Page 956 of 956 FirstFirst ... 456856906946952953954955956
Results 19,101 to 19,120 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

When your son asks you "What's the most powerful deck?"

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSettler View Post
    Jesus H Cardsheet died for your NFC sins.

Feb 2020
    Madison, WI

Foiling out Breakfast... found this gem. Probably my favorite card in my entire collection now: it's mint beyond belief.
    Quote Originally Posted by aslidsiksoraksi View Post
    He doesn’t have wasteland this turn, but he finds it the next. And wastes my Maze. I do get 1 zombie, but apparently stealing a zombie is just an act of petty theft? Seems like kind of a big theft to me since it stole the whole game... I die.

Feb 2020
    Madison, WI

Breakfast progress!

The Shuko is Japanese for flavor reasons (Japanese card; Japanese text!), whereas the rest of it will be S-Chinese or T-Chinese when applicable (Nomads en-Kor has literally only been printed once, and only in T-Chinese).

More Dazes, as well as some MM Brainstorms, Lorwyn Ponders, and Cephalid Illusionists are on the way!
    He doesn’t have wasteland this turn, but he finds it the next. And wastes my Maze. I do get 1 zombie, but apparently stealing a zombie is just an act of petty theft? Seems like kind of a big theft to me since it stole the whole game... I die.

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

Current Shortcake list. Fingers crossed for old border painters next month

Strawberry Shortcake

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...erry-Shortcake

What a brainstorm do? Draw card and activate on draw effects fix hand, removing woods
    #FreeNedleeds

Quote Originally Posted by Kap'n Cook View Post
    Current Shortcake list. Fingers crossed for old border painters next month

Can't see it

Some new things I picked up that I'm excited about. The deeds aren't new but I like that they match now, that was one if the things that really tilted me - new gold border with old gold border in the same deck.

Stupid potato camera
    Last edited by Secretly.A.Bee; 04-27-2021 at 08:25 PM.

Site Contributor

Feb 2015
    Detroit, MI

Love the decays with the deeds

Quote Originally Posted by ScottW View Post
    Love the decays with the deeds
    Thanks, I do as well! They make 16 year old me (I played a bgw beast deck - brushhoppers, spiritmongers,deeds, vindicates, etc.) Complete lol.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Administrator

Sep 2009
    Vienna, AT

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Can't see it
    For the record, problems such as this might occur due to a recent change to The Source, where the site is being served over an end-to-end encrypted and private HTTPS connection. The image that Kap'n was trying to post inline is hosted on an unencrypted HTTP-only website, and modern browsers are starting to prevent the latter from being embedded into the former.

Hitting the Quote button for the post with the image that does not display will still show you the URL of the image, and you can copypasta it into a new tab to view it. (Alas, it seems that the image that is missing in this thread here also got deleted from the image hoster, so there's no bringing it back for us...)

If you want your posted images to properly display inline on The Source going forward, make sure to use an HTTPS-capable image host, and use HTTPS URLs to refer to your uploaded images. Browsers usually show when they (will, in the future, or already do) block so-called "mixed content" (HTTP resourced embeded on HTTPS sites), like so (screenshot is from Firefox 88):

For demonstration purposes, the same image embedded via plain HTTP _maybe_ won't display for you - and if it does, this may change a few months down the road:

If you see the same picture displayed twice, your browser does not (yet) block mixed content.

Feb 2020
    Madison, WI

Ten months of non-stop collecting later, I proudly bring you the fruit of my most passionate relationship with cardboard to date: full-Chinese Cephalid Breakfast.

My God. I cannot believe this thing is actually done. It feels like a dream hahaha.

I'm planning on filming a video showcasing the whole thing, card by card, with vignettes about each (because each card is worth a thousand words, honestly). Just in case anyone's interested. For now... I'll leave you with these brief notes:

-All cards are in T-CH or S-CH barring a few exceptions that I will justify in this post.

-The Shuko is in JPN because it's a Kamigawa card and it Just Makes Sense that way.

-The FOWs are the two I've always owned, plus two HP copies from a good friend who upgraded to S-CH EMA. Sentimental value wins here.

