Page 282 of 282 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282
Results 5,621 to 5,639 of 5639

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Why crop over the more traditional living wish? Especially now that boseiju is a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    Why crop over the more traditional living wish? Especially now that boseiju is a thing.
    This is actually one of the reasons for which i personally don't like wishboarding on Enchantress: considering the engine of the deck is built towards draws, feels to me like wishboarding deviates from the deck's purpose and makes it less synergical and less reliable - most lists i've seen running Living Wish to seek for the deck's silver bullets and/or wincons posed as better versions of Enchantress but ended up as worse versions of Maverick.

And besides, if you're drawing into 15-25 cards a turn just to find a spell that will then let you find your wincon, why not drawing directly into your wincon?

Quote Originally Posted by pedropohren View Post
    This is actually one of the reasons for which i personally don't like wishboarding on Enchantress: considering the engine of the deck is built towards draws, feels to me like wishboarding deviates from the deck's purpose and makes it less synergical and less reliable - most lists i've seen running Living Wish to seek for the deck's silver bullets and/or wincons posed as better versions of Enchantress but ended up as worse versions of Maverick.

And besides, if you're drawing into 15-25 cards a turn just to find a spell that will then let you find your wincon, why not drawing directly into your wincon?
    In that case why aren't we just running 4 of the best land (sanctum)

In that case why aren't we just running 4 of the best land (sanctum)
    4 Sanctums will give you too many starting hands with it when you just needed a Forest or a fetchland. 2 would be too few copies since Exploration is in the deck and Wasteland is legal in the format. Three is the only number usable (from my experience).

4 Sanctums will give you too many starting hands with it when you just needed a Forest or a fetchland. 2 would be too few copies since Exploration is in the deck and Wasteland is legal in the format. Three is the only number usable (from my experience).
    Crop is not a green source either…

Crop is not a green source either…
    It doesn't have to be; it's not what it's in the deck for;

It doesn't have to be; it's not what it's in the deck for;
    My point is that if you feel the below:
    This is actually one of the reasons for which i personally don't like wishboarding on Enchantress: considering the engine of the deck is built towards draws, feels to me like wishboarding deviates from the deck's purpose and makes it less synergical and less reliable
    You should just run the best target instead of crop. You only have 1 crop and no way to find it. Crop also turns on your opponents’ countermagic in a deck that is mostly immune to it.

You should just run the best target instead of crop. You only have 1 crop and no way to find it. Crop also turns on your opponents’ countermagic in a deck that is mostly immune to it.
    To that, i must agree with you. If i had the slots for it, i'd run more than one copy (and if i could make it uncounterable without something like Veil of Summer). Because it is in the deck just to be that virtual extra copy of all the utility lands in the deck - especially Karakas in case of Griselbrands, Emrakuls and/or Marit Lages. I could, indeed, run a Forest in its place, or a second Boseiju; i just feel like it's not going to be in my hand all the time, but when it is, it will be useful.

But anyway, i still can take it off in the future if i end up finding out it doesn't pay off.

4 Argothian Enchantress
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    3 Destiny Spinner
    1 Sythis, Harvest's Hand
    1 Dryad Arbor
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    3 Mirri's Guile
    1 Sylvan Library
    3 Exploration
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Wild Growth
    3 Sterling Grove
    3 Solitary Confinement
    3 Elephant Grass
    1 Cast Out
    1 Crop Rotation
    3 Serra's Sanctum
    6 Forest
    4 Windswept Heath
    1 Hall of Heliod's Generosity
    1 Karakas
    1 Overgrown Tomb
    1 Savannah
    1 Boseiju, Who Endures
    2 Green Sun's Zenith

1 Helm of Obedience
    1 Doomwake Giant
    4 Leyline of the Void
    1 Stony Silence
    2 Cast Out
    2 Choke
    2 Abrupt Decay
    2 Seeds of Innocence

List i'm taking to the next tournament. Few changes to the deck (-1 Elephant Grass, +1 Solitary Confinement on the main deck - Confinement is a key card on this deck to stand against some of the best decks in the format, and not enough people on the meta run decks against which Grass is good) and sideboard (included a Helm just to have the combo available with Leyline; although i don't really like to play it, it's nice to just have it lying on the SB, waiting to catch someone by surprise), just to adapt a little better to the local meta. Still confabulating about the Crop Rotation issue... but so far it's been useful on the slot.

