Page 3 of 282 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Site Contributor
    Dec 2004
    Jamaica Plain, MA

Re: [DTW] Enchantress (Solitare)

Meister_Kai, your deck looks good, and I'm happy that someone has been playing the blue splash. It doesn't look like you've got any tools to deal with Goblins outside of Solitary Confinement, so that has to be remedied. But that shouldn't be too difficult to shore up. I've also never been a fan of Living Wish, and I'm still not sure I'm a fan of it here. That wish board looks nice and all, but I just don't know if it's worth the added investment in time and mana, and the reduced enchantment count. I'll do some testing though.

Seems like at the very least, these
    Quote Originally Posted by Meister_Kai View Post
    3 Seal of Cleansing
    Should become Seal of Primordium. And do you really need 3?

More German than Germans
    Jul 2006
    Madison/Muncie IN

Quote Originally Posted by Lego_Army_Man View Post
    Meister_Kai, your deck looks good, and I'm happy that someone has been playing the blue splash. It doesn't look like you've got any tools to deal with Goblins outside of Solitary Confinement, so that has to be remedied. But that shouldn't be too difficult to shore up. I've also never been a fan of Living Wish, and I'm still not sure I'm a fan of it here. That wish board looks nice and all, but I just don't know if it's worth the added investment in time and mana, and the reduced enchantment count. I'll do some testing though.

Seems like at the very least, these

Should become Seal of Primordium. And do you really need 3?
    Thank you for responding to the post! It is indeed hard to find someone who plays the blue splash, and the builds that I have seen vary wildly (most people will advocate the win-more card Trade Routes, which my testing has proven unessicary).

@ Goblins: In my metagame, there are few goblin players. The group usually consists of a couple thresh players (various builds), control (landstill, stax), some combo (TES, Solidarity) and a few other random teir 1-2 decks. Since Grass is meh in the majority of the matches I play, I have 4 sideboarded just for goblins.

@ Living Wish: I like it because it more or less can get me out of any situations (closest game I can remember is having JUST enough mana to wish for, play, then use a Virdian Zealot before Scepter-chat would've locked me down), being the utility card that it is.

@ Seal of Cleansing: Three is needed in my meta. Like I said in my first post, this deck will have to be changed to fit the meta at large. As for Seal vs. Seal, I think I might change it up to 2 prim, 1 clean. as I think people are more likely to extract/mage/whatever prim because they are newer and fresher (word?) in the minds of players overall.

For people who don't know how the combo works, it goes something like this:

Have a land in play that can produce green, with a Utopia Sprawl that produces a color (as long as you are getting U/G with every tap) and a Serra's Sanctum that can produce, oh lets say, WWWW.

Have at least 2 Enchantress affects and a Words of Wind in play, along with a Cloud of Faeries and a 1 casting cost green enchantment (I like using Exploration for this)

Tap the Lands (U,G,WWWW), and play a Cloud of Faeries (using U,W).
    Untap Serra's Sanctum and the other land.
    Play Exploration (WWW remaining), but instead of drawing cards, pay WW to return Exploration and Faeries to your hand (W remaining).
    Since the lands are untaped, do it again! (and again, so on)

Every time you Build up 1(W), so you have infinite mana. Since everyone has to return 2 permanents every time, you opponent has no board. If he doesn't conceed right then and there, stop the cycle and hit him for a 1,000,000+ Stroke, of wish for Ambassador Laquatus and mill him (if you do this, make sure to leave some mana left to counter and Daze effects etc).
    If you have nothing to do with the mana, just spend it into Words of Wind.

Thats about it. When I play my deck, I usually go for the lock down with WoW ASAP (no infinite stuff, just locking him down). I kill more often with Akroma than anything else. I hate using the squee stall tactic even more than I hate using the same tactic with Genesis in Extended, but oh well.
    Ich bin aueslander und sprechen nicht gut Deutsch

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

For the meta-game you're describing, I'm not sure Enchantress is ideal, but some thoughts;

If you want 3 disenchant effects, I would split it 1 Seal of Primordium/1 Seal of Cleansing/1 Aura of Silence; the added power of Aura is something I doubt you'll regret.

