Page 757 of 956 FirstFirst ... 257657707747753754755756757758759760761767807857 ... LastLast
Results 15,121 to 15,140 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Quote Originally Posted by thegrinningdemon View Post
    I am just usually happy to have an artist sign my card. I don't want to be that guy. Here sign this...no use this pen...no don't sign in the picture box...take your time...no don't date it. Yeah I'm a giant douche what gave me away?
    You're paying money.

You own the cards.

You spent the time traveling and in line waiting.

Most artists are happy to comply.

---

You must be a giant push over in life, I feel sorry for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ochoa
    Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    I just come for the pretty pictures and mono-trolls.

Oct 2011
    Columbus, OH

Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    You're paying money.

You own the cards.

You spent the time traveling and in line waiting.

Most artists are happy to comply.

---

You must be a giant push over in life, I feel sorry for you.
    And you are an entitled douche that feels they have to shit on everyone and what they post.

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

And you are an entitled douche that feels they have to shit on everyone and what they post.
    I congratulate quite a few individuals on post content. The same goes for this thread as it does in life, shit in shit out. Take the time and effort to not post shit and I won't shit post.

Oct 2011
    Columbus, OH

I congratulate quite a few individuals on post content. The same goes for this thread as it does in life, shit in shit out. Take the time and effort to not post shit and I won't shit post.

Merry Christmas you unhappy shit posting push over.
    You are a sorry little man. It's must be hard to have to go through life shitting on everyone so you can feel better about yourself. I have contributed quite a but to this thread, but it probably wasn't worth your time. It really doesn't matter to me...you really aren't worth my time. I am sorry I posted in this thread today.

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

You are a sorry little man. It's must be hard to have to go through life shitting on everyone so you can feel better about yourself. I have contributed quite a but to this thread, but it probably wasn't worth your time. It really doesn't matter to me...you really aren't worth my time. I am sorry I posted in this thread today.

Yes, please point out to me where I shit post your graded Beta Power 9 set. Despite it being boring as hell from a collection standpoint, nowhere did I ever speak ill of it. So worked up over nothing but someone else's opinion, who's the sorry little man here? If you want to hand out participation awards to everyone who posts in this thread you should try coaching a travel soccer team instead, you'll get a lot more good feels.

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    I'll decline if I meet Harold McNeil at Dunkin Donuts and only have a black Sharpie ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Afro View Post
    Christmas came early today.
    Of course in fucking sharpie.
    Also for the record, I was trying to make a funny - not shit on a rare signature. Try following the conversation bro.

For those who own Judge/FTV foil Show and Tell, Survival of the Fittest and Necropotence, please do me a favor and burn them, they are the ugliest cards ever.

The alternate art on those 3 are especially hideous. FTV Berserk and foil Demonic Tutor also comes to mind. Why does Wizards have to ruin perfectly original artwork?
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSettler View Post
    Jesus H Cardsheet died for your NFC sins.

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Quote Originally Posted by death View Post
    For those who own Judge/FTV foil Show and Tell, Survival of the Fittest and Necropotence, please do me a favor and burn them, they are the ugliest cards ever.

The alternate art on those 3 are especially hideous. FTV Berserk and foil Demonic Tutor also comes to mind. Why does Wizards have to ruin perfectly original artwork?
    Hear Hear.

Oct 2011
    Columbus, OH

Yes, please point out to me where I shit post your graded Beta Power 9 set. Despite it being boring as hell from a collection standpoint, nowhere did I ever speak ill of it. So worked up over nothing but someone else's opinion, who's the sorry little man here? If you want to hand out participation awards to everyone who posts in this thread you should try coaching a travel soccer team instead, you'll get a lot more good feels.
    If Beta is boring, then it's a real snooze fest around my place. Let's agree to disagree.

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

I would add Judge FOW to your list.

You cannot expect every MTG player has a good taste of artistic works.
    Team Blood, Beijing.
    Currently play: Sneaky Show/ Lands

FTV Berserk and foil Demonic Tutor also comes to mind. Why does Wizards have to ruin perfectly original artwork?
    Royalties. Seriously.

Nov 2010
    Tacoma, WA

Most of the reprint new art sucks. theres very few that I'll even own but even then I have to have the original printing. I do like the judge demonic tutor but not better than A/B for sure!

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Some of the Tezzy list. Some of the stuff is still in the mail, but had nothing to do on Christmas eve except take pictures of cards :P

If you do still see English cards, they're in the mail, I swear!

-Matt

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Royalties. Seriously.
    This, and also the new-ish art direction means they are less willing to use stylized artwork like berserk and SnT.

Do you have a moment to talk about Primeval Titan?

May 2013
    Canada, eh

Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    This, and also the new-ish art direction means they are less willing to use stylized artwork like berserk and SnT.
    I hate this about modern Magic art. How can you not love RKF's art and other great art from that era? Today it's all computerised obvious art. The collector in me is very sad about that, especially when it makes hard to pimp.

Nov 2010
    New Zealand

http://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/com...es_this_exist/

https://www.facebook.com/harold.mcneill?fref=photo

His FB is a gold mine. He's a fan of the old hitler pope:

"For the Catholics, the last Pope who was one... instead of the present 'feel good' pretender who belongs in a different religion... H."

I doubt he would knowingly sign cards owned by non-whites (or gays or atheists). Perhaps best to reconsider giving him any more money to deface cards.
    mtgpimp

Buying cardboard >
    Jan 2011
    801,Utah

I'm not a fan of FTV/Judge foils, but the SotF looks good IMO.
    What it takes to be a pimp:
    1. Knowing the right people.
    2. Have the money
    Not one or the other, but both.

The fastest way to become a millionare is to start with a billion dollars, then start collecting magic cards, eh? - dry cereal

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by r3dd09 View Post
    I'm not a fan of FTV/Judge foils, but the SotF looks good IMO.
    Often times, the problem isn't that the promo art is necessarily bad. The problem is that the originals that they're replacing look fucking amazing.

There are some cards where the original art is beloved simply because it is the original. Things like Ancestral Recall and Berserk come to mind with this regard (some people may find them appealing in their own right, but those people aren't me, so for the purpose of this story I don't care). Then there are the cards that just flat out look good. The cards that, be they ninety cents or ninety dollars, represent the pinnacle of aesthetics. Survival of the Fittest has one of the best arts of all time, yet they fucked it with... that. Cards like Force of Will, Necropotence, Goblin Piledriver all represent the best of Magic. And they all got fucked. They can't even leave the little classics like Kitchen Finks and Spellstutter Sprite alone.

Off the top of my head, the FNM Bloodbraid Elf is probably the only card I would consider a distinct improvement over the original. Promo art isn't inherently bad. It's just never been better than what it's replaced.

bruizar

My issue isnt with the art per se, my issue is with the terrible foiling process. If they foiled and framed them like masques foils, I'd be all over it.

Oct 2014
    Albany, NY

I like the idea of taking modern bordered and making them traditional bordered for promo.

Is there much cooler than SOFI with the old border? Or crucible? THOSE should be the updates, wizards should leave the classics be, especially the art.

Thread Information