Page 254 of 282 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,080 of 5639

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Hehehe, I'm excited for that card. I don't mind if it's a little on the expensive side. It's instant speed removal, that's decay proof, and makes it difficult for Miracles also. it actually gives me interaction to other decks doing silly stuff, plus just 1 to toss it away when we draw it early is perfect. We can just replenish it later. :) I'm getting a play set for my collection. :)

I hope we get other stuff ^_^ (alpha investment's greed monster pops out).
    Legacy: GWR Enchantress (2010-Current)
    I'm also always looking for friendly players in League of Legends IGN Dread Return, doesn't have to be competitive, just be nice and friendly.
    [S3 - Diamond, S4 - Diamond, S5 - Diamond, Current Season - Diamond] Primary role Support, Secondary MID Lane, Alternate Jungle.

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

Quote Originally Posted by 16km View Post
    I don't believe so. It's a targeting triggered ability.
    Oh, duh. For some reason I thought it was an aura.

Aug 2016
    Flanders

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthepit View Post
    Oh, duh. For some reason I thought it was an aura.
    If it was an aura, he'd not draw / Replenishing Lignify f.ex. does not target & can enchant Shroud creatures too

Site Contributor
    Sep 2015
    Austin TX

For those of you on the black splash: what do you think of Trial of Ambition? Edict effects could be nice vs Leovold, but not sure if it's any better than Journey to Nowhere, Lignify, etc.

Aug 2016
    Flanders

Looks like an interesting card that may be playable against some decks (although I doubt Enchantress needs this effect), but I wouldn't see it as efficient against Leovold specifically;

They are likely to have more than 1 creature (DRS, Noble Hiërarch), ... that they can sac. If you need to deal with Leovold, you better be sure Leovold is what you'll be killing (Decay, STP, Journey/ORing/...) and not leaving a chance they run mana dorks or even TNN to sac instead.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I think the 4 mana flash enchantment is for more something I'd be likely to play. Targeted removal is more what this deck needs because it only cares about specific cards. Plus it can even hit an Omniscience or Jace or Liliana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Dec 2016
    Seattle

Has anyone tried Engineered Plague? That+Doomwake seems like it could clear the board pretty easily.

Dec 2013
    Lowell MA

Quote Originally Posted by 16km View Post
    Has anyone tried Engineered Plague? That+Doomwake seems like it could clear the board pretty easily.
    I've played engineered plague in the past, but it was before doomwake was a cad, and when elves was tier 1. Doomwake is just the better choice in most cases. And if you are looking to beat specifically DnT, then dread of night is where it's at. I guess if you are looking to nuke some TNNs then you maybe E plague in the side is fine, but honestly, TNN decks are bad vs enchantress.

Trial of ambition, while sweet, doesn't quite do what we want it to do. Cast out is exactly the card we needed and I'll be pretty happy to pick up a play set even with the standard tax.

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

Played Legacy at FNM earlier today. Took top 4 with Enchantress, had some great games today.

Round 1 Vs Miracles (Draw)
    Came in really late, as I had to pick up my friend and bring him to our LGS so he can play EDH. I told my fiends to go ahead and sign me up, I'll just accept the loss and play the next rounds. When I got there, my opponent was kind enough to play out game 2, he took game 1 as I was late. That was fine, thanks for giving me a chance. Took that round.

Round 2 Vs Mentor Deathblade (Victory)
    Game 1 1, I am not really sure what hes on. I had an Argothian in play by turn 2, and Anything he dropped I Banishing Light. He fell behind in board development while I was ahead and still building up. I eventually hard casted Emrakul, he bounced my Emrakul, but really all He's doing was delaying me by like a few seconds. Game 2, his army was held off by Moat with Sterling Grove back up, and while he can't do much, I decided to grab Sigil and start amassing an army while he was tyring to find solution for my Moat.

Round 3 Vs UR Delver (Lost: 1 lander both games)
    Hm, my most unfortunate and most unfun game :( Came there to play magic. I was not playing Magic. Game 1 I was stucked at 1 land, with several argothians in hand a bunch of ramps, and solitary but Mirri's guile can't do anything for me. Game 2, I was stucked at 2 mana (1 lander with growth), with two argothians, one Presence, 2 Solitary... I never saw my 2nd land... bleh... x_x

Round 4 Vs Imperial Painter (Victory)
    Game 1 there's so much stuff going on, as he had painter in play, and also ethersworn, jaya ballard, and magus of the moon. But my Engine, is allowing me to draw deep, since his clock is pretty slow, I was able to set up grove search for grove search for grove, grab banishing light... Replenish, to bring back my groves and tutor for more Banishing Lights, all while my sole Enchantress is helping me out. Game 2 my deck became so diluted but everything I brought in was so Relevant that there was really not much for him to do. I brought in 4 Leylines, 3 Pithing Needle, 3 Seal of Primordium. With the already main decked playset of Banishing Light, the deck for this game was just sheer hate.