If you're running Living Wish, why isn't there an Argothian to wish for?

Even if you're going to play blue, the Cloud of Faeries combo is unnecessary; at most you should have one as a wish target, but especially in a control-heavy enviroment, it's clutter without the rest of the setup, and doesn't dig very well.

Also, it seems like StP should be common in your meta-game; why not Simic Sky-Swallower instead of Akroma?
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

More German than Germans
    Jul 2006
    Madison/Muncie IN

Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaOfTheAges View Post
    For the meta-game you're describing, I'm not sure Enchantress is ideal, but some thoughts;

If you want 3 disenchant effects, I would split it 1 Seal of Primordium/1 Seal of Cleansing/1 Aura of Silence; the added power of Aura is something I doubt you'll regret.

If you're running Living Wish, why isn't there an Argothian to wish for?

Even if you're going to play blue, the Cloud of Faeries combo is unnecessary; at most you should have one as a wish target, but especially in a control-heavy enviroment, it's clutter without the rest of the setup, and doesn't dig very well.

Also, it seems like StP should be common in your meta-game; why not Simic Sky-Swallower instead of Akroma?
    @ Aura: I've been off and on with Aura for a long time, throwing it in and out of the deck every so often. For some reason I have bad luck with it, never getting the WW to play it soon enough to make a difference (why I have such a hard time getting WW when i'am trying to use this card, i'll never know). If I were to make an official, official list though, I guess I would go with the set-up you suggested.

@ A.Wish: I want to make sure I draw an Argothian, or any Enchantress effect, not have to wish for one. Since there are already 8 effects in the deck, plus 4 searches to get more if needed (and wisdom to bring them back). I considered putting in a lone Ver. Enchantress in the board, but in testing it didn't hold its weight.

@ Faeries: The infinite loop was first needed to combat things such as Aluren (if they couldn't kill the with the combo at first, they would gain infinite life then just sit), but now with both the resurgance and de-resurgance (probably not a word) of Aluren, I just don't know. Various things have been in this spot over the years, including x2 Ground Seal, x1 Null Chamber and x1 Trade Routes, 2 Elephant Grasses, 2 Sacred Mesa etc. I haven't updated my list in quite awhile, and since cards like Extripate have been printed, 2 Ground Seals might see there way back to this slot. Unless something unknown to me has been printed that is better.

@ Angel: The vigilance and nantucko shade/piledriver garunteed survivability (along with haste) keeps the spot for the beatstick creature for me (this being the case if no Confinement is on the board). Since few decks keep a full arsenal of STP in their MDs game 1, Angel is safe game one, while something like laqautus needs to be brought in game two.

As for Enchantress not being the ideal deck for where I play, you're right. The only thing that really keeps it going is me knowing the decks and archtypes I play against, what cards they will use and when. Knowing what hands to keep agaisnt who, what to grab with search, and what to wish for (mainly how to win) against a particular deck is all key, but you already know that. I am a staunch defender of the idea that any deck can beat any deck, it just depends on who's playing.

This deck (at least mine) in my opinion takes awhile to really get the hang of, as you have to know what to do and how fast to do it in any given situation. You can't play this deck for a week on MWS and start saying you're a pro. Hopefully people will learn sometime that with practice, this deck (almost any type of Enchatress, but certianly not the shitty auratog version) is useful in any tournament, given the right MD and metaboarding (probably not a word).

Nov 2005
    Germany

Re: [DTW] Enchantress (Solitaire)

Ahhh... feels so good to see that old Enchantress deck back again... I built one the time it was legal in Extended and had lots of fun with it, but sadly didn't make it to a tournament before the rotation >.<.

I was also playing the Blue-Splash, and it rocked, kinda. Still, the idea of cutting Faeries maybe quite genious, since going infinite isn't really needed (at least, I can't think of any Matchup except Burn, maybe...): We should be able to bounce their permanents and then just beat them to death; they probably won't be able to do much with their board returning to their hand every turn, and we can skip our draw phase, which means we also deal "infinite" damage or wait until they deck themselves (how is this judged, btw?).

