Page 15 of 129 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Solidarity (Reset High Tide)

Jeska: I tended to do the same thing when I first picked up the deck. Playing a few untaps and then Wishing for a larger-than-thine Stroke of Genius... it's the sort of thing that seems like a good idea until you get a real grip on it. It leaves you far more open to Spell Counters and R-Blasts.
    Just try practicing more. You'll get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrokinesis
    Jeska: I tended to do the same thing when I first picked up the deck. Playing a few untaps and then Wishing for a larger-than-thine Stroke of Genius... it's the sort of thing that seems like a good idea until you get a real grip on it. It leaves you far more open to Spell Counters and R-Blasts.
    Just try practicing more. You'll get it.
    Gotcha. Thanx for all the advice guys. I`m picking it up. slowly but surely.

Combo King Pommes
    Aug 2005
    Germany

@Lukas Preuss: Solidarity Mirror usually comes down to who has the most experience. The easiest thing to liken it to is a Mexican Standoff. The first guy to blink is the dead one, unless, the guy who blinks can support the blinkage. See? Kind of confusing. (If you don't know what a Mexican Standoff is.....for shame) By the way, the Solidarity mirror match will frequently take 1 1/2 to 3 hours.

Thanks, I don't really know the term 'Mexican Standoff', but I know what you're talking about and I think, I get it. You don't go off unless you have an absolutely perfect hand, because otherwise your opponent will just abuse your stack to win. On the other hand, if your opponent tries to combo, you will just abuse the stack to respond to his spells and win. :)
    Sometimes you have to read between the minds.

++ T8ing all over Europe since 2005 ++
    ++ Team aYb - all your base (are belong to us) ++

Sep 2005
    Glens Falls

My suggestion if you are going to play solidarity and you know your opponent is too just Id and get something to eat save yourself some time. Lets be honest if your opponent is at all competent than you will be there all night.

Oh and now Ill be constructive. run at least 7 blasts side if you have to get lucky to get one then you are just not running enough.

I do think that you need at least one freeze side though jsut incase your deck decides to hate you and not cough up the main dec one.

Sep 2005
    Maryland (Frederick)

@Icemyn : You definetely do not need a brainfreeze in the board, here are a few reasons:

1) You should be running three in your maindeck already. Having three is great against control decks (Landstill, etc.), and is sometimes useful to 'Freeze yourself to get a Flash of Insight into the graveyard.
    2) If you can't find a 'Freeze or all your Freezes end up in the graveyard for some reason you can always flashback Flash of Insight removing a BrainFreeze, and then Cunning Wish for it.

@Everyone : Is anyone running a Rebuild in sideboard? I know that a white stax deck exists, and affinity is out there. Affinity isn't much of a problem, but the stax deck is a bad matchup, and without Rebuild we have no outs to double Chalice of the Void. Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Rotten View Post
    Extirpate reminds me of the little kids who mills you with some bad milling card looking carefully at the cards that hit the yard and then says, "ha! I just milled your StP. Now you can't use it."

Sep 2005
    Glens Falls

yeah I overlooked those little facts my bad.

Just so I know how does this deck handle sirocco someone brought it up and I was inthe belief that solidarity could handle it but I just cant see how.

Quote Originally Posted by Icemyn
    yeah I overlooked those little facts my bad.

Just so I know how does this deck handle sirocco someone brought it up and I was inthe belief that solidarity could handle it but I just cant see how.
    My belief is that you Blast it with Hydro or Blue Elemental, or you can combo off in responce or around it.

I dont know if this is correct seeing as I have not come across someone playing it yet.

Handling Sirocco is easy.
    You either
    a) counter it
    b) go off around it
    c) discard everything but what is 100% necessary to combo off.
    Sirocco can never kill you. It will always be something else that kills.
    In games where you suspect Sirocco you have to leave mana open for the Beb/Hydroblast.

Sep 2005
    Glens Falls

Ok so you jsut side in blast and counter it easy enough

I dont think you can go off around it because if they are playing it on their turn they are jsut dumb.

and being that solidarity doesnt really do to much until it wins holding mana should be relatively easy.

What do you guys take out for the blasts? I just started looking at the deck and I can't figure out how you make room for 8 Blasts.

-4 Force of Will
    -3 Twincast
    -1 Meditate

+4 Hydroblast
    +4 Blue Elemental Blast

I believe thats what was said earlier in the thread and thats what I side out for them and it seems to be working great!

Is Evacuation a necessary sideboard slot? I can see it being necessary in 2 situations:

1) There's a creature rush coming towards you and you simply can't go off.

2) There's a True Believer with Mom backup.

1 shouldn't be too much of an issue, because it consumes so much of your mana and costs you a card, making it even less likely you'll combo off, while the DTB seems to recover quite nicely from having its critters bounced. (Warchief, anyone?) 2 almost never happens anymore, and you can STILL get around it by going near-infinite and wishing for the Echoing Truth, rfg'ing it and Wishing for it. Evac just seems too expensive and too ineffective to do its job. Is there something about it I'm missing?