EDIT: future upgrades to the list include the possibility of removing once another copy of Elephant Grass to include the 4th copy of Sterling Grove, to get a little more resilience and tutoring power on the deck; although that would demand another consistent white source, like a basic Plains. So i'm still considering it.

Top 4 challenge this weekend: https://twitter.com/moro66g/status/1533126697721073665

2 Boseiju
    1 Karakas
    4 Vista
    1 Savannah
    2 Sanctum
    5 Snow Forest
    1 Snow Plains
    4 Heath

4 Thin Ice
    2 Elephant Grass
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Wild Growth
    3 RIP
    3 Sterling Grove
    2 Solitary
    4 Presence

4 Argothian
    3 Sythis
    4 Spinner

2 Helm
    1 GSZ

SB:
    1 Bayou
    2 Dread of Night
    1 E Plague
    2 FoV
    2 Decay
    1 Grafdiggers Cage
    2 Endurance
    2 Veil
    1 Cast Out
    1 Stony Silence

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    Top 4 challenge this weekend: https://twitter.com/moro66g/status/1533126697721073665

2 Boseiju
    1 Karakas
    4 Vista
    1 Savannah
    2 Sanctum
    5 Snow Forest
    1 Snow Plains
    4 Heath

4 Thin Ice
    2 Elephant Grass
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Wild Growth
    3 RIP
    3 Sterling Grove
    2 Solitary
    4 Presence

4 Argothian
    3 Sythis
    4 Spinner

2 Helm
    1 GSZ

SB:
    1 Bayou
    2 Dread of Night
    1 E Plague
    2 FoV
    2 Decay
    1 Grafdiggers Cage
    2 Endurance
    2 Veil
    1 Cast Out
    1 Stony Silence
    I really like this list. I've been rambling with the Idea of running snow basics for On Thin Ice for a while; might as well do in the future

EDIT: future upgrades to the list include the possibility of removing once another copy of Elephant Grass to include the 4th copy of Sterling Grove, to get a little more resilience and tutoring power on the deck; although that would demand another consistent white source, like a basic Plains. So i'm still considering it.
    Update: did exactly that. -1 Elephant Grass and 1 Forest, +1 Sterling Grove and 1 Plains. Plus, swapped the 2 Cast Outs on SB for the all new CLB's Banishments - lack the cycling ability, but 1) never used it; 2) the ability for it being a 2 for 1 or even - potentially - more (considering there's quite a few Jeskai Mentors on my local meta) makes it worth the SB slots.

Won't play again for a few months, though - let's see how the deck fares when i get to play it again.

4 Argothian Enchantress
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    3 Destiny Spinner
    1 Sythis, Harvest's Hand
    1 Dryad Arbor
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    3 Mirri's Guile
    1 Sylvan Library
    3 Exploration
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Wild Growth
    4 Sterling Grove
    3 Solitary Confinement
    2 Elephant Grass
    1 Touch the Spirit Realm
    1 Crop Rotation
    3 Serra's Sanctum
    5 Forest
    4 Windswept Heath
    1 Hall of Heliod's Generosity
    1 Karakas
    1 Overgrown Tomb
    1 Savannah
    1 Boseiju, Who Endures
    1 Plains
    2 Green Sun's Zenith

1 Helm of Obedience
    1 Doomwake Giant
    4 Leyline of the Void
    1 Stony Silence
    2 Touch the Spirit Realm
    2 Banishment
    1 Paradox Zone
    1 Rest in Peace
    2 Seeds of Innocence

My current list. Swapped the Cast Outs and Choke nº 1 for Touch the Spirit Realm, new addition from NEO to the roster of removal options which feels a little more powerful since i can use at any moment and counterproof unless my oponent's running Stifle. Yes, it's going to return at the end step, but in case of an imminent full power Murktide Regent coming at me, i can keep it under control continuously thanks to Hall of Heliod's Generosity. Choke nº 2 has been swapped out for a Paradox Zone to hold control decks. Ended up adding a solitary copy of Rest in Peace as well, to have the RiP-Helm combo available even if i'm not playing against a GY-based deck.
    Last edited by pedropohren; 10-08-2022 at 10:54 AM.