If you keep the Faeries I would suggest Seal of Removal, which helps dodging STP and other removal and also helps you against difficult threats. As for the Seal of Cleansing; with Faries MB i think they are better since you don't need the Sprawl to go infinite.

Other things that came to my mind:
    Holistic Wisdom- How often have you used it? It seems to me a little like a win-more, since you won't be able to use it early on, and since it is a one-off, I could also fetch the enchantment I need instead of getting Wisdom and then returning something from my grave.

Sylivan Library- I don't like that one... Miri's Guile is just as good for finding a specific card, and the only one i could imagine is an Enchantress since after you have one, you will draw 2 cards a turn, which negates the Library. Paying 4 life to draw a card also doesn't seem that great to me, you probably won't do it more then 2 times, and quite often you won't use it at all (On the other hand, I've been playing against aggro decks, mostly...). Finally, the interaction with Words of Wind also isn't that great since you don't want to bounce permanents during your draw step because you will either get manaburn through Sanctum or have to use coloured mana, which you need to cast your Enchantments.

This means I will cut
    2x Cloud of Faeries
    1x Stroke of Genius
    3x Sylivan Library
    1x Holistic Wisdom
    and maybe some Seals of Cleansing. That makes up to 10 slots I can fill with other cards, although I'm not really sure which cards to take >.<.

How big were your problems with land destruction, especially Wasteland? It seems to me like wasting enchanted lands or the Sanctum could hurt the deck a lot; sadly Sacred Ground doesn't save enchantments...

As for the Wishboard I can remember playing Palinchron, which also nets infinite mana quite fast.
    "My opponent has just played his 5th Platinum Angel. Does he lose the game?"

Quote Originally Posted by radley View Post
    LOL, i've just read all my PMs, i already got infractions. How many infractions do i have to get to be banned?

More German than Germans
    Jul 2006
    Madison/Muncie IN

Vielen Dank für Ihre Erwiderung! (sorry, I am a 5th year German student, and try to use the language whenever possible)

@ Faeries: If the metagame is what people around here are saying (more gobbos), the Faeries do need to leave the MD. Since the meta around where I live is sort of stagnate, I have just sort of let it be for about the past 6 months.

@ Hollistic: I think the 1 copy is good. It saves you game one against mass distruction (before Justice comes in round 2 to even things out), letting me pitch faeries for either an Argothian or destroyed/countered wish target.

@ Sylvan: Since there is more aggro where you play, I would remove these also. In my meta, there is more combo and control, so against anything but Tendrils you usually draw the cards to get you that much closer to your goal. However, it also speeds up the lock-clock against control and combo, something that is neccisary in my meta.

If your talking about Wasteland and LD in the same sentence, you are probably talking about Deadguy or some varient. That is this decks worst match-up IMO. I don't know what to do besides loading the SB with cards like Spreading Algae or Compost.

Just remember, Enchantress is a deck that must be meta'd heavy to win. Posting a all-around decklist is impossible IMO. You have to do your own research and go from there.

Nov 2005
    Germany

Hehe, it's "Erwiederung" and a more fitting word would be "Beitrag" or "Antwort" :D.
    As for the Faeries- isn't Candelabra of Tawnos much better? It costs colourless mana (thus we need only 1 coloured mana to go infinite), it can be re-used without bouncing it, it is imune to StP or Burn and it can untap more than 2 lands, which is nice because I tend to distribute the Sprawls on more than 1 land, since I'm really afraid of Wastelands, our Meta was corrupted by LftL decks and I guess I got kinda thraumatized >.<. Of course, Candelabra needs 1 more mana, is more expensive to get and can be solved by the removal our opponents board in (Disenchant, Grip, etc.). Still, it is imho 10 times better than Faeries, its biggest disadvantage is just that it doesn't cycle...

LOL, i've just read all my PMs, i already got infractions. How many infractions do i have to get to be banned?

