Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Announcement]The Mana Curve's 1st "Monthly Money" Tournament 9/16: 4x Force Of Will

Insert Clever Adjetives Here
    Jun 2006
    Austin Texas

Re: [Announcement]The Mana Curve's 1st "Monthly Money" Tournament 9/16: 4x Force Of Will

You guys need to tell the card shop owners down here in Austin Texas how to run a tournement. You all seem like you have a ton of fun at tournements and then i read you had 10 people show up. We regularly have 15-25 people at wekly legacy tournements and the store we play at never has top 4 or top 8 so we usually have to rely on tie-breakers to decide who wins and 9 times out of 10 i am usually the person who gets screwed out of prizes because i get paired down or play the dude who has to drop for some reason or other.

Anyway do you guys have any idea what we could down here in Austin could do about this problem because i guess i take for granted that we have a regular large showing but ya'll seem to have more fun then us at tournements.
    Last edited by Firebrothers; 09-26-2006 at 10:12 AM. Reason: i failed english...

Combo Enthusiast

Apr 2004

Re: [Announcement]The Mana Curve's 1st "Monthly Money" Tournament 9/16: 4x Force Of W

It's almost just as much the people that show up as the place is run. I know of a place we commonly refer to as the Buttcave up in Vancouver Washington that we play at on Friday nights for Legacy, and while we like bullshitting with the owners, about half to 2/3 of the player base there can really drop off a cliff and nobody would notice.

Also, get those shops to get DCI Reporter!! Tiebreakers are totally apeshit to have to calculate out of 15-25 people when you're trying to determine top 8 or top 4 after 4-5 rounds. They should learn the system, and never do anything short of it, unless they want to go with bad pairings after a few rounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by YuanTi View Post
    Slightly off topic, but where is the Nourishing Lich in the DTB Forum?

Thread Information