I took top 4, I gave my store credit to one of my buddies who plays MUD. There's really nothing I want and my buddy is trying to slowly build a deck so I gave my store credit to him.
    Legacy: GWR Enchantress (2010-Current)
    I'm also always looking for friendly players in League of Legends IGN Dread Return, doesn't have to be competitive, just be nice and friendly.
    [S3 - Diamond, S4 - Diamond, S5 - Diamond, Current Season - Diamond] Primary role Support, Secondary MID Lane, Alternate Jungle.

Long time reader. I used to run red splash for main deck blood moon and words of war. I run a black splash now for doomwake.

Here is my list:

4 Argothian Enchantress
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    1 Eidolon of Blossoms

4 Wild Growth
    3 Abundant Growth
    3 Utopia Sprawl
    3 Chrome Mox

4 Sterling Grove
    2 Enlightened Tutor

3 Elephant Grass
    1 Sphere of Safety

1 Solitary Confinement
    1 Oblivion Ring
    1 Rest in Peace
    1 Helm of Obedience
    2 Doomwake Giant

2 Replenish

2 Serra's Sanctum
    4 Windswept Heath
    2 Verdant Catacombs
    5 Forest
    3 Plains
    3 Savannah
    1 Bayou

Side Board:
    1 Humility
    1 Seal of Cleansing
    1 Ground Seal
    3 Lignify
    1 Karmic Justice
    1 Aura of Silence
    1 Seal of Primordium
    1 Oblivion Ring
    1 City of Solitude
    1 Rest in Peace
    2 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Aegis of the Gods

I switched from red to black as the 3rd color as well. I found words of war clunky even though it gives you direct damage. Thinking of using 4th color blue with energy fields since I do not go with the replenish game plan. It seems only if I had eidolon of blossoms out and replenish is not countered, it's useful. I find RIP is useful even without the helm combo.

Disagree with many people about green sun zenith needing 4. Tend to find them dead cards late game. Haven't decided if 2 or 3 is better with 2 or 3 sterling groves.

Also, with black, I can play my own abrupt decay.

Cheatyface
    May 2014
    Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Gozerfish View Post
    I switched from red to black as the 3rd color as well. I found words of war clunky even though it gives you direct damage. Thinking of using 4th color blue with energy fields since I do not go with the replenish game plan. It seems only if I had eidolon of blossoms out and replenish is not countered, it's useful. I find RIP is useful even without the helm combo.

Disagree with many people about green sun zenith needing 4. Tend to find them dead cards late game. Haven't decided if 2 or 3 is better with 2 or 3 sterling groves.

Also, with black, I can play my own abrupt decay.
    If they're dead cards late game, that means your engine is already online, and having a few dead cards doesn't matter. If you don't have an enchantress on board (because it got countered, discarded, or removed from play), you WILL lose that game. Running a full set of GSZ mitigates the likelihood of this happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosjace View Post
    I am a dreamer though. I like unorthodox solutions to problems that don't exist.

Dec 2013
    Lowell MA

Quote Originally Posted by LordOMJ View Post
    If they're dead cards late game, that means your engine is already online, and having a few dead cards doesn't matter. If you don't have an enchantress on board (because it got countered, discarded, or removed from play), you WILL lose that game. Running a full set of GSZ mitigates the likelihood of this happening.
    I also don't think it's the greatest idea to only play 2 gsz. With 12 enchantress effects in a 60 card deck the odds of having enchantress in your 7 card opening hand is ~81%. With only 10 enchantress effects the odds are ~74%. That seems like too many extra mulligans due to not having the name sake card. Additionally, you can't always expect your first copy of enchantress to resolve or survive, in which case you want better odds of finding a second copy. Even when the first copy does resolve, you still want to find your second and third copy of the effect.

The value of the 2nd and 3rd copies of enchantress are really high, and the value of the rest of the deck without any enchantress effects in play is really low. I guess there are exceptions to that. For example, Claulis is on double doomwakes, which is an enchantress effect of sorts, and he has replaced zenith with E tutors and a full complement of sterling groves. That's not an approach I would choose for myself because it seems too soft to permission, but in a creature heavy meta it's probably very good.

Hello guys,

i have been playing enchantress for four years now and I think i have tested most of enchantress builds that could be viable. At the moment i am writing this, my deck is tweeked to counter aggro loam, lands, death and taxes, bug midrange and creature based combo decks, while being viable against miracles. Personnaly I have chosen to play only 2 Green Sun's Zenith but that is because I have decided to maindeck 2 Humilities, which yes, shut down my enchantress, but I have playtested it enough to safely say that once a Humility is on the board, most matchups are won on the spot, as it makes elephant grass much better while shuting down cards like reclamation sage and flickerwisp which ruined my day more then once (Especially elves, I hate this deck ^ ^). Also I play an eidolon of Blossoms to compensate for the loss of an enchantress effect, while making the green Sun's Zeniths more impactful in the later stages of the games. Either it builds up my engine or the game is won anyway because Humility is an MVP. It just gives you so much time to build up your wall and engine that having to wait for an enchantress presence is worth it. Also having two of them maindeck makes Show and Tell players tilt so hard :D .