Let me see if I can fit all of my thoughts into one post:

@Meister_Kai - Thanks alot for putting together a blue list, though I think it may be a bit unusable as it stands - where do you live, where goblins doesn't make up any of the meta? Sign me up. Anyway, let me make some vastly overstepping observations:
    -Living wish: I don't dig it. I've tested it, and I always found that wish was pretty underwhelming. Mid game when you topdeck it it sucks, though I guess your wishboard is pretty much made to make it not suck. Add a city of brass to the board to make it completely optimal, maybe? You're playing 22 land, which makes it alot eaiser to hit enough of them. Actually add loquatus maybe? I never liked it.
    -Your board: How do you beat combo? Is your meta composed entirely of non-goblins agro? Or like... mono-blue control?

@Daze - Holistic wisdom is probably the weakest card in the deck. But, let me tell you, I wouldn't play without it. It isn't just for pulling back enchantments. Although, that does help. One time I pulled squee back by pitching an argothian in response to echoes. And you can pull back sanctums against like... anything with wastelands. It's like as necessary as counterspell in agro control. Not what makes it work, nor what makes it nuts. But it makes it good.

And I'm still swinging back and forth between library and guile. Guile works under confinement, but you can win with library. Or pay eight life, then go under confinement. It's pretty good. I'll let you know what I'ma do. Dropping confinement against like landstill or something without a "kill you on your turn" win condition with two libraries out and Words of War is ten damage with five mana. It's pretty sweet.
    The E.P.I.C. Syndicate: I mean, if they play a lullaby for babies they should at least play the Monster Mash when somebody dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    If I see you in NY/I'll send you an invite/You gon' need a pass/That's the code that we live by.

More German than Germans
    Jul 2006
    Madison/Muncie IN

- Daze

@ German langauge: Damn you synonyms!!!

@ Tawnos: its not a holistic-able, its not grove-able, I can't wish for it, and it has been errated' so that it must tap. Unfortunately it can't go in.

- Baritone

@living: Near Indianapolis actually.. Being only 2 hours from Gencon, you think think there would be a crazy meta. There was a time when nearly everyone used goblins, a time when my deck had x4 confinement and x4 elephant grass in it, but most of those people tired of the deck after about 6 months. Right now its basically everything you could think of, only minus the goblin influx (which makes games as a whole more fun and varied, as more archtypes can survive).

@ Holistic (again): I agree with Baritone. I wouldn't go more than 1, but I wouldn't cut it completely either.

@ Wish: Wish can get Sanctum early game, or zealot to break a potential disk, keg, deed, whatever explosion early on (if no cleansings are present). Also, it allows me to run the squee stall tactic without breaking "your rule" of never running him MD (which I wouldn't do). It allows me to get my win conditions other than stroke or faerie beatdown, and having to resort to faerie beatdown isn't fun (I am surprised by the amount of people who don't conceed to having no board). Toping' it in the mid game isn't a problem as all my wish targets are golden.

--Quick note: I remember, back before everyone where I live started to SB Stifle, I would write down my deck as storm combo and use Brain Freeze instead of Stroke of Genius. That was a long time ago though, so I can't remember the list (it was a good deal different).

@ Combo: I used to run 2 Gaea's Blessing SB before every Solidarity player left discovered how to play around it. Usually aggressively mulling into a CoS or a hand with WoW in it is enough, as TES runs at most 4 counters (most builds ive seen run none, at least game 1).

@ Guile: I don't know about the red version, but I have always seen Slyvan as being better than Guile. The only difference between the two I see is that one costs 1 more (you should be playing something else turn 1 anyway), and you actually draw cards with library. I get people asking me to try the Guile all the time, but I just don't see the use in it (besides playing it turn one).

