Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 161 to 175 of 175

Thread: [MH3] Modern Horizions 3: Rotation Days Are Here Again

  1. #161

    Re: [MH3] Modern Horizions 3: Rotation Days Are Here Again

    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    Useless in that it draws a card instead of you making me discard a card?

    This is a really bad argument, do you seriously think that the initial instance of Grief doing something and not nothing is entirely incidental to this line of play being good?
    If you want to waste your t1 spending mana for the privilege to later spend mana to cycle your do-nothing artifact I will consider that Good For Me.
    And I will smack you for 3 a few times while you do.

  2. #162

    Re: [MH3] Modern Horizions 3: Rotation Days Are Here Again

    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    Historically I feel like cards that neuter Force aren’t for the “fair decks”
    Fair blue decks don't need it because they have force, fair non blue decks need it because they don't

  3. #163
    Member

    Join Date

    Sep 2011
    Posts

    4,867

    Re: [MH3] Modern Horizions 3: Rotation Days Are Here Again

    There are also unfair blue decks that may want it (if only using Force defensively) and unfair non-blue decks that want to shut off Force, Grief, Daze, FoV, other combos...

  4. #164
    (' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    TheInfamousBearAssassin's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2004
    Location

    Northern Virginia
    Posts

    6,643

    Re: [MH3] Modern Horizions 3: Rotation Days Are Here Again

    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    If you want to waste your t1 spending mana for the privilege to later spend mana to cycle your do-nothing artifact I will consider that Good For Me.
    And I will smack you for 3 a few times while you do.
    It’s literally blanking your strategy how is that do nothing


    If you have to make shit up maybe your argument sucks
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

  5. #165
    (' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    TheInfamousBearAssassin's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2004
    Location

    Northern Virginia
    Posts

    6,643

    Re: [MH3] Modern Horizions 3: Rotation Days Are Here Again

    Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    Fair blue decks don't need it because they have force, fair non blue decks need it because they don't
    This doesn’t stop most unfair decks
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

  6. #166

    Re: [MH3] Modern Horizions 3: Rotation Days Are Here Again

    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    It’s literally blanking your strategy how is that do nothing
    what are you talking abouttttttttttttttttttttttt I still scammed you and and still get to beat you down with reanimate you still are dead ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    If you have to make shit up maybe your argument sucks
    And yet you keep posting!

  7. #167

    Re: [MH3] Modern Horizions 3: Rotation Days Are Here Again

    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    what are you talking abouttttttttttttttttttttttt I still scammed you and and still get to beat you down with reanimate you still are dead ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Right. Because the opponent will play a 1 mana artifact and then do nothing the remainder of the game. Plausible scenario.

  8. #168

    Re: [MH3] Modern Horizions 3: Rotation Days Are Here Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Blood View Post
    Right. Because the opponent will play a 1 mana artifact and then do nothing the remainder of the game. Plausible scenario.
    Are we playing 4cb? Because I, too, also will get to to do things the rest of the game....

  9. #169
    Member

    Join Date

    Feb 2014
    Posts

    1,219

    Re: [MH3] Modern Horizions 3: Rotation Days Are Here Again

    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Are we playing 4cb?
    We do, and are missing you there!

  10. #170

    Re: [MH3] Modern Horizions 3: Rotation Days Are Here Again

    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    If you want to waste your t1 spending mana for the privilege to later spend mana to cycle your do-nothing artifact I will consider that Good For Me.
    And I will smack you for 3 a few times while you do.
    Are you legitimately arguing that spending 3 cards and 4 life to get a thoughtseize and a 3/2 is a good deal? Because its really, really not.

  11. #171

    Re: [MH3] Modern Horizions 3: Rotation Days Are Here Again

    Just imagine a very common scenario:

    You play bauble on T1 and opponent is holding FoW. Either they immediately 2-1 themselves or FoW is a dead card until they can answer the bauble, which if they cannot do before you untap, results in a 2-1 anyway.

    Then you get into the Reanimator conversation where you are blanking 8-12 cards depending on their deck.

    Then you get into all the other zero mana stuff that this hoses.

    Yes, stating the obvious, this is a great card and highly needed I might add given all the free crap they keep printing.

  12. #172

    Re: [MH3] Modern Horizions 3: Rotation Days Are Here Again

    Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    Are you legitimately arguing that spending 3 cards and 4 life to get a thoughtseize and a 3/2 is a good deal? Because its really, really not.
    But...but...the 3/2 will just kill you.

  13. #173

    Re: [MH3] Modern Horizions 3: Rotation Days Are Here Again

    Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    Are you legitimately arguing that spending 3 cards and 4 life to get a thoughtseize and a 3/2 is a good deal? Because its really, really not.
    No.
    I'm arguing that spending 3 cards and 4 life for a thoughtseize, a 3/2, AND my opponent takes their first turn off so they can play a piece of trash in the hope that they can later spend mana to cash it in is a good deal.
    And it really, really is.

  14. #174

    Re: [MH3] Modern Horizions 3: Rotation Days Are Here Again

    Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    We do, and are missing you there!
    I don't have the bandwith for this season, sadly

  15. #175
    Member

    Join Date

    Sep 2011
    Posts

    4,867

    Re: [MH3] Modern Horizions 3: Rotation Days Are Here Again

    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    I don't have the bandwith for this season, sadly
    Even if you submit Akroan Horse+Wild Dogs as a joke and get 0 pts one round, it will be the ceiling deck and power down the whole format, making it much sillier the other rounds.

    Then you can win with more fun stuff those other rounds, without it being all Lotus+Thassa vs Chancellor+Strip Mine vs T0 discard.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)