-The Umezawa's Jitte was my dad's, who handed me his playset at the beginning of 2020 when he discovered I was getting back into Magic. I didn't want to replace them because of their history, so I asked if he could sign it. Yeah... that's my dad's signature on the Jitte, haha. In my heart, I know it'll belong to him forever.

-The Thoughtseizes and Flusterstorms are signed by the person that taught me Magic fourteen years ago: Matthew Danner, WOTC Creative Lead. I've owned the LRW Thoughtseizes for nearly as long as I've known him, and I knew I would never be replacing them, even with TSR SCH readily available. The Judge Flusterstorms are honestly just because I hate the M15+ border (which all its SCH printings come in, unfortunately) and I wanted something special. (Oh, and I'm not playing all 4 Seizes in the board: They're just to show off the signature. I'm still swapping sideboard slots around to find my perfect 15th card, so it's somewhat subject to change.)

-The Marsh Flats I pulled from my very first Zendikar booster when I was like 11. I'm more lazy than sentimental regarding this one lmfao but it's still a sweet story. :)

Finally, the Lt. Surge's Raichu is my Germ token. I received it as a Christmas present in 2020 after my best childhood friend passed away last November. We were both huge Pokemon fans growing up, and while I migrated to Magic and other hobbies, they'd always encouraged me to embrace and express my love of the game. Now, in spite of our celestial distance, their memory can be a part of me whenever I play.

I'm immensely proud of this deck and of completing the journey I took to make it. Nothing compares to the amount of fun I have playing this deck and winning with such archaic, quirky cards -- and creating unbeatable memories with opponents who truly appreciate all the silly flavor that this deck has to offer. Thanks for reading: Here's hoping I can serve you a meal somewhere in the world. <3

Site Contributor

Feb 2015
    Detroit, MI

Nice! Love the story behind the oddities and your dad has a pretty cool signature.

Mar 2010
    Hearth of the Earth

BTW Chinese Goblin Welders are super rare, never seen any on MKM or anywhere else.

It has been a while, my latest bling deck, EDH Daretti Pimp Savant:
    Uploaded cards, hit "Playtest" to take it out for a spin:https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/daretti-pimp-savant-1/

I tried to load the images but they appeared really big, any advice would be good, in the meantime here is the Imgur link
    https://imgur.com/gallery/6nJyc9E
    Last edited by Jungian Thing; 10-31-2021 at 06:50 AM.

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

Just got the new old border Karns so time for a new year potato quality pimp post

Ran this list for online Eternal Weekend 2021

Last edited by Kap'n Cook; 01-04-2022 at 03:03 AM.
    Strawberry Shortcake

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...erry-Shortcake

What a brainstorm do? Draw card and activate on draw effects fix hand, removing woods
    #FreeNedleeds

Combo player
    Mar 2010
    Orangeville, Ontario, Canada

I'm in the market for some fancy swamps. Since I need 15 of them I don't want to spend more than $10 each. What's a nice looking non foil swamp? I plan on getting them signed.
    Edit; Looking ideas. Not fishing for a deal!

To me Ice Age Swamps are absolutely gorgeous.

Combo player
    Mar 2010
    Orangeville, Ontario, Canada

Thinking probably Unglued swamps at this point.

May 2015
    Dominarian Slum

free ned leeds
    Tusk Up

Feb 2020
    Madison, WI

Quote Originally Posted by median View Post
    I'm in the market for some fancy swamps. Since I need 15 of them I don't want to spend more than $10 each. What's a nice looking non foil swamp? I plan on getting them signed.
    Edit; Looking ideas. Not fishing for a deal!
    My favorite Swamps are Portal #204. The other (original) Portal Swamps are great too. I'm also fond of Mirage #340! As you can see, I just love Swamps with deep, rich colors. :)

It's an ugly pile of bones... like me.
    Sep 2004
    Albany

Sent a card to get graded for the first time.

Jul 2007
    The Frozen North

Nice job.
    "You consider me the young apprentice,
    Caught between the Scylla and Charibdes,
    Hypnotized by you if I should linger,
    Staring at the ring around your finger" - Sting

Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.

Thread Information