about the same thing? Are you talking about the green stompy stuff?

    My argument is T0 Leyline is amazing because T1 fetch-> basic still taps for all 5 colors (due to Leyline). That basic 5c land casts everything and enables all Domain abilities, even if opponent casts Blood Moon after. Moon shuts off the nonbasics but your basic 5c land is immune! That's impossible without Leyline. Leyline lets you play 5c with immunity to Blood Moon & Wasteland. Crazy times.
    Seeing people play Leyline alongside their own Blood Moon effects is kinda messed up.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)