I really like this list, but it feels like this "one Triome to enable Leyline Binding" plan falls a little too vulnerable to Moon decks. If there aren't that many on your local meta, then it's perfectly fine. In fact, it's quite a clever tech that i could never try with my list for exactly that reason quoted prior :P

Even though the fact it's GSZ-tutorable is a perk, i don't feel like Ouphe could be a better side option against artifact decks than Stony Silence, due to the fact it synergizes better with the strategy. (EDIT: it's also not so much worse than Ouphe because even though it's not GSZ-tutorable, it's SG-tutorable. Not the same, but good enough since it will still draw you 2-3 cards once it's cast.)

Also, the control matchups tend to skew towards Enchantress, so i don't feel like CoF is the better option for those slots either. I'd swap those for a copy of Paradox Zone since it will punish control decks a lot more for pushing for a late game, and the other slot could be allocated for a 2nd copy of Stony Silence, or whatever other card you feel fit according to your local meta. (EDIT: just a tip: if you've got an 8cast or two on your meta, you might wanna consider including a copy or two of Seeds of Innocence.)

Last but not least... 2 copies of Leyline of Sanctity? Feels a little unconsistent to me :/

Sorry for roasting your card choices like this, like i said before, i really like your list; just got a little carried away when thinking how it could get even better
    Last edited by pedropohren; 10-17-2022 at 10:55 PM.

I’m not entirely sure Argothian Enchantress or Enchantress’s Presence is an auto-include in Enchantress anymore.

There might be a case for Weaver of Harmony and Setessan Champion in lieu of them. Weaver of Harmony pumps other enchantments (19 effected cards) while also having the ability to copy the draw effects of Eidolon or Sythis, along with other interaction targets (Spinner, Nylea, Banishing Light, Michiko’s RoT). Setessan Champion has the draw engine while also being a win condition.

Argothian has 0 power without all the other jazz Weaver of Harmony can do. The built-in shroud is nice, but we do have Sterling Grove/Greater Auramancer and Weaver of Harmony is an enchantment which triggers and has synergy with at least 1/3 of the deck.

Enchantress’s Presence is a great draw engine, but isn’t a threat and a blocker like WoH. If anything, trying to find room for one more Weaver of Harmony.

//20 Enchantment Creatures
    4 Destiny Spinner
    4 Sanctum Weaver
    4 Eidolon of Blossoms
    3 Jukai Naturalist
    3 Weaver of Harmony
    1 Nylea, Keen-Eyed
    1 Sythis, Harvest’s Hand

//4 Non-Enchantment Creatures
    3 Setessan Champion
    1 Katilda, Dawnhart Martyr

//15 Non-Creature Enchantments
    4 Wild Growth
    4 Banishing Light
    2 Exploration
    1 Greater Auramancy
    1 Michiko’s Reign of Truth
    1 Sphere of Safety
    1 Sterling Grove
    1 Utopia Sprawl

//2 Utility
    2 Replenish

//19 Land
    1 Castle Garenbrig
    1 Gaea’s Cradle
    1 Lair of the Hydra
    1 Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth
    1 Serra’s Sanctum
    3 Snow-Covered Forest
    3 Sunpetal Grove
    4 Windswept Heath
    4 Savannah

//Sideboard
    4 Aegis of the Gods
    4 City of Solitude
    3 Ghostly Prison
    4 Ground Seal

Thoughts? Concerns? suggestions?
    Last edited by AggControl; 11-13-2022 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AggControl View Post
    I’m not entirely sure Argothian Enchantress or Enchantress’s Presence is an auto-include in Enchantress anymore.

There might be a case for Weaver of Harmony and Setessan Champion in lieu of them. Weaver of Harmony pumps other enchantments (19 effected cards) while also having the ability to copy the draw effects of Eidolon or Sythis, along with other interaction targets (Spinner, Nylea, Banishing Light, Michiko’s RoT). Setessan Champion has the draw engine while also being a win condition.

Argothian has 0 power without all the other jazz Weaver of Harmony can do. The built-in shroud is nice, but we do have Sterling Grove/Greater Auramancer and Weaver of Harmony is an enchantment which triggers and has synergy with at least 1/3 of the deck.

Enchantress’s Presence is a great draw engine, but isn’t a threat and a blocker like WoH. If anything, trying to find room for one more Weaver of Harmony.

