Page 916 of 956 FirstFirst ... 416816866906912913914915916917918919920926 ... LastLast
Results 18,301 to 18,320 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Sadly, I am not the owner.

I can't afford to spend 50k per deck currently, I'm still a foil japanese scrub
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

It's cool, they only cost that much because the original Russian sellers shilled the shit out of bids on eBay and price memory in this game absurd. It's pretty incredible how badly these guys fleece the general community but morons always seem to have cash in hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ochoa
    Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    I just come for the pretty pictures and mono-trolls.

I thought I'd introduce myself here with my elves deck. :)

So after a years work I want to prestent my shardless deck today. It's not fully finished mainly I'm missing 3 onslaught Delta (these fuckers are hard to track down) and 1 lili (scre the guy who bought all 5 from Hareuya 2 weeks ago 30 minutes before I wanted to buy 1). I don't know what to do with the forces but I will probably jsut get german ones for these to match the duals. JR Forces do not impress me and while the EM one are pretty nice I'm not interested in spending 4-5 k on the set. Also there would be a lot of EM foil in the deck wich is allready not to my liking, but many cards of this deck came out first there in jap foil. Also the original Art on FoW is one of the most iconic in MTG I guess so I won't insult this.

I know y'all gonna hate the goyfs, but I won't drop 6k on FS jap foil goyfs with the creature power creep. There will be a better tarmogoyf at some. I only startet playing again 15 months ago, so I had to aquire everything, if I still had those from FS time it would be something different, after all I'm really stupid with these things but not so stupid. I could buy almost all 3 seas in BETA for those goyfs and will defenitly go for that first

Yeah I know the hymns are ugly, but english FE hymns just look wrong in this deck too.

First picture is the deck, second is SB+spare cards (I'm missing some stuff there too I have to buy, like Jitte, OG Needle, Surigcal)

Quote Originally Posted by ethanet View Post
    I thought I'd introduce myself here with my elves deck. :)
    Beautiful, my one complaint is the FNM Cabal Therapies over the Judgment Foils. What happened there?

Psycho Crusher
    Jan 2010
    The 'Jing

Quote Originally Posted by magical-yata View Post
    Beautiful, my one complaint is the FNM Cabal Therapies over the Judgment Foils. What happened there?
    I'm guessing that he likes the new frame. I can respect the desire for consistency.
    A book about the dark side of Legacy: "Magic: The Addiction" // Conversations with Magic players: "Humans of Magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Plague Sliver View Post
    I'm guessing that he likes the new frame. I can respect the desire for consistency.
    But they chose correctly with the old frame fetches...

Quote Originally Posted by magical-yata View Post
    I know. It brings shame upon my family. It's hard to find Judgment foil Therapies here. I'm hoping to pick some up when I go to GP Chiba.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Very nice Elves build :)

Hey guys. I bought into Hexmage Depths (or Turbo Depths). I had basically everything but one Bayou and all 4 Dark Depths. I bought 4 FTV Dark Depths from SCG because they were cheap and I had credit. A thought pop'd in my mind that it may look weird to judges that my main combo piece and win condition that I would love in my opening hand are the only 4 foil cards in my deck (and ftv at that). Will people think I am trying to have an unfair advantage? Is this a reasonable concern or am I over thinking it? The only thing I can really think of doing is getting some of the other cards that are cheaper in foil. If I do love the deck I plan to foil it out anyways. Pls help.

Quote Originally Posted by aus9tin24 View Post
    Hey guys. I bought into Hexmage Depths (or Turbo Depths). I had basically everything but one Bayou and all 4 Dark Depths. I bought 4 FTV Dark Depths from SCG because they were cheap and I had credit. A thought pop'd in my mind that it may look weird to judges that my main combo piece and win condition that I would love in my opening hand are the only 4 foil cards in my deck (and ftv at that). Will people think I am trying to have an unfair advantage? Is this a reasonable concern or am I over thinking it? The only thing I can really think of doing is getting some of the other cards that are cheaper in foil. If I do love the deck I plan to foil it out anyways. Pls help.
    I can just tell you, that I got an mmediate game loss at EW Paris for my Ancestral Vision to be too curley and thus marked. And this was in a fully foiled deck and FTV tend to curl even more in my experience.

I would upgrade them to original Coldsnap. They are about the same price, it shouldn't cost you much.

Jan 2012
    Germany

If you start to worry about that, then wotc should sell ftv foils as non tournament legal, especially if a judge punishes that shit if everybody knows the foiling of those is retarded..

Nov 2010
    Tacoma, WA

Quote Originally Posted by blackberrybold View Post
    If you start to worry about that, then wotc should sell ftv foils as non tournament legal, especially if a judge punishes that shit if everybody knows the foiling of those is retarded..
    I've been saying this since day 1!

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

Assuming you double sleeved them immediately and haven't left them in super humid conditions, you'll probably be fine
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

Super Secret Tech "Ooh...shiny!"
    Jul 2010
    Edinboro, PA

aus9tin24
    I double sleeve my decks and I've never had a problem with foils curling and looking different than my non foils while sleeved, also keep the cards in a snug box and you shouldn't have issues there either.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Can't understand wanting the new new border if you have a choice, for any reason. You have to be a casual or have rickets.
    Cockatrice: EMFry

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Have you tried those desiccant packets?
    The purpose of any moat is to impede attack. Some are filled with water, some with thistles. Some are filled with things best left unseen.

Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Have you tried those desiccant packets?
    My cards are not bent at all. That isn't what I'm worried about really. I am worried that people think I am stacking my deck. A lot of people are under the impression that foil cards will go towards the top of your deck while being shuffled because the difference in weight and thickness. Whether or not this is true it is what is believed. I am just afraid people will think I am trying to do that because my only foil cards are the most important cards in my deck when really I just got them because they were the cheapest.

What is everyone's take on Foil vs say full Japanese non-foil? I live in Asia so it wouldn't be that hard to go full Chinese or Japanese with a turbo depths deck.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmdave View Post
    What is everyone's take on Foil vs say full Japanese non-foil? I live in Asia so it wouldn't be that hard to go full Chinese or Japanese with a turbo depths deck.
    You should get the cards that you like the most, without caring about "everyone's take".
    If you want to go for the most expensive cards, get everything foil, and russian > korean > japanese.

Thread Information