Page 906 of 956 FirstFirst ... 406806856896902903904905906907908909910916 ... LastLast
Results 18,101 to 18,120 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Quote Originally Posted by ScottW View Post
    Are foreign language no foil pimp? My question excludes black border duals and other similar stuff. I collect foreign non foil but I didn't think it hit the pimp thresh. Like Ponder, Daze, etc.
    I would argue a fully foreign non-foil deck (with matching duals) is pimp.

Are foreign language no foil pimp? My question excludes black border duals and other similar stuff. I collect foreign non foil but I didn't think it hit the pimp thresh. Like Ponder, Daze, etc.
    That's subjective. But if there's a foil version of the same exact card (language and edition) it's hard to justify nonfoil being pimp...

Do you have a moment to talk about Primeval Titan?

May 2013
    Canada, eh

Pimp is in the eye of the beholder.

Apr 2016
    Nor Cal

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt View Post
    That's subjective. But if there's a foil version of the same exact card (language and edition) it's hard to justify nonfoil being pimp...
    Some people don't like foils. There's a guy who plays in my area who uses beta duals with all japanese cards.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye_Mongoose View Post
    Some people don't like foils. There's a guy who plays in my area who uses beta duals with all japanese cards.
    For me, some foils look good, but honestly, they're for Pokemon and they warp. I'm all for whoever wants foils, but not for me. I'm just all about the Beta/old border. I think I'm just slowly turning into Sean O'Brien, with less signatures and more hair ;)

Nov 2006
    London

Top 5 most beautiful cards in Magic history (excluding misprints and test prints):

1. Old border foils - Urza block, 7th Ed., Judge Rewards up to 2003, Time Spiral time-shifted (probably in that order)
    2. Alpha
    3. Planar Chaos color-shifted foils / Future Sight time-shifted foils (tie)
    4. Sol Ring Judge Reward (2005)
    5. Arabian Nights/Legends/Antiquities lands

Site Contributor
    Jan 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    For me, some foils look good, but honestly, they're for Pokemon and they warp. I'm all for whoever wants foils, but not for me. I'm just all about the Beta/old border.
    Same.
    For those interested in the latest Ancient decks (and the format in general) visit: http://ancientmtgdecks.blogspot.ca/

Nov 2006
    London

Foils don't warp if you protect them. But I can understand why some people want their collections to be more durable, especially if you live in a hot and humid climate.

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Foils are almost always warped to some degree (slight to heavy). The only way to make sure your foils don't warp is if you open them in a pack yourself and immediately sleeve them up, regardless of climate.
    The purpose of any moat is to impede attack. Some are filled with water, some with thistles. Some are filled with things best left unseen.

Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    The only way to make sure your foils don't warp is if you open them in a pack yourself and immediately sleeve them up, regardless of climate.
    don't want to nitpick, but this is not really true, if you have high humidity foil Will still ben regardless if you sleeve it up immediatelly. I know, I used to have loads of foils and they all bent pretty quickly.

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Miagi View Post
    don't want to nitpick, but this is not really true, if you have high humidity foil Will still ben regardless if you sleeve it up immediatelly. I know, I used to have loads of foils and they all bent pretty quickly.
    Not that I want to actually test, but I opened a foil back when KTK was released and immediately triple sleeved it. It's remained flat this whole time.
    The purpose of any moat is to impede attack. Some are filled with water, some with thistles. Some are filled with things best left unseen.

Nov 2006
    London

1. Use perfect fits immediately after opening the pack or as soon as possible
    2. Keep stored in a cool, dark place (like a desk drawer)
    3. Save your silica gel desiccant packets

Curved foils may also flatten out over time if stored in a tightly packed deckbox or between book pages with a weight on top.

If the bend is really stubborn, you can try to apply some heat (with a hairdryer or something) to loosen up the foil before flattening it. Some people use a hot router or laptop for this. (Disclaimer: I haven't tried this method, but it could be an option worth exploring.)

Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye_Mongoose View Post
    I like foil cards, I used to have most of my decks foiled. Until I realised that I didn't need to have all those foil cards at all time in front of my eyes, and sold them to upgrade my p9. Now I still keep a few cheap foil cards because they look nice, but for my decks I go for plain english signed original edition, and fbb for duals. And I think that decks look better when you don't mix foil and non-foil cards.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by keys View Post
    Save your silica gel desiccant packets
    Curved foils may also flatten out over time if stored in a tightly packed deckbox or between book pages with a weight on top.
    QFT

I snagged the desiccant packet that came in my wife's birth control for a few months.
    Deck goes in, tilt the box to the side, slide in desiccant packet.

Can you get Karakas in german at all? Starting to build a foreign version of DnT/ImperialTaxes and want to find a language that I can match with every card in the deck. I want to stray away from mismatching languages.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by MTGeezy View Post
    Can you get Karakas in german at all? Starting to build a foreign version of DnT/ImperialTaxes and want to find a language that I can match with every card in the deck. I want to stray away from mismatching languages.
    No, Legends was only printed in English and Italian. Eternal Masters was printed in Japanese, Simplified Chinese, and English.

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    No, Legends was only printed in English and Italian. Eternal Masters was printed in Japanese, Simplified Chinese, and English.
    I suppose Japanese is my best bet then as far as the whole deck matching.

correct you can now fully jap dnt

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Played this oppressive Vintage deck designed to beat Vintage decks in a Sanctioned Vintage tournament, and lost to two Legacy-legal decks.

and Sideboard

Yay $4000 sideboards!
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Nice deck man.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ochoa
    Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    I just come for the pretty pictures and mono-trolls.

Thread Information