//20 Enchantment Creatures
    4 Destiny Spinner
    4 Sanctum Weaver
    4 Eidolon of Blossoms
    3 Jukai Naturalist
    3 Weaver of Harmony
    1 Nylea, Keen-Eyed
    1 Sythis, Harvest’s Hand

//4 Non-Enchantment Creatures
    3 Setessan Champion
    1 Katilda, Dawnhart Martyr

//15 Non-Creature Enchantments
    4 Wild Growth
    4 Banishing Light
    2 Exploration
    1 Greater Auramancy
    1 Michiko’s Reign of Truth
    1 Sphere of Safety
    1 Sterling Grove
    1 Utopia Sprawl

//2 Utility
    2 Replenish

//19 Land
    1 Castle Garenbrig
    1 Gaea’s Cradle
    1 Lair of the Hydra
    1 Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth
    1 Serra’s Sanctum
    3 Snow-Covered Forest
    3 Sunpetal Grove
    4 Windswept Heath
    4 Savannah

//Sideboard
    4 Aegis of the Gods
    4 City of Solitude
    3 Ghostly Prison
    4 Ground Seal

Thoughts? Concerns? suggestions?
    I disagree with you on the Argothian/Presence issue. Indeed, they occupy 8 slots of the deck; but Argothian's shroud and Presence not being a creature are really important as those factors make removing those permanents harder. Enchantress can only work properly when the Enchantress Effects are on the table, so having them easily removable is usually just giving your opponent a more than perfect target for their otherwise useless removals. And that's my main concern with Sythis and Setessan: I've ran both in the past (currently running Sythis) and their main issue is exactly being always a worse option for GSZ than Argothian or Spinner. And on the "Sterling Grove/Greater Auramancy-granted shroud" thing, you can't take it for granted; You're not always gonna have it on the battlefield when you need it, even if you run 4 copies.

However, i agree with you on the Weaver of Harmony thing. I've already got one for my pool, in case it becomes strong on the deck. However, i would never run more than 2 copies. It's doubling-abilities feature can be useful, but only when you're activating Spinner's ability, or something else that can win you the game. You're gonna be wasting value if you use it to double an Enchantress trigger, especially considering you must tap it to activate it.

Now to the main issue i have with your list: i would LOVE to see this list playing, cause it feels a blast to play; but i'm afraid that on focusing more on going aggro with enchantments (wanting Weaver for its static ability rather than its activated ability, using Setessan Champion over Argothian Enchantress, using Michiko's Reign of Truth to attack for the number of enchantments, using Gaea's Cradle over Serra's Sanctum, etc.) rather than the usual 'draw-pillowfort-then-combo-off' strategy the deck employs, you might end up being too slow for the pace of the format but without the same consistency. For those standards, Enchantress is a slow deck by default, so it's quite hard to win a game if you don't spend a good part of your strategy slowing your opponent down and dragging them for a long game. And alas, on the current meta, it's quite hard that you're ever going to out-agro any Murktide Regent deck. :/

Still, i love your list. If you actually get to make a good result with it, please report it here, i would love to be proven wrong on that :333
    Last edited by pedropohren; 11-14-2022 at 05:49 PM.

Do we have a case about Heliod, the Radiant Dawn? It's the first time we have a flash-granting enchantment that could be genuinely played in this deck.

Let's envision a playline: on your opp's endstep, you crack a Sterling Grove to reach out for it in your deck; on your turn, you tap a Serra's Sanctum to cast it, draw 2-3 cards out of your Enchantresses, and when it ETBs, you get your SG back to your hand. With the remainder mana, you transform it and passes the turn. Should your opponent try any removal spell, you can in response cast that very SG you cracked off to tutor for Heliod, and said removal spell will lose its target and fizzle - and you'll draw cards out of it. And after that, you can play all your enchantments on your opp's turn, in response to anything, and having the option to play reactively rather than just proactively if the situation demands you to - something that's (almost) totally new for this strategy.

And i haven't even tackled yet on the cost-reducing effect and on the fact it can attack for 4 every turn. '-'

(P.S.: i don't think we need to discuss Spark Rupture as a perfect sideboard option against Narset, Parter of Veils decks, do we?)
    Last edited by pedropohren; 05-13-2023 at 02:32 PM.

Thread Information