What do you think about this new enchantment as a kill condition? Maybe 1 of.

http://www.magicspoiler.com/mtg-spoi...m-convergence/

It will help fight against flying big and little guys and makes big guys on the ground.

Aug 2016
    Flanders

It's very bad and does nothing that Enchantress really needs

Prevents only fliers: Sphere of safety, Elephant Grass, Solitary confinememt already do similar or better things at a much lower mana cost.

Making a bunch of 5/5s seems good against Miracles, but at 8!! mana it's just underwhelming and too slow against other decks. I think you rather want an "I win button" if it's 8 mana like Helm rip or Emrakul.

Aug 2016
    Flanders

Quote Originally Posted by inori View Post
    Hello guys,

i have been playing enchantress for four years now and I think i have tested most of enchantress builds that could be viable. At the moment i am writing this, my deck is tweeked to counter aggro loam, lands, death and taxes, bug midrange and creature based combo decks, while being viable against miracles. Personnaly I have chosen to play only 2 Green Sun's Zenith but that is because I have decided to maindeck 2 Humilities, which yes, shut down my enchantress, but I have playtested it enough to safely say that once a Humility is on the board, most matchups are won on the spot, as it makes elephant grass much better while shuting down cards like reclamation sage and flickerwisp which ruined my day more then once (Especially elves, I hate this deck ^ ^). Also I play an eidolon of Blossoms to compensate for the loss of an enchantress effect, while making the green Sun's Zeniths more impactful in the later stages of the games. Either it builds up my engine or the game is won anyway because Humility is an MVP. It just gives you so much time to build up your wall and engine that having to wait for an enchantress presence is worth it. Also having two of them maindeck makes Show and Tell players tilt so hard :D .

I'm definitely interested in this!

I have played a 2 Humility 2 Sacred Mesa fun/troll build on Mtgo for a few days last december and made 4-1 the first go (only lost to BUG r5 after not having any more wincons in the deck (he topdecked Lili 2x to -2 my last 2 1/1 enchantresses), but didn't get to repeat that afterwards.

If only I'd had a backup emrakul then I'd just have reshuffled & won in like 20 more turns
    Maybe 3 Rip- 2 Helm would have been more efficient

Quote Originally Posted by Fjaulnir View Post
    It's very bad and does nothing that Enchantress really needs

Prevents only fliers: Sphere of safety, Elephant Grass, Solitary confinememt already do similar or better things at a much lower mana cost.

Making a bunch of 5/5s seems good against Miracles, but at 8!! mana it's just underwhelming and too slow against other decks. I think you rather want an "I win button" if it's 8 mana like Helm rip or Emrakul.
    Maybe a 1 of sideboard card against miracles then? This stops entreat pretty well.

So I've always had a desire to play Enchantress but I never really attempted to build the deck, until recently. I saw a Bant Enchantress list and I'm curious what you all think of it.

Creatures
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

Spells
    1 Enlightened Tutor
    2 Green Sun's Zenith

Enchantments
    4 Elephant Grass
    2 Mirri's Guile
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    3 Wild Growth
    2 Energy Field
    3 Rest in Peace
    3 Sterling Grove
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    1 Oblivion Ring
    3 Solitary Confinement
    1 Sigil of the Empty Throne

Lands
    6 Forest
    1 Karakas
    2 Plains
    1 Savannah
    2 Tropical Island
    2 Serra's Sanctum
    4 Windswept Heath
    3 Wasteland

Aug 2016
    Flanders

Quote Originally Posted by MrFrowny_ View Post
    So I've always had a desire to play Enchantress but I never really attempted to build the deck, until recently. I saw a Bant Enchantress list and I'm curious what you all think of it.

Creatures
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

Spells
    1 Enlightened Tutor
    2 Green Sun's Zenith

Enchantments
    4 Elephant Grass
    2 Mirri's Guile
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    3 Wild Growth
    2 Energy Field
    3 Rest in Peace
    3 Sterling Grove
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    1 Oblivion Ring
    3 Solitary Confinement
    1 Sigil of the Empty Throne

Lands
    6 Forest
    1 Karakas
    2 Plains
    1 Savannah
    2 Tropical Island
    2 Serra's Sanctum
    4 Windswept Heath
    3 Wasteland
    I think you forgot a Helm of Obedience in there somewhere? (since your build plays maindeck Rest in Peace - it's silly not to include the random "oops I win" button in there )

Thread Information