Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [Announcement] Legacy back in the Portland area!!!!

Combo Enthusiast

Apr 2004

Re: [Announcement] Legacy back in the Portland area!!!!

FYI Guys in the Portland area:

This could possibly be our last month to be doing anything of relevance in the shop. The online portion is working out very well, but the storefront itself is not getting in anywhere near the income it needs to have it as well as myself survive.

I've been working on getting tournaments out for the Type 2 players now that we're finally sanctioned, and a calendar is going up in our window for people that pass by, but we're basically about ready to call it quits and just go as an online vendor if we don't see much happening in the way of tournaments.

Just figured I'd give you all a heads up in advance, that way you don't go to the shop sometime in the next month or so and see that we're not there anymore and wonder wtf happened.

Samurais suck
    May 2006
    Portland, OR

Quote Originally Posted by DeathwingZERO View Post
    FYI Guys in the Portland area:

This could possibly be our last month to be doing anything of relevance in the shop. The online portion is working out very well, but the storefront itself is not getting in anywhere near the income it needs to have it as well as myself survive.

I've been working on getting tournaments out for the Type 2 players now that we're finally sanctioned, and a calendar is going up in our window for people that pass by, but we're basically about ready to call it quits and just go as an online vendor if we don't see much happening in the way of tournaments.

Just figured I'd give you all a heads up in advance, that way you don't go to the shop sometime in the next month or so and see that we're not there anymore and wonder wtf happened.
    Sorry to hear the storefront is going away, but I understand. Are you still having the type 1 tournament this month, though?
    Last edited by Volt; 10-13-2006 at 07:15 PM.

Combo Enthusiast

Apr 2004

I REALLY want to have it still, yes.

At this point in time, my post on NorthwestMagic was enlightened by the fact that BOTH the 21st and the 28th have pretty serious DCI tournaments going, one a PTQ, the other a GPQ.

As I stated on there, I'm leaving it up to the players this time which date they actually want it on. I'm fully capable and willing to host on either the 21st or the 28th, at the same time I listed before. Prizes and structure will both be taken care of as listed.

Any and all store credit will be dealt with on that evening, to make sure that anybody that wins gets their prize, in case the shop does end up closing on the 31st.

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

It's a tough time to be in this business--like being a local bookstore when Amazon began to dominate the market. :(

Anyway, is there a chance to run a Legacy tourney on 10/28? I'm free and will do my best to drag as many as my friends to your store as I can. However, many will be scrubs. But still... ;)

What do you think?

Is anyone else open on the 28th?

Combo Enthusiast

Apr 2004

I'm highly considering kicking the T1 tournament and in place just sticking to a couple last runs of Legacy, mainly because I've gotten little word back from any of the local T1 guys as to whether or not they'd show, and I'm still much more comfortable running Legacy over T1.

Mainly, I know you guys, whereas some of the T1 players literally come out of the boonies or just random ass places, and the tournies tend to have to be typically much more strictly enforced overall, especially for a larger prize structure. I would rather have the last few weeks in the storefront as casual as possible, since it's already enough work just getting the place in order to start packing.

And it is official, the shop's storefront will be closed down as of mid-November. You guys can all still get ahold of me (PM me if you want my cell phone number) on here, or with AIM, or just emailing us at the store address. The shop is going to be 100% online now, so I'll still have all the same product (and more, since I can now put up other things I didn't want to have in the store), AND I can actually play in tournaments with you guys again.
    Quote Originally Posted by YuanTi View Post
    Slightly off topic, but where is the Nourishing Lich in the DTB Forum?

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

Well, I've sent a load of PMs all over the place for 10/28, 1:30 pm. Hopefully something will come out of it.

I really miss stomping on the locals. :(

Combo Enthusiast

Apr 2004

I decided to just flat out cancel the Type 1 tournament, and am still going to plan on running the Legacy tournaments for the next two weeks. Shop will be closing by the end of the first week of November, if all goes according to plan.

Samurais suck
    May 2006
    Portland, OR

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Well, I've sent a load of PMs all over the place for 10/28, 1:30 pm. Hopefully something will come out of it.

I really miss stomping on the locals. :(
    My schedule has opened up for next Saturday (10/28). I will be there to play in the Legacy tournament. Looking forward to it!

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

So, I will not be coming to The Mana Curve tomorrow. My mass PMs didn't amount to much. Everyone is more or less busy or something another. Except for a few dudes.

So Ryan, how about next Saturday (11/4)?

If your store is still open, I'll show up no matter what. Even if I have to resort to endlessly testing the Rifter vs. Solidarity match-up. By myself. Preboard. In that nasty backroom. With the creepy utility sink. And the blow-up doll. You get the picture.

Combo Enthusiast

Apr 2004

I'm going to pre-emptively say next weekend the shop will be 100% gone, but it may take us more than a few days to get everything 100% out of there. I don't know how many of you tried showing up today, but I had a possibly bad emergency on my hands, and couldn't get out there till around 1:30. I apologize if anyone actually showed, I was hoping for a tournament myself.

So I guess at this point, we can look into finding another place to get together to play on the weekends, or it's back to Batcave on Friday nights again. I can't say it's bittersweet to be able to join the fray, but at the same time, I really hate the idea of playing against the mass scrubbery up at the Buttcave.

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

Back to Alternate Universe it is.

I'll be damned if I'm going to brave rush hour traffic from Portland to Vancouver on a Friday night. Ugh.

But thanks for the good times Ryan. I only made it to two of your tourneys, but I had a good time each time.

I hope to see you around.

Samurais suck
    May 2006
    Portland, OR

Hey, if either of you guys are interested in carpooling up to the Couve on the occasional Friday night, let me know. That HOV lane is pretty sweet.

Combo Enthusiast

Apr 2004

Ya, I'm a big fan of the Carpool lane myself. Makes the worst part of the trip up the I-5 much more managable.

Samurais suck
    May 2006
    Portland, OR

Quote Originally Posted by DeathwingZERO View Post
    Ya, I'm a big fan of the Carpool lane myself. Makes the worst part of the trip up the I-5 much more managable.
    Hey, Ryan. I tried to pm you, but the message center is acting goofy. Anyway... if you want to carpool up to the Couve tonight, let me know.

Combo Enthusiast

Apr 2004

Sorry bout not getting back to you Chris, I was actually at a concert last night anyways. PM me or email me at rmj23@juno.com, and I'll get you my cell number, so you can get ahold of me directly.

Thread Information