Page 935 of 956 FirstFirst ... 435835885925931932933934935936937938939945 ... LastLast
Results 18,681 to 18,700 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Nah, non-foil Japanese (with BB duals) is the best way to go! Full pimp for sure
    Get's boring too read the same crap every 5 pages from you... the english basic+italian Dual+jpn rest-guy, how feels, he has to judge everyone's deck because obviosly he is the head of the totally objective pimp council

Full non-foil jpn is aesthetic for sure. But full pimp? No way. You can buy most legacy decks full-jpn for less then a playset of jpn foils of the most expensive cards like noctalor said. They are (mostly) not even hard to find and cheaper than english foils mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmans View Post
    Ok first of all, saying Jap is insulting. Stick to JPN or Japanese instead.

I must agree that the very high end Foil, bèta and misprint is true pimp. More Pimp is more expensive.

Unfortunatly i have had very bad experiences with Foil card in compative environment causing game losses etc. So i decided long ago to sell the crap and 'stylize' my favorite decks rather then pimping them and buy NON-foil JPN (signed/altered).

Morale of the story is that i like to call my NON-foil JPN decks 'styled' rather then pimped. Or Maybe it is just budget pimp. Whatever. Please Keep on posting beautiful cards and decks and stop bitching.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
    I almost never bitch about decks posted here, I only feel triggered by full FTV being called pimp.

As I said, I think that lands deck is cool, and it's pimped, but even the guy owning the deck is calling it not full pimped.

And I'm just honestly tired of reading "animeguy" claiming that jpn is full pimp, mostly because I know how hella hard is to actually complete a single foil japanese deck or even getting a bunch of misprints, while I could buy a japanese kernel just by selling the few actually pimped decks I own and buying cards online, japanese non foil card are not expensive/hard to find.

In a way, reading those posts is like spending years of hard work for a PHD in astrophysics and having to hear people claiming the Earth is flat.

PS: I've always said jap, even when dealing with Japanese people, what's wrong with that?
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Noctalor View Post
    I almost never bitch about decks posted here, I only feel triggered by full FTV being called pimp.

PS: I've always said jap, even when dealing with Japanese people, what's wrong with that?
    I know. I am not aiming at you or anyone. I am ranting on the topic in general.

I can appriciate any effort one has put into his/her collection and love seeing exclusive cards. It is just Painful to see people in such a fruitless discussion. Maybe we miss a Guide-to-pimp with some do's and don'ts.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

As I said, I think that lands deck is cool, and it's pimped, but even the guy owning the deck is calling it not full pimped.

And I'm just honestly tired of reading "animeguy" claiming that jpn is full pimp, mostly because I know how hella hard is to actually complete a single foil japanese deck or even getting a bunch of misprints, while I could buy a japanese kernel just by selling the few actually pimped decks I own and buying cards online, japanese non foil card are not expensive/hard to find.

In a way, reading those posts is like spending years of hard work for a PHD in astrophysics and having to hear people claiming the Earth is flat.

The connotation behind "Jap" and how it was used as an ethnic slur, predominantly post WWII.

Quote Originally Posted by AznSeal View Post
    The connotation behind "Jap" and how it was used as an ethnic slur, predominantly post WWII.
    Wow, fuck me for being ignorant.
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

Wow, fuck me for being ignorant.
    We all learn something new every day :) it's sort of like the n-word for Japanese people. It's not as bad per say, because a lot of the hate being it died with the WWII generation, but the residual prejudice is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by AznSeal View Post
    We all learn something new every day :) it's sort of like the n-word for Japanese people. It's not as bad per say, because a lot of the hate being it died with the WWII generation, but the residual prejudice is still there.
    Since we're learning new things here, it's «per se». Sorry for being that guy.

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

So I'm on vacation back home. Find 3 old long boxes. Find some hidden gems from back in the day, cracked a ton of packs of tempest and urzas block so it was mostly chaff from those packs. Had stuff like wasteland, 4 ancient tombs, random ABU jank, staple commons and uncommons etc. Went down to the local to ship em. After all is said and done I get a store credit amount and inquire about the Chaos orb they have marked MP (I've seen this grading sold as NM on mkm, their grading is definitely favourable for buyers) quick browse on mkm and the price is right. The MP sol ring looked great til I pulled it out of the sleeve. Lower right corner is lightly inked, big bummer. So they call the store buyer up front to look at it, I walk him thru what's wrong with it. He ain't happy but has to eat it. Basically get it thrown in 😂 only paid $230 for those two in store credit, nothing out of pocket, after trading in a whole bunch of junk.

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

@ jandax: that's one sweet deal! I just paid for a Chaos Orb out of very own my pocket, but it was worth it though!
    Last edited by Chatto; 06-06-2017 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Grammar
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

Never thought flip practice would be so fun 🤗

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Dec 2011
    Barcelona, Catalonia

Hey there folks,

This week in Super Secret Tech, a wonderful pure aggro Legacy deck from 2010!

Here's the sideboard:

More pretty pics of Apes, Taigas, Bolts and another cards of old, as always, here. Enjoy!
    Colorless is the new blue
    http://ooh---shiny.blogspot.com

When Zoo was tier 1 in legacy, those were the days :)

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

Yeah 8 bolt Zoo was the shit

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by gRR!! View Post
    Hey there folks,

This week in ]Super Secret Tech, a wonderful pure aggro Legacy deck from 2010!

More pretty pics of Apes, Taigas, Bolts and another cards of old, as always

Looks sweet although I for some random reason I couldn't stop thinking about how the lands are arranged. Like the three basics not being together or fetches not all in a line or something. Pimp world problems I guess.
    Strawberry Shortcake

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...erry-Shortcake

What a brainstorm do? Draw card and activate on draw effects fix hand, removing woods
    #FreeNedleeds

Dec 2011
    Barcelona, Catalonia

Quote Originally Posted by Kap'n Cook View Post
    Looks sweet although I for some random reason I couldn't stop thinking about how the lands are arranged. Like the three basics not being together or fetches not all in a line or something. Pimp world problems I guess.
    LOL yes, I usually arrange the deck lands first alphabetically, then creatures alphabetically, then planeswalkers alphabetically, then other spells alphabetically, reversing order in alternate rows. Then I arrange sideboard the way it looks better. Pimp world problems, totally :)
    Colorless is the new blue
    http://ooh---shiny.blogspot.com

Alphabetical lands is the only way. Awesome deck like always.

Oct 2016
    Germany

New Stuff for my BR Reanimator I dind't post in this thread so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin Coldman View Post
    New Stuff for my BR Reanimator I dind't post in this thread so far.
    Awesome! Real gentleman plays combo!

Apr 2016
    Nor Cal

Update to my post from about a year ago. Almost finished with Canadian Threshold. Next in line are Judge Force of Wills and FBBs. (I did change my mind of Force of Wills) :P)

Here's an album link as well with some close-ups: https://imgur.com/a/ktrVp

Psycho Crusher
    Jan 2010
    The 'Jing

Very nice Canadian deck! Any plans for FBB/Betas in the future? :)
    A book about the dark side of Legacy: "Magic: The Addiction" // Conversations with Magic players: "Humans of Magic"

Thread Information