The deck looks unstable to you because the build I showed probably wouldn't hold up in a major tournament. If I were to take this deck to a major tournament, with the meta described by you guys as a clue (even though by looking at world's last year, I doubt predictions will come true), I would go with this:

Land:
    --Same as before, only -1 tropical island

Creatures:
    x4 Argothian Enchantress

Enchantments:
    x4 Enchantresses Prescense
    x4 Sterling Grove
    x4 Exploration
    x4 Utopia Sprawl
    x3 Elephant Grass
    x3 Words of Wind
    x3 Solitary Confinement
    x3 Sylvan Library
    x1 Moat
    x1 Holistic Wisdom
    x1 Seal of Primordium
    x1 Seal of Cleansing
    x1 Sacred Mesa

Other:
    x3 Living Wish

SB:
    x3 City of Solitude
    x2 Aura of Silence
    x2 Karmic Justice
    x1 Null Chamber
    x1 Elephant Grass
    x1 Ground Seal
    x1 Viridian Zealot
    x1 Akroma, Angel of Wrath
    x1 Eternal Witness
    x1 Squee, Goblin Nabob
    x1 Serra's Sanctum

Since we are talking about the meta at large and not where I play, i'm about 99% positive this can be improved (moat etc?). I don't want to take the focus off of your list though, because if more people play G/W/R Enchantress than mine, then I have the surprise advantage game 2 (and maybe 3) against combo .
    Last edited by Meister_Kai; 04-11-2007 at 09:21 PM.

Nov 2005
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Meister_Kai View Post

@ Tawnos: its not a holistic-able, its not grove-able, I can't wish for it, and it has been errated' so that it must tap. Unfortunately it can't go in.
    Guess you have to look a little deeper than this :). It is not holistic-able?
    hmkay, Holistic is a one-off and the only thing you can remove to get Faeries back are the Argothian Enchantresses.
    You can't wish for it? Well. putting them in the SB of course sucks, the Faerie there has to stay.
    You can't fetch it with Grove? You can't fetch Faeries with Grove.
    And you always had to tap it :D. <3 Mono Artifacts... still, you only pay one mana more to achieve the same effect (untapping 2 lands), but you only need one coloured mana to bounce it, which means you can go infinite without Sprawl. It doesn't cycle, but it can exchange white for green/blue mana, it produces mana every turn and not just the turn it comes into play and it isn't as easily hated.

More German than Germans
    Jul 2006
    Madison/Muncie IN

- Daze

@ Tawnos: When I say its non-holistic-able, I mean that there is no way of getting one back with Holistic if I didn't have one in hand (of course then there would be no point). Even though there is only one Holistic in the deck, with all the draw and search it can be found rather quickly. Tawnos also would open the floodgates for cards like Pithing Needle and artifact distruction (even though Faeries are hated on as well), making more of the opponents potentially dead cards active. I could also go on a "the one mana really does make a difference" rant, but I don't really want to.

I think that you should play around with Tawnos in a G/W/U build of your own and give your perspective on it, because right now I just can't see it working out.

Enchantress is not a viable deck.

I don't mean to be a wet blanket, but I believe that Enchantress's fifteen minutes is over.

I've a laundry list of reasons, and allow me to detail them for you:
    • Splash Damage from other competitive decks.

-With more and more decks gearing up to beat 10 or 15 turn one Goblin tokens, Engineered Explosives is becoming more and more wide-spread. I played against Slay at Kaddy's recent Dual land Draft (he was running UGw Threshold) and Game one I attempted to hide behind a squee + confinement lock (I'll admit - I was running him), only to be PWNT by an unforseen main-decked engineered explosives. I was being lazy, as I was like 1-1-1 then, and probably out of contention for the top eight. But my play mistake doesn't negate the fact that he was running the Explosives. I know that I've been telling everyone that Enchantress can't just go prison, that sitting behind squee isn't the way to play. And that's what everyone's been telling me. But I think, deep inside, that we all just want to say "Squee bounce, go" every turn while your opponent decks himself. It's easy. And I'm lazy.

-Engineered Plague also provides headaches, for us. Most decks run one or the other, in light of the whole "ETW is the Greatest Card Ever" phase the format is undergoing right now. Watcher487 beat me in the top 4 at TMLO:II only because he had the plagues. One on enchantress, the other on pegasus. Frustrating. RGBSA runs them, Dead guy runs them, Red Death runs them, BHWC Landstill runs them, and any deck with black runs them.
    • Inability to handle extra-fast combo.

