Page 830 of 956 FirstFirst ... 330730780820826827828829830831832833834840880930 ... LastLast
Results 16,581 to 16,600 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Really nice cards!
    About the confidants, both are nice, I have the promo ones because I love foil old border cards, but the ravnica one is also cool.
    I'm always wondering why so many people play M10 ponders, Tedin's ponder is amazing!
    Why do you play those foil hymns, but play alliances fows? It doesn't make much sense. And I guess the Sylvan Library will turn into Legends some day

Sweet deck. I'd go with normal bobs over promos just so all the creatures have the new border, but I know everyone here likes the old border more (I like the new border but whatever).

To the guy above, I'd never begrudge anyone for not having foil FoW's in their otherwise all pimp deck just because they're stupid expensive, far more than any other card there.
    From nothing came teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Random question, are there any ungraded Summer duals? Or have all of them been shipped off to BGS?

there are quite some ungraded summer duals floating around..

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

Check Facebook groups, think I've seen a couple on the high-end group but I may be thinking of something else
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post
    Really nice cards!
    About the confidants, both are nice, I have the promo ones because I love foil old border cards, but the ravnica one is also cool.
    I'm always wondering why so many people play M10 ponders, Tedin's ponder is amazing!
    Why do you play those foil hymns, but play alliances fows? It doesn't make much sense. And I guess the Sylvan Library will turn into Legends some day
    I play the M10 Ponder because from the day the Lorwyn Ponder got printed I found the artwork super ugly But yes beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Same reason for the promo FoW, even if I were willing to pay 650-700€ for the promo there is still the ugly picture. If they had printed the old artwork I would maybe work getting those, but as the reality looks different-> No thx.

The Hoover Hymn has a better picture but isnt foil and I like the new artwork too, so I play them. Working on getting them signed.

The signed legends Library will be coming for sure, I had to buy the 2 Lilis currently but hey german black boarded is not that bad
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by Manipulato View Post
    I play the M10 Ponder because from the day the Lorwyn Ponder got printed I found the artwork super ugly But yes beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Same reason for the promo FoW, even if I were willing to pay 650-700€ for the promo there is still the ugly picture. If they had printed the old artwork I would maybe work getting those, but as the reality looks different-> No thx.

The Hoover Hymn has a better picture but isnt foil and I like the new artwork too, so I play them. Working on getting them signed.

The signed legends Library will be coming for sure, I had to buy the 2 Lilis currently but hey german black boarded is not that bad
    Thanks for answering. I understand the alliances fows, I don't like the judge promos. It's just that I would play hoover's hymn unless the whole deck was foil (when possible), and seeing that fows are alliances I would have no doubt. BTW, I think Staples signed a few weeks ago in England, check some signing facebook groups in case you are looking for hard to find signatures.

The Staples signing is happening in ~2-3 weeks. Check "Givememana's Signed Magic the Gathering cards" on FB for details.

Rawr
    Feb 2009
    Ecuador

Quote Originally Posted by Vishen View Post
    Foil set

Solid except that's too bad about those bends

Has anyone had any luck really reducing the foil bending? I have some other cards bending more than others and this has caused a crease in one of them during shuffling. Does leaving them in a desiccator help at all? I thought about borrowing one from school.

Quote Originally Posted by snorlaxcom View Post
    Solid except that's too bad about those bends

Has anyone had any luck really reducing the foil bending? I have some other cards bending more than others and this has caused a crease in one of them during shuffling. Does leaving them in a desiccator help at all? I thought about borrowing one from school.
    I have a bunch of desiccant packs from electronics that I throw in my boxes with foils. That, along with tight packing, tends to keep them flat

cant play as much as he wants

Jun 2010

desiccant is a very good way to prevent it, but once they have bend i found it close to impossible to un-bend them.
    I had some foils pressed by a lot of weight, inside a book for a few days, but that barely worked.... once the foil metal-ish layer has deformed, you cant really re-form it...

Quote Originally Posted by sporenfrosch1411 View Post
    desiccant is a very good way to prevent it, but once they have bend i found it close to impossible to un-bend them.
    I had some foils pressed by a lot of weight, inside a book for a few days, but that barely worked.... once the foil metal-ish layer has deformed, you cant really re-form it...
    The curving is due to humidity, so id assume if you store your cards with silica gel packs it would help.

Quote Originally Posted by Manipulato View Post
    My current TA
    +1 on your choice of Ponders and Pulse.

Is that the altered U-Sea that`s on MKM.eu right now, or is it just identical?

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Havrekjex View Post
    +1 on your choice of Ponders and Pulse.

Is that the altered U-Sea that`s on MKM.eu right now, or is it just identical?
    Thx, itīs the mkm U-Sea...You can have it if you want
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Nov 2010
    Lisbon, Portugal

My English foil Miracles deck with 2 Expedition fetches, sideboard not included.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

i might have missed the discussion on this but why are the new foil fetch lands considered full art and thus demand a huge premium? They seem to have about the same picture as a regular card with a minimally transparent text box that still obstructs the image? I don't own any and maybe in person the image is better but pictures sure don't do them justice.

you could say that that foil JTMS pictured above is about as full art as the scalding tarn but i've never heard of jace referred to as full art... Maybe this is just WOTC shenanigans?
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Expedition lands are better in person though I was as skeptical as you at first. I personally own 42 of those and work hard to get 100. However, it's quite hard to get them at a bargain price.

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

They're all hype. Can't hold a candle to even Judge fetches, much less ONS ones.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by warai View Post
    German tundra's and mixed volcanics?

My eyes literally filled with tears. So close.

All three are Italian? Why would you possibly buy german tundra's and italian volcs? Makes literally zero sense, if you already are going for looks.
    Last edited by Quasim0ff; 10-26-2015 at 05:13 PM.

i would onestly feel bad about a board with 2 FBB Volcs and FBB tundra and a Nutella glitter fetch, but who am i to talk, i play khans polluted because i like the art
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

Thread Information