2 almost never happens anymore, and you can STILL get around it by going near-infinite and wishing for the Echoing Truth, rfg'ing it and Wishing for it. Evac just seems too expensive and too ineffective to do its job. Is there something about it I'm missing?
    How exactly does what your saying actually work?
    For the sake of arguement, lets say you Wish for the Truth, Cast Truth, they give their True Believer protection from blue, you can't RFG the Truth and wish for it again since it is still on the stack. You can wish for another bounce spell in response but that isn't what you said.
    Protection on the True Believer is not something that you can let resolve if you don't have Evacuation in the board, except you can't counter it, you can only leave it buried in the stack.
    So the big question is why isn't the opponent giving the True Believer protection in response to the first High Tide? At that point you would find it difficult to continue to go off without letting the protection ability resolve. Where as if you have Evacuation in the board you just ignore it and win.

Evacuation is there to simply maintain the Angel Stompy/ WW matchup as a bye.

Enchanter
    Oct 2005
    Albany, NY

Quote Originally Posted by T is for TOOL
    If you ever need to Wish for Brainfreeze, you can do so after removing one with Flash of Insight. If you're in mid-combo, you should be Wishing for draw or untap effects anyway, like Meditate, Stroke, and Turnabout. Can you elaborate more about a situation where you needed to Wish for it? I have never run into that problem.
    Regarding "Secret Gearhart Flash Tech Version 2.0" (page 6 or 7?), after brainfreeze resolves and Flash is milled, can brainfreeze itself be removed to feed my giant impulse? I know the original b/f copy is the last to resolve (if your interupting the stack), but the card itself is in the yard, is it not? Personally, instead of targeting myself with every copy, I calculate how many cards need to be milled in order to pick up the rest of my library. I target my opponent with any additional copies.
    Draw, play Island, GG?

Arthur: What manner of man are you that can summon up fire without flint or tinder?
    Tim: I... am an enchanter.
    Arthur: By what name are you known?
    Tim: There are some who call me... 'Tim'...?
    Arthur: ...greetings, Tim the Enchanter.

The Brainfreeze is put into the graveyard as the last step in resolving it. So it will only work if you let ever copy resolve.
    The problem with only doing a certain number of copies targeting yourself is what if you don't hit the Flash of Insight? The only time I don't have all the copies target me is when I know where the Flash is due to Brainstorm or a previous Flash.

Sep 2005
    Terre Haute, IN

Quote Originally Posted by Ewokslayer
    The Brainfreeze is put into the graveyard as the last step in resolving it. So it will only work if you let ever copy resolve.
    The problem with only doing a certain number of copies targeting yourself is what if you don't hit the Flash of Insight? The only time I don't have all the copies target me is when I know where the Flash is due to Brainstorm or a previous Flash.
    Or only need x copies to mill yhe entire deck.
    --Gaudard
    Coming to a Pro Tour near you.

http://www.fireflyseason2.com
    http://www.serenityfirefly.com

Dec 2003
    Portland OR

Lol, I honestly really hate to say this and it really fuckin' sucks, but I for the life of me cannot get my hands on a 4th reset. I've spent about 4 months looking and playing with them as proxies only to come to the conclusion that not a single shop in the entire portland/vancouver area has them anymore no matter how hard I look or how much cash I'm willing to pay. I hate this to be a budget discussion in the LMF forum, however, what would be a good recommendation to take the 4th reset's place in Gearhart's list? 1 Mystical tutor? drop a twincast and put 2 tutors MD? Thoughts? Opinions? Put the 4th turnabout MD? Have a Snap in it's place?

The only legacy GPT in the entire northwest is tomorrow. I've been trying forever, but just can't seem to get the deck from 98% built to 100%.

Edited By LinkXwing on 1129317304
    It's not a sin to be weak, it's a sin to stay weak.

May 2005

I would simply add the sideboarded Turnabout maindeck and put some other useful card in the sideboard, probably rebuild with all this talk about Stax. While no list is optimal without four Resets, you could get away with it. Cancel any notion of Mystical Tutor.

Sep 2005
    Cape cod, Massachusetts

Its a little off topic, but i play solidarity at a little non-dci sanctioned shop tournament. The matches aren't to tough but,there is this random aggro deck that seems to give me a ton of trouble. Its a green deck with cheap creatures (like rogue elephant or river boa) that can kill by turn 3-4 normally (by rancor + giant + berserk). I often find my self staring down lethal damage with no answers turn 3. While this tough post board he sides in 3 defene girds which force me to slow down a turn to bounce it or waste a combo piecetrying to counter it. seeing as red isnt prevalent in my meta i was thinking of taking out some Hydro/REB freeing up 3 slots in my sideboard, does anyone have any suggestions on what i should do?

His Power Is Maximum
    Apr 2004
    Lexington, Kentucky

Hibernation
    There was a young lady named Valarie
    Who started to count every calorie
    Said her boss in disgust,
    'If you lose half your bust
    then you'll only be worth half your salary.'

Thread Information