-I am a member of the EPIC Syndicate, the team for which Bryant Cook (a fellow memember) chose to name his deck, The Epic Storm. Thusly, everyone with whom I test has decided to build it. I have, myself. It's a solid deck, resiellient(sp?) to hate, with the ability to win turn one or two. Which is pretty cool, and has recently changed the face of the Legacy Format. Now a deck has to be able to win by turn 3 or 4 with a disruptive clock, be able to deal with a first turn lackey, and be able to answer 10 1/1 men turn one. That's alot for a deck builder to keep in mind. But I've gone over the splash damage thing earlier, and simply talking about what a deck has to look like isn't goign to do anything productive. The more I play against TES, Solidarity, and even Aluren, the more I'm sure that the best I can do is slow down the combo player for like twenty minutes game one, until they win, take down game two, then try and force a draw for game three. It worked this past weekend against Aluren and TES (which I actually 2-0'd, but the kid was out of contention so he didn't really care so much). Humility would answer aluren, and help the already amazing Goblin match-up. Elephant grass answers the goblins, but I dont' have a solid enough clock to stop them from drawing into Burning Wish for Tranquility. And, with this CRET Belcher coming out of Canada, there's just another threat that I can't answer by turn two.
    • Complete lack of people playing the deck.

-Since February 2005, Enchantress has been played to 26 posted finishes:
      • Matt Elgin, The Lucky Frog, 2/06/05
      • Matt Elgin, The Lucky Frog, 2/12/05
      • Matt Elgin, Amrod's, 2/19/05
      • Afro, Albany, 2/25/05
      • Afro, Albany, 3/4/05
      • Peter Rotten, Albany, 3/11/05
      • Afro, Albany, 3/11/05 (This is the only event with two enchantress's, to my knowledge)
      • Matt Elgin, The Lucky Frog, 3/19/05
      • Jesse Hetfield, The Lucky Frog, 3/26/05
      • Matt Elgin, The Lucky Frog, 4/30/05
      • Jesse Hetfield, The Lucky Frog, 5/28/05
      • Matt Elgin, The Lucky Frog, 6/11/05
      • Matt Elgin, The Lucky Frog, 6/18/05
      • Jeremy, Game Empire (San Diego), 7/29/05
      • Some nameless dude, Aurich Germany, 10/1/05
      • Some nameless dude, Stuttgart Germany, 11/26/05
      • Trenton Bollinger, Wednesday Legacy at TJ's, 7/27/06
      • "Kyle G" at the Gamer's Inn, Arizona 10/27/06
      • Thomas Iversen playing "Enchantments!" - Danish Legacy Championships, Nov. 2006
      • Jesse Hetfield (sp?), The Lucky Frog, 12/16/06
      • Zach Tartell, Running GAGG II, 2/11/07
      • Zach Tartell, TMLO:II Day 1, 3/3/07
      • Zach Tartell, TMLO:II Day 2 3/4/07
      • Alix Hetfield, The Lucky Frog, 3/24/07
      • Some Nameless Hero, Magic-League Online Trial, 4/26/07
      • Zach Tartell, Kaddy's DLD III, 4/28/07

Seven of these finishes are by Matt Elgin. Three by Jesse Hetfield. 4 by Zach Tartell. Leaving a grand total of fifteen people (assuming the two folks in Germany were different competitors) having played the deck to a notable finish in two and a quarter years. To demonstrate the desparity between the prominence of Enchantress and, say, any other well-known archtype in magic, UG Madness (to my knowledge, an under-played deck as it is) posted more than twice as many top 8's and top 4's during that time. Rifter (and WR control) had 31 posted finishes. Yes, I counted.

