Page 675 of 956 FirstFirst ... 175575625665671672673674675676677678679685725775 ... LastLast
Results 13,481 to 13,500 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

We are lost. We can never go home.
    May 2011
    Noricum

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Update on my altered Miracles-deck. Altered Terminus/Entreats are stuck somewhere in the U.S. and won't arrive for the BoM. At the BoM I will receive a JTMS from BigUp - but this is what I am working with now.

Greetings
    My articles here, here, here and here | My current list | Follow me on Twitter | Questions I answered.

Nice alters. I hope all head judges are kind to you.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

The only questionable ones (in my opinion) are the lands. When 4 or 5 are stacked up on the field I could see it becoming confusing. Otherwise it all seems fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

We are lost. We can never go home.
    May 2011
    Noricum

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    The only questionable ones (in my opinion) are the lands. When 4 or 5 are stacked up on the field I could see it becoming confusing. Otherwise it all seems fine
    I know - that's why I've been starting to play "Lands up front" while not building any stacks. We will see how it goes.
    But I've been playing with altered Miracles for 3 GPs now, never had any problems with Judges- only with players, but this didn't matter, due to not having any problems with Judges.. :D

Thanks, anyways :)

Greetings
    My articles here, here, here and here | My current list | Follow me on Twitter | Questions I answered.

Cavern on Soldier
    Nov 2013
    Woodstock, Georgia, America

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    I saw Charles last week with a nice 44 oz. 7/11 cup on the table and was getting a little nervous last week
    His dog slobbering on the cards was sweet too!
    Soldier Stompy

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Isn't the reward for an IQ the right to play standard? I'd rather get rickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjer View Post
    I know - that's why I've been starting to play "Lands up front" while not building any stacks. We will see how it goes.
    But I've been playing with altered Miracles for 3 GPs now, never had any problems with Judges- only with players, but this didn't matter, due to not having any problems with Judges.. :D

Thanks, anyways :)

Greetings
    I started playing "Lands up front" because I was tired of people putting their hands all over my cards or just grabbing them nilly willy whenever they felt like it. With the lands inbetween they can't reach and have to ask. Stupid reason maybe... but still why I prefer that card placement method.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle".
    - Albert Einstein

Trop -> Nacatl Pass
    Dec 2003
    SUNY Geneseo

Quote Originally Posted by JPoJohnson View Post
    I started playing "Lands up front" because I was tired of people putting their hands all over my cards or just grabbing them nilly willy whenever they felt like it. With the lands inbetween they can't reach and have to ask. Stupid reason maybe... but still why I prefer that card placement method.
    This kinda seems shady, trying to stop them from reading cards, and them being reminded of things they could've missed? Could be.

Undefeated hair
    Jan 2012
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by troopatroop View Post
    This kinda seems shady, trying to stop them from reading cards, and them being reminded of things they could've missed? Could be.
    It's their own damn fault for not knowing what the card does. The text isn't even especially relevant for that between foreign cards, errata, and access to Oracle text via judges.
    Languages and dates for every set. For all you true pimps.

Indeed, but it's their right to read any card in play any time they want. If there is still relevant text on the card, get over the fact that they will be handling your cards. If you don't like it, don't play altered/foil cards.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It's their right to read the cards, yes. I am more than happy to pick it up and hand it to them. It's not their right to snatch it up smack my cards around or be rough with them at their own will because they forgot what it does from the last time they read it 10 seconds prior. I'm just not a big fan of people roughly handling my cards at their pleasure.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle".
    - Albert Einstein

None of that seems egregious, except that I went back and checked the previous posts, nothing was said about them being rough with them. It felt as though only the fear of damage was presented. If they are rough, call a judge. Until they are rough with your cards, let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    None of that seems egregious, except that I went back and checked the previous posts, nothing was said about them being rough with them. It felt as though only the fear of damage was presented. If they are rough, call a judge. Until they are rough with your cards, let it go.

I've had people be rough with my cards in the past. I see no reason to test the waters with each individual I play against.
    - Albert Einstein

Trop -> Nacatl Pass
    Dec 2003
    SUNY Geneseo

Quote Originally Posted by JPoJohnson View Post
    I've had people be rough with my cards in the past. I see no reason to test the waters with each individual I play against.
    Yes, everyone naturally wants to destroy your property. That's how people work, I reckon.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

It's why I always ask if I can touch peoples' cards, especially during stuff like Thoughtseize. I don't like it when people touch my stuff, so I always make sure it's okay.

Picking up a Summer Plains tomorrow at a Denny's. Classy as fuck.

-Matt

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    It's why I always ask if I can touch peoples' cards, especially during stuff like Thoughtseize. I don't like it when people touch my stuff, so I always make sure it's okay.

Picking up a Summer Plains tomorrow at a Denny's. Classy as fuck.

-Matt
    Nice! My best is buying a tundra at a Starbucks. Felt like I was purchasing national security secrets
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Magic Librarian
    Aug 2007
    Johannes de Silentio

Picked up a textless saga duress in a McDs once.
    One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

Super Secret Tech "Ooh...shiny!"
    Jul 2010
    Edinboro, PA

Last year I picked up 5 duals my friend was selling me at a Tim Hortons/Cold Stone. I got some ice cream while I waited for him.
    Can't understand wanting the new new border if you have a choice, for any reason. You have to be a casual or have rickets.
    Cockatrice: EMFry

Quote Originally Posted by troopatroop View Post
    Yes. Please read my Guardian Beast and don't get the oracle text, you'll go far in life.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

I think the worst part of dealing for a Beta Tundra in an IHOP was the fact that I passed the money very discreetly, and he just whipped it all out and counted it out loud. In a full IHOP. On Saturday morning. With a really sketchy looking busboy who looked like he would've cut that guy and run away with $800. Getting in $20's was a BAD idea, FYI.

Another time I drove out to a bus stop in the middle of suburbia at 2am because I got a text from a friend of a friend who wanted to buy a set of Goyfs, Confidants, Tarns, and Misties. Total at the time was about a grand. Sketchy as hell, but it all worked out.

-Matt

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

I once met up with a guy from a random MTG Facebook group to sell him a Misty. He just texted me the cross streets and I met him on the corner. I stood there for like ten minutes. Then he drove up, pushed open his passenger door, and leaned over to complete the transaction. He gave me two twenties. I gave him the good stuff. I felt like a drug dealer. Some muggles walked by and gave me the stinkeye.

It was pretty awesome.

Then I turned around and walked back into the LGS. Street cred ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED.
    was greg mitchells hair ever on camera?
    Elves Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/2EVsdw2

Thread Information