Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: [Deck] 5c Eternal Garden

~Kirei sora no Kuraiyami~

Jun 2007

Re: [Deck] 5c Eternal Garden

Even with Null rod out, they can still drop artifacts to move up storm. Since Eternal Garden has a very slow clock, they can sit there with a bunch of non-artifact accelerators and just throw down a bunch of artifacts that do nothing for storm to kill.

Legacy Inept

Oct 2005
    France

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSkies View Post
    Even with Null rod out, they can still drop artifacts to move up storm. Since Eternal Garden has a very slow clock, they can sit there with a bunch of non-artifact accelerators and just throw down a bunch of artifacts that do nothing for storm to kill.
    Except that Eternal Garden will destroy their manabase and lock with trinisphere. Post SB, it's not easy for ANT.

Sep 2009
    Poland

I've tested Mindbreak Trap a little and I find it very useful against combo. First of all they have to chant you and after side combo usually removes its protection in order to find room for bounce. Second - awareness that you might have traps makes them play slower just to find protection if they left any. It may give you just enough time to find trinisphere and destroy their manabase.

I also like this card against mono NO or rocks with NO - they pack a lot of basics and usually it is very hard to stop them from resolving NO. Trap just counters their primary spell so you don't need to fight progenitus.

Null Rod is ok but still I find Trap more useful.

Nov 2007
    Germany, RLP, KO

I've read the article on StarCityGames about Blue Lands today and recognized, that those lists are very narrow to Eternal Garden.

In fact it's about like:

- 4 Manabond
    - 3 Life from the Loam
    - few lands

+ 4 Crucible of Worlds
    + 4 Crop Rotations
    + some non-land utility (Armageddon, Burning Wish, Smokestack... dependant on build)

Considering that there are already many incarnations on Eternal Garden, I start to wonder, if it's really a different archetype to a XX (Blue) Lands deck. What do you think?

The main differences are the Loam/Manabonds vs. the Crucibles/Crop Rotations.

Personally I like the latter more. Crucible is just faster (recurring Fetchlands, Wasteland), and Crop Rotation is really good in a land deck.

Is Loam/Manabond better, since it has more recent success?

I'm sorry if this qwaas suggested before but this little combo is good I find.
    Minamo, School at Water's Edge (
    Deserted Temple Magosi, the Waterveil
    that way mindslaver isn't needed

Also the only creature needed is is knight of the reliquary.
    which can be fetched with a gifts/tutor intution pile with volrath's stronghold.
    byrad arbor makes a good forest.

Also I cant decide between ad nausem or necrologia.
    I'm not ready to share my whole sidebaord yet but I think a dual wish board of buring wish and living wish is best.
    leyline of the void and serum powder is very solid against fast grave decks.
    Thx

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Your combo doesn't work. I can't really explain why it doesn't work because I don't see how you tried to make it work in the first place.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

I only play blue for Brainstorm and combo.
    Jan 2008
    Alpharetta, Georgia

So you put a counter on the land and skip your next turn, then untap it and take another turn, which cancels out the turn you just lost, now it is your opponent's turn ...... I see where you were going with this and its actually really interesting, it just doesn't work.
    "I just shot Marvin in the face!"
    "Why the fuck'd you do that??"

http://deckcheck.de/deck.php?id=21762

So, I've been testing a bit with this list on MWS... And holy shit, is it the real deal. Anyone have comments/ insights?

One thing I kinda wonder is what the Stifles are doing in the sideboard, but perhaps I'm missing something? But seriously, if anyone besides me is still a fan of this deck, give this list a run. I don't think the archetype is dead yet... I'm just too poor to build it in real life.
    Bless your heart, we must consider Blue/White Tempo's strategy and win percentages in an entirely different deck thread. -4eak

Another similar list finished top8 in SCG Open:
    http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...p?DeckID=37282

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDemonKn1ght View Post
    One thing I kinda wonder is what the Stifles are doing in the sideboard, but perhaps I'm missing something? But seriously, if anyone besides me is still a fan of this deck, give this list a run. I don't think the archetype is dead yet... I'm just too poor to build it in real life.
    This deck has a poor matchup against Storm Combo - that's why stifles are for. I don't know if it helps - need more testing.

I only play blue for Brainstorm and combo.
    Jan 2008
    Alpharetta, Georgia

Wish more people played this deck but the cost of admission is just so high and the fact that you auto-lose against storm combo keeps people from it. The deck is damn good, but there has been a mad showing of Price of Progress lately in my meta which makes something like COP Red and Orbs even more necessary. They just devastate the deck, Moons can easily be handled w Wishes and Diamonds but ... PoP just kills it, and auto-losing to a prominent archetype and having intense problems with VERY commonly played burn cards and enchantments is pretty bad.

I looked back a little ways and said something like "why not play Aggro Loam" and I still stand by that. Lands! variants are really cool but their lack of a real clock and inherent weaknesses to certain cards just makes it worse than other decks with Loam. I loved the fact that this deck is ridiculously skill intensive but it takes to long to win games and the lack of a relevant clock is a serious problem. Now, I would certainly play this deck again (had I not sold off the cards) but I think it falls in the danger of cool things zone currently. I absolutely LOVE this deck but Aggro Loam really is just superior.
    "I just shot Marvin in the face!"
    "Why the fuck'd you do that??"

Thread Information