Folks, Enchantress isn't terribly expensive to make. I don't need you to play two copies of The Abyss. You don't need Chains of Mephistopheles to be able to play it. It beats Goblins into the ground in the hands of a compotent player. Which would be a selling point, you'd think, as Goblins has made up the largest percentage in every recent relavent tournament. This leads me to:

My Conclusion:
    Enchantress is a deck that will never have more than a handful of players at any event. I'll bet anyone a foil Elvish Champion (from eighth - and I can only take the first two people that accept) that no more than 3 people play it at the upcoming GP. Its engine does not lend itself to splashing a large enough amount of blue cards to have force of will or any counter package. It is turned off early in the game by chalices for 1. It cannot lay down any early hand disruption. It loses to pyrostatic pilar, often. It has a good game against mono-agro decks, and control decks that also have poor clocks. It has trouble with burn, massive hand disrutpion (Red Death and B/W COnfidant), and cannot realistically beat combo. I'm tempted to leave the period after that, but I'll add a disclaimer that solidarity is a winable matchup, and that Aluren is do-able, and that TES is okay if you hit exactly what you need. I'm pretty sure that I lose to Flash, period.

I don't like jumping onto the whole Alarmist bandwagon, but you can't beat the current meta with this deck. Period.

Go sell your savannahs for a set of flashes or something. Or pick up chrome moxen for TES.
    The E.P.I.C. Syndicate: I mean, if they play a lullaby for babies they should at least play the Monster Mash when somebody dies.
    If I see you in NY/I'll send you an invite/You gon' need a pass/That's the code that we live by.

So what was the anti-combo SVG TEK? I still want to build the deck for fun since the cards aren't being used for anything else.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

It was root maze. But further not-being-retarted yeilded the fact that LED doesn't need to tap to activate. And 1 Immolation in the board to bring in against agro, instead of the third seal of fire. Both Spatula's idea, the second actually worked.

What does Immolation do for you? Get around Meddling Mage on Seal of Fire?
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Yes. that, and, give a permenant answer to Tog or mongrel, things that can pump in response to a seal of fire.

Monster Xero
    Sep 2006
    Minneapolis

It has trouble with burn
    Warmth is a good answer to this.

This is a solid deck that seems to go through cycles of goodness. Even if its not the best choice right now, I expect it to always be able to surprise people and perform well. Just have to time it right.
    Team ICBE

Try not to wake up on fire.

Cobra Kai Sensie
    Oct 2004

To the guy trashing Enchantress.
    The way I see it Enchantress is a metagame deck for Aggro heavy metas. Right now you would be an absolute moron to goto GP with the deck obviously, most importantly because it loses to Flash and takes splash damage from people's anti-combo sideboards. Put the deck on the shelf for a while, one day Aggro will make a comeback and Combo will be scarce then strike like a ninja in the night with Enchantress, and be all like "Booya". That's how it works, the time is definitly wrong for this deck right now in most metas. In my opinion it was this way before Flash anyways, that just twisted the knife. Also I was the "Unnamed Player" who played Enchantress in the M-L Trial, if you check the Meta breakdown for the previous Trial you might understand why I chose Solitaire.
    http://www.magic-league.com/deck/325...ed%20Burn50167
    I would gladly pilot Enchantress through a feild like this anytime, that's basically my point in a nutshell.
    *EDIT* Also you forgot my Top 8 at a Duel 4 Duals with the deck back in early 06', it's on Starcity.
    big links in sigs are obnoxious -PR

Don't disrespect my dojo dude...

Sweep the leg!

Monster Xero
    Sep 2006
    Minneapolis

Does Lifeforce have any merit for fighting Black decks? It seems like it could be useful against B-based control.
    Team ICBE

Try not to wake up on fire.

Mariah Carey Unicorn
    Feb 2005
    Rochester, NY

Quote Originally Posted by dontbiteitholmes View Post
    To the guy trashing Enchantress...
    That guy is the reason Enchantress is in the LMF. The deck can't compete in the current field, and I think it was only able to do so before because of a very competent pilot, and a perfectly unprepared meta game in that two week window.
    -Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    I'm gonna bang noobslayer's sister. Then I'm gonna do it again.
    How come it needs to be a holiday to bang noobslayer's sister?
    Quote Originally Posted by URABAHN View Post
    So, we should call it Peter, Paul, and Mary? Or we're supposed to go outside and start sucking dick?

Thread Information